PDA

View Full Version : Sundance Vacations Speedway Aug. 28 Modified Event Features 50 Laps and a Plot Twist

LongIslandJam
08-12-2010, 09:17 AM
On August 28, at Sundance Vacations Speedway in St. Johns, Pa., the Modifieds will now duke it out in a 50-lap event that features an added twist. Made famous by Madhouse, a television show that highlights several Modified drivers at Bowman Gray Stadium in Winston-Salem, N.C., the popular “Cone Race” format will be used for the August 28 Modified event. The format comes to play during restarts, when drivers are provided the option of choosing the inside or outside lane. The tricky choice surely adds excitement for race fans and requires some strategic thinking for drivers.

Additionally, track promoter Joe Callavini has waived the entry fee for what was originally race No. 4 of the Drive for Five series and the event will still pay out a heftier purse than a regular show. Time trials will determine the majority of the starting grid, with a last chance qualifier filling the rest of the field. A redraw will shuffle the top qualifiers.

In addition to the Modifieds, Street Stocks, FWDs and the Garden State Vintage Stock Cars will be on hand for an exciting night of racing. Adult admission will remain at the regular fare of $10, with children 10 and under admitted for free, as always.

For more information, visit the Sundance Vacations Speedway website at www.sundancevacationsspeedway.com or call (570)788-7544.

dups
08-14-2010, 08:43 AM
I don't think choosing inside or outside on restarts is a big deal because not many mods even attempt a pass on the outside. Some will go outside not many in my opinion.

That would be great for thrillers or street stocks.

Just my opinion. Good luck

RGeeProductions
08-14-2010, 11:43 AM
I don't think choosing inside or outside on restarts is a big deal because not many mods even attempt a pass on the outside. Some will go outside not many in my opinion.

That would be great for thrillers or street stocks.

Just my opinion. Good luck

If you were in 8th place on a restart, and no one chooses the outside, you would not take outside pole for a restart? I sure would!

dups
08-14-2010, 12:42 PM
If you were in 8th place on a restart, and no one chooses the outside, you would not take outside pole for a restart? I sure would!

I'm not familair with the Cone Race format. I was under the impression the leader only had the choice of inside or outside.
So are you saying 1st place has option of inside or outside, then 2np place has option of front row or option of behind 1st place.

Could you explain this for us fans

RGeeProductions
08-14-2010, 12:54 PM
Just before the restart line up, a cone is placed at the start/finish line. ALL cars have option to choose inside or outside...
Like I said above, if you were in 8th place on a restart, and no one chooses the outside, you can now be outside in 2nd!
This does make it quite interesting.
Sorry, thought everyone watched Madhouse!!!