PDA

View Full Version : TV - Riverhead tour race

limodmaniac
08-04-2010, 04:44 PM
7:00 tonight Versus....wonder if the theme from shaft made the cut.

Be watching Ryan on the outside

The pace car on one particular restart!

CuriousGeorge
08-04-2010, 08:10 PM
That was awesome IMO!! Cant wait til next Wed.

Good job Broonhooser, Goodall, Pierce, Chuck Storr, Justin whats his name? Dupris, and whoever else Im forgetting. :lol:

kinserfan11
08-04-2010, 11:04 PM
What did everyone think of the Broadcast? It was Okay other than Spencer did NOT know some of the drivers names or his Cohost :D In other words Spencer was NOT good; Bring Back the Tnn Hosts when they did the Mod Tour; even Speed had some good hosts :D

night gent
08-05-2010, 01:31 AM
I agree that " Mr. excitement" was off his game. Maybe he will be better at Stafford!

MJProcko
08-05-2010, 03:28 AM
the coverage was ok but it was fun - everyone needs to let Versus how much they enjoyed the coverage. One thing about racing on one of the smallest ovals around is that I actually got dizzy watching...lol I'm thinking of not following the coverage of Stafford so I can watch it next Wed. not knowing the outcome.

PS
the only bad part of the coverage was that they announced 1st place as $5,300 to win without mentioning the man who made it happen - LIM

Magicshoes12
08-05-2010, 06:22 AM
The coverage was a lot better than what Speed had to offer for Lime Rock. The HD was better, sure Spencer messed up on some names but thats Mr. Excitement and he was just Excited!! LOL, I'm sure Stafford will look even better seeing that Jack will be at the track he owns!!! Major Props to Versus all the way from the Graphics before the race and everything. The only thing I wish they showed was how Rowan got the lead (even though i was there and know how he got it), they left on commercial on lap 110 and came back on lap 140 and just said Goodale slipped back to 4th and we have a new leader. Other than that it was awesome in my opinion!!

limodmaniac
08-05-2010, 07:34 AM
I'm not sure, but I think they mentioned a 53,000 purse, not 5300 to win. Of course that 53,000 includes everything , including end of the year bonus money. So that part made it seem to the average fan a very high paying race. That definitely wasn't the cash they were running for that night. Just like the K and N series race at Lee had a purse over 100,000. Though that paid like 6000 to win ,its cash payout was not even close to 100,000.

BChat
08-05-2010, 07:53 AM
All things considered, a good show that presented the Modifieds to an audience that may never have seen them before. There was some good racing, some "chrome horning", some bumping, some rubbing, and all the things that make the Modifieds the Modifieds.:applause:

I'll be watching again next Wednesday.

IMO, Jimmy Spencer (as well as Kenny Wallace) is a babbling buffoon who adds nothing to any broadcast he is involved with.

limodmaniac
08-05-2010, 09:32 AM
Didn't he drive like that too?

Magicshoes12
08-05-2010, 09:53 AM
Didn't he drive like that too?

was good enough to win 2 championships doing it though

Goldy
08-05-2010, 10:18 AM
Check out the website.. there is a decent race re-cap segment..

Versus on the web (http://www.versus.com/shows/nascar-whelen-modified-tour/)

KChez
08-06-2010, 09:34 AM
I thought it was funny when Spencer messed up Renee Dupuis' name and Arute was explaining the French pronunciation to him and used the word "toupee". Overall, I thought it was a good broadcast and hopefully will expose the modifieds to a bigger audience.

Howie
08-08-2010, 08:22 PM
Reminder for those that missed the broadcast it is scheduled to be on again tonight (Sunday 8/8) on Versus from 11 to midnight.

Axel
08-09-2010, 08:16 AM
Thanks for the ehads up Howie. I watched it and it was good!

Jimmy Spencer gets a little long in the tooth, but i wont complain cuz 50% of somethgin is better than a 100% of nothing. Looking forward to the other broadcasts.

uticamike
08-09-2010, 11:00 PM
was good enough to win 2 championships doing it though

Only cause a certain orange car was no longer in his way. Jimmy is Jimmy.

It's Do...Preee. LOL. Great job by Verses though. (even with Mr Excitement)

Two things to note. Did anyone see Teddy "buy" a caution with that back peddling
out of the infield after his rub with Justin B? Should have gone down 1 for that. Did anyone think Rowan was brake checking the 3 in the last two laps. This was my first ever race from Riverhead. They boys (and girl) did a good job overall, proving Bullrings don't need to be (Madhouse) like. On to Stafford.

Axel
08-10-2010, 10:50 AM
to me, that was a classic bullring race. I've only been to Riverhead maybe 4-5 times, but this was the best race, i've seen there yet.

Bob T. Racer
08-10-2010, 11:30 AM
Only cause a certain orange car was no longer in his way. Jimmy is Jimmy.

It's Do...Preee. LOL. Great job by Verses though. (even with Mr Excitement)

Two things to note. Did anyone see Teddy "buy" a caution with that back peddling
out of the infield after his rub with Justin B? Should have gone down 1 for that. Did anyone think Rowan was brake checking the 3 in the last two laps. This was my first ever race from Riverhead. They boys (and girl) did a good job overall, proving Bullrings don't need to be (Madhouse) like. On to Stafford.

Teddy hurt himself for doing that, because he DID go down a lap! He got a Lucky Dog late in the race to get back on the lead lap.