PDA

View Full Version : SCCA Style, Steve Fox Sings in the Rain

LongIslandJam
08-19-2010, 09:31 AM
Berwick, PA (August 18, 2010)- Most people in the racing world know Steve Fox this season as the driver of the #50 FireHouse/Universe Towing and Autobody Dodge Charger in the ARCA Racing Series presented by RE/MAX and Menards. However, after making his Sports Car Club of America (SCCA) start with his Van Diemen RF96 Formula Continental last weekend, Fox can also be known as a road racer, as he finished in the second spot while competing in the rain on the road course at Pocono International Raceway in Long Pond, PA.

It was the 40th Anniversary SCCA National Championship SCCA races at Pocono and after competing at the facility two weeks prior in the ARCA event, Fox hoped to get a great finish for Universe Racing and all of the teams supporters. Despite the wet track conditions, Fox drove consistently to score a runner-up effort, which is his career best.

“After the weekend we had here two weeks ago with the ARCA car it feels great to get a good finish for Universe Racing and all of our guys”, noted Fox.

He was also impressed with the Van Diemen RF96 Formula Continental that he raced for the very first time.

“To run this well at a national event my first time in this car really makes me feel good about our chances for some solid performances in the future. I’m hoping that our sponsors, supporters and fans are as happy as I am. After all, we share the same sponsors between our ARCA and SCCA efforts”.

With the second half of the racing season underway, now is the perfect time to consider a marketing partnership with Universe Racing, not only for the rest of this season, but for 2011 as well.

For more information on Universe Racing and all of the team supporters, including Universe Towing and Autobody, FireHouse, AFR Productions, American Truck, Valve Tech Sales LLC, Tri State Towing Equipment, Himmer Graphics, Weigand Combat Handguns, Alex’s Lemonade Stand, G-Force Racing Products, Long Island Skydiving, Eibach Springs and StockCar Racing Experience at Pocono Raceway, please visit www.universeracing.net