PDA

View Full Version : September 5th

Danger83Ranger
08-08-2010, 11:09 PM
worked on the truck all day with my pops, shes ready to go. excited to see how she runs and to see if she goes straight and turns in the corner. haha, everyone else ready?

Poppop
08-09-2010, 05:54 AM
:lol:I'm shocked that you actually did something to the truck before the 4th. I had the old 47 ready to go last wednesday so I even washed it this weekend. Now I'm straining my brain on putting the 99 motor in my 98. It seems they made some changes to it just to make things interesting. Heck, it's just like working on a Ford.:lol: Actually, I have to check the suspension for loose or missing parts. Just before the rain last time the track was getting pretty rough so everything needs to be checked.:cheers:

Danger83Ranger
08-09-2010, 09:56 AM
haha yeah, I want to try and maintain a top 10 in points if possible. your catching up to me quickly with those top 10s you keep getting. you should just run the old car, she seems to have a lot of spunk in her. take your time with the new car and when shes ready, race it hard. haha

Poppop
08-13-2010, 12:45 PM
Looks like I have to follow your advice Mike. the motor I put in the new car is worse off than the one I took out of it.:lol: Looks like I'm going to get a lot of practice changing things till I get a motor that doesn't have a blown head gasket. I didn't think it was going to be this difficult.:*-(

Danger83Ranger
08-13-2010, 05:46 PM
uh oh. sorry to hear you had troubles with the motor. at least you have a back up car. thats always a plus

Poppop
08-23-2010, 07:39 PM
:lol:Good news, I picked up a replacement motor from Naftzingers today. It's guaranteed to run but of course how well or how long is still up in the air.:lol:If it's running after the 5th. I might just give Big Diamond a try. I can't use the old car cause it doesn't have enough door bars.

tbirdracer
08-23-2010, 11:09 PM
well poppop,i am bring my new car to grandview to run with you boys. hope to see you and mike in the pits. and if you like grandview i think you'll like big diamond.

Erin C
08-24-2010, 09:59 PM
I am ready! LOL..My sister had her baby before this next race, although she was 7 weeks premature I thought she'd be delivering while I was at the races! I am glad that is out of the way and everyone is healthy so I can keep my focus =]