PDA

View Full Version : bristol 8/18

TMAC
08-18-2010, 12:14 PM
Does anyone have any info on the 2 practices this morning[8 and 11]thought there would be something to read about...

rp4625
08-18-2010, 12:18 PM
Does anyone have any info on the 2 practices this morning[8 and 11]thought there would be something to read about...

Check live updates

RGeeProductions
08-18-2010, 12:21 PM
http://www.thechromehorn.com/news/2010/features/liveupdate/081810_WMT.htm

TMAC
08-18-2010, 12:23 PM
I did nothing till 2:30pm

Howie
08-18-2010, 12:31 PM
There have been live updates posted there from 10:29 am thru 11:59 am. Try a refresh if they don't show up for you.

Linda
08-18-2010, 12:34 PM
Nascar Home Tracks has the practice times..

http://hometracks.nascar.com/node/5188

Edit by Howie - so do the Live Updates on TCH http://www.thechromehorn.com/news/2010/features/liveupdate/081810_WMT.htm

Rabbit504
08-18-2010, 01:05 PM
What does it pay to win Practice?

CTtoPA
08-18-2010, 03:12 PM
51,2,4,7ny is what I got for Qualifying results.

CTtoPA
08-18-2010, 03:22 PM
Here are how the cars finished in time trial order: 51, 2, 4, 7, 79, 13, 16, 3, 6, 58, 98, 47, 50, 59, 11, 02, 36, 52, 10, 46, 76, 71, 14, 40, 1, 97, 31, 28, 25, 90, 44, 93, 0, 39, 33, 99, 29, 83.

Cars that will take provisional spots are 44, 93, 0, 39, 33, 99

RGeeProductions
08-18-2010, 04:04 PM
As mentioned above, we have all that info here:

CTtoPA
08-18-2010, 05:08 PM
As mentioned above, we have all that info here:

I copied and pasted in case some people on mobile devices aren't able to access the other page. Sorry.

RGeeProductions
08-18-2010, 05:13 PM
iPhone's aren't so great, are they??? LOL

CTtoPA
08-18-2010, 07:24 PM
Why did Mike Joy say Burt Myers would get winner's points? I thought Civali was running the Southern tour this year?

RGeeProductions
08-18-2010, 07:25 PM
You should be correct on that....
Keep in mind, most are not used to announcing a Modified race....

Jaws
08-18-2010, 07:31 PM
What a great race, lets do 2 next year!!

Rabbit504
08-18-2010, 07:31 PM
James is a southern car for this race.
And was credited with a pole.

limodmaniac
08-18-2010, 07:43 PM
Wow what a race!

catfish
08-18-2010, 07:47 PM
I must say awesome battles up front between 5, 6 cars:cheers::cheers::cheers:

BChat
08-18-2010, 08:02 PM
Great race, congrats to all involved.

I truly enjoyed the racing and the coverage of it.

CTtoPA
08-18-2010, 09:29 PM
You should be correct on that....
Keep in mind, most are not used to announcing a Modified race....

Mike Joy knows more than I do. I've been to two pavement races in the past ten years. Thompson last week and Stafford the week before. I spend my time around sprint cars. He could have been correct for all I knew. I only asked because I thought I remembered seeing him second in points.

limodmaniac
08-18-2010, 09:52 PM
Watching truck race in my red roof inn lol thinking how much better modified drivers are at actually racing each other.

Other toughest going thru my mind-if Ryan Newman loves the mods as much as he says, how about giving each mod driver $300 bucks each! Share the wealth lol.

Two races next year would be nice but such a long way to travel.

I can not believe it did not rain!

Brunnhoelzl's46 sure looked great with their additional sponsor on side of car.

LI Boys did a nice job

BigMac
08-18-2010, 09:55 PM
What a great race, lets do 2 next year!!

I second that motion. That was a great race. A lot of folks said the racing would be better the second time around and they were right. I don't know what it is but these guys seem to step up whenever the TV cameras start rolling.

Did they up the purse at all over last year?

LiquidBread
08-18-2010, 10:01 PM
Great race and great coverage by Speed. That half mile just seems built for the mods. Wish they had a few more minutes to do a post race with TC, but then again the sensor button may have burned out LOL.

Modifiedthunder
08-18-2010, 10:01 PM
Jim it was a great race and tell your buddy that the race was not live on TV it was a tape delay.:-B

You and your friends have a safe ride back north!!:D

HillbillyCous
08-18-2010, 11:02 PM
[QUOTE=Rabbit504;156362]James is a southern car for this race.
And was credited wit

Great job James doing the SOUTH proud!!!!

Gil
08-19-2010, 12:14 AM
Maybe it took the green on time, but after that the race was at least 10-15 minutes behind what Denise was reporting. The time showing on her scroll was the same time as my cell phone. I watched about 45 minutes of the race while looking at Denise's reporting before I headed to the Waterford Speedbowl. Considering all of this I would say TV was time delayed!!!!!!!!

:rolleyes:

iamaranger
08-19-2010, 12:31 AM
pretty sure it started before it started on tv, i remember seeing a update on twitter about the first caution before the race even started on tv

Racer1_NC
08-19-2010, 01:06 AM
Wow what a race!

I second that!

MJProcko
08-19-2010, 03:46 AM
If you didn't enjoy that you had best check your pulse because your dead.... that was the best racing on TV all year!!! Congrats to the 7ny team, Whelen, Nascar and Mr. Smith because you took a chance and I think you have been rewarded for it. 2 races at Bristol and 3 at Loudon would be the best present for next year. Add Richmond and Nascar you won't regret it.

BChat
08-19-2010, 06:31 AM
Maybe it took the green on time, but after that the race was at least 10-15 minutes behind what Denise was reporting. The time showing on her scroll was the same time as my cell phone. I watched about 45 minutes of the race while looking at Denise's reporting before I headed to the Waterford Speedbowl. Considering all of this I would say TV was time delayed!!!!!!!!

:rolleyes:

I agree - it had to be on a tape delay.

limodmaniac
08-19-2010, 07:18 AM
Sirius radio talked about last nights races and had great things to say about the modified race. They were not kind to the trucks.

Sicklajoie
08-19-2010, 08:07 AM
There was a commercial break with 18 laps to go and when they came back it was 17 to go so it wasn't live.

MOD JUNKIE
08-19-2010, 08:19 AM
Awsome race, has to be some of the best racing for a win in many years involving 4,5,6 cars.......Well Done!!!!....:applause:

jeep4x486
08-19-2010, 08:24 AM
Now that was what Modified racing is all about. Great showing for the mods on speed. They surely showed how to RACE at bristol, not wreck a bunch of cars, and put on a great show for the fans. Hats off to all drivers and teams for representing the true racers of NASCAR!

Magicshoes12
08-19-2010, 08:44 AM
You know in all reality who cares if they delayed it 10 minutes or so, at least they showed the entire thing. Just be happy that they showed it. Thats one thing i can't stand is we complain that they are never on TV then they finally get the TV deals and now we are going to sit here and complain over a 10-15 minute delay on tv to real life. They got their commercials in and didn't gip you any laps of the race!!!

I thought the Coverage was Awesome and was a lot better than Versus. Mike Joy made one mistake saying Burt would get the win for the south when Civali did. But unlike Jack and Jimmy, They didn't stumble over any names and go off talking about something else. I like VS. coverage but last nights coverage and the race itself have been the most exciting all year! So instead of sitting here and complaining how about we give credit where credit is do!!! Great job to all the drivers for putting on a great show and to SPEED and to Nascar, they were all in line last night and showed people what they are really about!!

I was there last year for the race and this years race was 10x better. After watching it, I told my wife we are going back next year and no sooner than 10 minutes later she was looking up Vacations packages for TN. The coverage convinced her that its worth going back to!!!!! Looks like I get an awesome anniversary present for year 3!! Just like i did year 1!!! MODIFIEDS IN BRISTOL!

limodmaniac
08-19-2010, 09:01 AM
Lia almost won as much money for finishing 30th as Newman did for winning the mods.

Sicklajoie
08-19-2010, 09:15 AM
You know in all reality who cares if they delayed it 10 minutes or so, at least they showed the entire thing. Just be happy that they showed it. Thats one thing i can't stand is we complain that they are never on TV then they finally get the TV deals and now we are going to sit here and complain over a 10-15 minute delay on tv to real life. They got their commercials in and didn't gip you any laps of the race!!!

I thought the format was great. At first when they were going to commercial with 18 to go I was thinking WTF?!?! But then when they came back without losing any laps I breathed a big sigh of relief.
I won't say anything about the announcing crew except I wish they did ALL the races!
The crowd that showed up after the mod race just to see the trucks really missed the boat. What a great race they missed out on!

Hossfan
08-19-2010, 09:25 AM
Best race of the year . And only $30 to get in!

Jaws
08-19-2010, 09:46 AM
Lia almost won as much money for finishing 30th as Newman did for winning the mods.

Coming for 2011 the LImodmania Perfect Stoorm UNOH Bristol 150?? :)

BigMac
08-19-2010, 10:10 AM

I thought the Coverage was Awesome and was a lot better than Versus. Mike Joy made one mistake saying Burt would get the win for the south when Civali did. But unlike Jack and Jimmy, They didn't stumble over any names and go off talking about something else. I like VS. coverage but last nights coverage and the race itself have been the most exciting all year! So instead of sitting here and complaining how about we give credit where credit is do!!! Great job to all the drivers for putting on a great show and to SPEED and to Nascar, they were all in line last night and showed people what they are really about!!

I was there last year for the race and this years race was 10x better. After watching it, I told my wife we are going back next year and no sooner than 10 minutes later she was looking up Vacations packages for TN. The coverage convinced her that its worth going back to!!!!! Looks like I get an awesome anniversary present for year 3!! Just like i did year 1!!! MODIFIEDS IN BRISTOL!

I agree with everything said here. If it was real time you would have missed 1/3 of the race to commercial. I thought the way they did it was perfect. A 10 min delay was irrelevant in my opinion. Last night was a shining moment for modern day modified racing.

Axel
08-19-2010, 10:18 AM
what a phenomenal race. Only caught bits and pieces of it last night, but what i saw rocked.

And how about this-- only 3 cautions for 15 laps!

BChat
08-19-2010, 11:16 AM
I agree with everything said here. If it was real time you would have missed 1/3 of the race to commercial. I thought the way they did it was perfect. A 10 min delay was irrelevant in my opinion. Last night was a shining moment for modern day modified racing.

This says it all.

Jaws
08-19-2010, 12:18 PM
Oh and there is another race from NH tonight!! :)

Modifiedthunder
08-19-2010, 04:58 PM
I agree with everyone the race was GREAT and the coverage was GREAT I don't care if it was delayed I was just stating a fact it was not on TV live like some people were saying!!

The only way it was LIVE you had to be there !!

Modhauler
08-19-2010, 07:27 PM
[QUOTE=Modifiedthunder;156412]I agree with everyone the race was GREAT and the coverage was GREAT I don't care if it was delayed I was just stating a fact it was not on TV live like some people were saying!!

:disgusted
man you just don't stop The race was great the tv was great but you worry about ten minutes geeeezzzz

Modifiedthunder
08-19-2010, 08:22 PM
[QUOTE=Modifiedthunder;156412]I agree with everyone the race was GREAT and the coverage was GREAT I don't care if it was delayed I was just stating a fact it was not on TV live like some people were saying!!

:disgusted
man you just don't stop The race was great the tv was great but you worry about ten minutes geeeezzzz

I'm not the one worried about it just get a little ticked off when people keep telling that I'm wrong it was live!!! :mad: :cool: :lol:

Howie
08-19-2010, 08:36 PM
[QUOTE=Modhauler;156422]

I'm not the one worried about it just get a little ticked off when people keep telling that I'm wrong it was live!!! :mad: :cool: :lol:

It was tape delayed. If you only watched TV, I can see why you'd think it was live. They did a good job with it and it appeared live. If you also watched Denise's Live Updates at the same time, on thechromehorn you knew shortly (10 laps or so) after they restarted from the half time break that Newman had won. I knew and still enjoyed watching the finish of the race. Great job by TV cameramen and announcers, the drivers, crews, Denise, everyone. Almost made me wish I'd gone again this year.

Modifiedthunder
08-19-2010, 08:51 PM
I didn't even watch Denise's live update you could just tell it was not live they would take a 5 minute commercial and come back and there was only a few laps run when there should have been 20 laps run ??

Same here Howie I wish I went this year also the race this year was a little better than last years race :applause:

ModTourMan
08-19-2010, 10:23 PM
What a race! Speed had great coverage with good sound and great camera angles to really show what Modifieds look like coming off the corners with all that horsepower! That race HAD to create a few new Modified fans out there in TV Land! The Mods have some real momentum going with Speed and VS. coverage...lets hope it pays off with even more coverage down the line in 2011.

MOD11RACER
08-20-2010, 03:03 PM
What a race! Speed had great coverage with good sound and great camera angles to really show what Modifieds look like coming off the corners with all that horsepower! That race HAD to create a few new Modified fans out there in TV Land! The Mods have some real momentum going with Speed and VS. coverage...lets hope it pays off with even more coverage down the line in 2011.

:cheers::cheers: Amen Brother !

If you liked the race on TV go see the race in person in 2011. You will come away shaking your head. These (WMT) drivers put on one hell of a show. A great race from start to finish.

JWfor8x
08-20-2010, 05:24 PM
Now that was what Modified racing is all about. Great showing for the mods on speed. They surely showed how to RACE at bristol, not wreck a bunch of cars, and put on a great show for the fans. Hats off to all drivers and teams for representing the true racers of NASCAR!

You got that right, it was great racing.
I personally did not want to see Newman win, even flying the 7ny colors, as I wanted a tour guy from either the WMT or the WSMT to win, but he ran hard and clean as they all did and it was a great show.