PDA

View Full Version : Donny Lia

Sicklajoie
08-22-2010, 08:19 PM
From Jayski:

Lia and SS Green Light Racing part ways: With nine races left in the NASCAR Camping World Truck Series schedule SS Green Light Racing and Donny Lia have mutually agreed to seek other opportunities for the remainder of the 2010. The two-time Whelen Modified Tour Champion has run twelve of the first sixteen races of the 2010 NCWTS season for the Mooresville based team with a best finish of twelfth coming at Nashville earlier this month. The team has endured more than their fair share of bad luck having blown tires in no less than four of those races. "Sometimes you can put a bunch of good people together and for whatever reason just don't get the results you were expecting," said SS Green Light Racing co-owner and general manager Bobby Dotter. "Donny and I sat down after the race at Bristol and decided it was in each of our best interests to look for new opportunities for the rest of 2010. "We know Donny is a great race driver and I am very confident of the ability of our team, but sometimes things just don't mesh how you expected," Dotter added. "We are parting on good terms and we will leave the door open should the correct situation arise." Tony Jackson Jr. is scheduled to run three of the remaining nine races in the SS Green Light Racing No. 07. The team, which is currently eighteenth in NCWTS owner's point standings, is looking at several options for filling the remaining races in the 2010 schedule. (SS Green Light Racing PR)(8-21-2010)

Bobby1717
08-24-2010, 05:58 PM
I wonder if someone will give Donny an opportunity to run one of their mods at Loudon?

worm
08-24-2010, 07:20 PM
4 has two cars

Magicshoes12
08-25-2010, 11:12 AM
doesn't he still have one or two of his own, or did he sell everything?

oleblue
08-25-2010, 09:22 PM
i believe he sold all of his equipment to the blewett family

oleblue
08-25-2010, 09:23 PM
did you really think bob gararbino will give him a ride when he waited to the last minute to tell him he was not coming back

Magicshoes12
08-26-2010, 07:26 AM
did you really think bob gararbino will give him a ride when he waited to the last minute to tell him he was not coming back

yea i think he would, he's won him his only 2 championships so far

jeep4x486
08-26-2010, 07:50 AM
Not that it wouldnt be good to have another former champion in the final races of the season but the thought of Lia in another mystic missile car would just be a disrespect to Bobby Santos in my opinion. I think it would show that they arent in pure focus on winning a championship with him. Although I dont think you would see Lia in one of those cars, but for another owner, who knows..?

CuriousGeorge
08-30-2010, 06:32 PM
Lia listed to drive #90 Truck at Atlanta this weekend. Sponsor TBA

TMAC
08-31-2010, 12:10 PM
Hope he gets some luck soon and not try so hard

CuriousGeorge
08-31-2010, 06:53 PM
Sorry, they're in Kentucky. Steve Park in the 41 as well.

hollywoodmic
08-31-2010, 11:50 PM
That 90 team is a good team. It's owned by Doug Stringer, who is also part of Braun Racing. The crew is the Championship team of Johnny Benson, and the crew chief is Trip Bruce ( brother-in-law ) to Tommy Baldwin Jr. These guys are all excited to get together for 7 of the last 8 races. Good Luck guys.