PDA

View Full Version : 2nd Annual Slick Track Invitational

limodmaniac
08-10-2010, 11:52 AM
This year, the 2nd annual Slick Track invitational will be held on Saturday night, October 9.

This year, it's going to be hard to fit all the drivers on one list..Who knows we may have to run heat races since there have been so many winners on the MRS this year.

Still working on the details, but if a driver accepts the invite to run the Slick Track race, he might just take home 500 extra dollars after the Seekonk MRS race on Sunday.

$500 will be given out in victory lane. If there is only one driver in the top 3 ( like Dwight Jarvis last year) he will take home an extra 500. If there are two drivers in the top 3, they will split the 500 ( 300 and 200). And if the top 3 all participated in the Slick Track race, they will split the 500 ( 250, 150, 100)

So far any driver who has won a race will be invited. Also any driver who is a past champion. And I guess we have to invite Ryan Preece since he won the 1st annual Slick Track invitational.

So far drivers who will receive invites are Coby, D. Jarvis, Hinckley, Masse, Alexander, McKennedy, E. Goodale, Pennink, Barry, T. Annarummo, Stefanik and Preece. If a driver attends the race but doesn't race at Seekonk they can't take home any money but can still have a great time and gain bragging rights.

Anyone want to chip in some bucks to increase the payout let me know.

All are invited to attend and do some slick track racing. Besides the drivers race, we are hoping to have other races too.. Like owner/pit crew race... Chromehorn members race... Open to all suggestions.

If anyone needs practice time, come do some warm ups with me on Aug 21 around 3:30 and also Wednesday Aug 25 after 8 pm ( and help celebrate my birthday)

SUfan
08-10-2010, 07:19 PM
I think we should put in a raceday testing ban or Maniac might miss the MRS heat races at Seekonk practicing for the big slick track race on Saturday night.

limodmaniac
08-10-2010, 09:03 PM
I practiced last year on the same day and it obviously didn't help.

Racerjoe
08-10-2010, 11:20 PM
Just what I need that extra incentive to win a race !!

limodmaniac
08-15-2010, 06:23 PM
We will be handing out some info to drivers at Seekonk this coming Saturday.

some changes have been made

Now, $1000 will be given out to the 3 drivers who compete in the slick track race and have the best 3 finishes in the race on Sunday, Oct 10.

$500,$300,and$200 will be given to those 3 drivers.

Thanks to Chris Buchman ( HossFan) for the $500 donation.