PDA

View Full Version : Thompson Coverage on Versus Last Nite

Axel
08-26-2010, 10:26 AM
was excellent! Cool to see Thompson at nite on TV.

Dont forget to send Versus network your thanks for airing the modifieds! They can be reached at: feedback@versus.com

rydogg97
08-26-2010, 04:40 PM
coverage was great!announcers sucked!spencer is the last person the need doing that!just my opinion:-|

ModTourMan
08-26-2010, 09:47 PM
I really enjoyed all the coverage on VS. - even with Spencer's verbal stumbles! I think both Arute and Spencer will improve over time. Like me, there just exited the Modifieds are being showcased! The High-Def is great and VS. really did a good job showing the rest of the country what the Mods look like on their home turf. I'd like to see an hour and a half vs. one hours coverage but I'm nit-picking at this point. I've been promoting how good the Mods are up at Stafford and Thompson with my co-workers for years now with little response or interest. Well, today three co-workers sought me out to tell me how cool the Mods were at Thompson! No disrespect intended regarding the great racing at New Hampshire and Bristol but I've always contended that for people to really appreciate the Mods they have to see 'em at tracks like Riverhead, Stafford and Thompson as well. These are the REAL battlefields of this division!

Jaws
08-27-2010, 10:21 AM
Nice job, so nice to see all these races on TV. Lets hope it stays that way for next year too.

JRARACE
08-30-2010, 03:11 PM
We are trying to improve weekly. I would appreciate it if you feel we need to work on a particular area that you say so. Just saying that the announcers suck makes it difficult to improve.

BigMac
08-30-2010, 07:03 PM
I think they're doing well. Very enthusiastic. Sure Jimmy could have done more homework before the first race but he's improved since race one. Jackie is coaching him up. As long as they don't put "DW" in the booth I'll keep watching.

Sicklajoie
08-31-2010, 11:37 AM
We are trying to improve weekly. I would appreciate it if you feel we need to work on a particular area that you say so. Just saying that the announcers suck makes it difficult to improve.
I didn't realize your father coined the phrase "Close only counts in horseshoes and hand grenades"... :lol:

FrankR105
08-31-2010, 12:44 PM
Hey, at least Jimmy doesn't butcher the English language like that other guy, Larry Mac-Hillbilly: "He spun out all by his-self!" Now THAT guy is way over-exposed and should be replaced if NASCAR wants to shed their redneck image. Or take some sort of speech class.

But doesn't Thompson look great on TV?

Magicshoes12
08-31-2010, 01:56 PM

The announcers don't suck, you both know modifieds and are from the division. Jack all Jimmy needs to do is calm down and definitely learn the names. Probably hard with as many different races you guys go to. I think doing the in-car reporting with Stefanik was awesome!! I think the next step to go would be what SPEED did at Bristol and have some in-car Camera's. Especially that one that was under the rear bumper was pretty fricken sweet if you ask me. I think when it comes down to it, its just the research needs to be done and getting to know the drivers a little better would get all your critics to shut up. I'm just excited the Modifieds are on TV!! The other alternative is to mute your TV and do your own commentating if you don't like theirs!

kja819
08-31-2010, 04:10 PM
Jack, You and Spencer keep up the great work. The more you do the better you guys will get. And if I remember Spencer was quite excitable driving one so maybe its just a vision of what he used to do inside the car :lol:

Mod's on TV is what we are all looking for so don't knock it to hard.

BChat
08-31-2010, 04:58 PM
If "I ran the zoo", as the saying goes, I'd make everybody who wanted to broadcast a Mod race watch the tape of the Bristol race. I have not enjoyed a race telecast that much in years.

1. the racing was great, as the Mods always are.
2. Mike and Dick are very familiar with the Mods and it showed.
3. there were not a lot of useless graphics covering the screen
(Both FOX and ESPN could take a lesson from this broadcast)

On BChatTV, Mike Joy, Andy Petree, and Dale Jarret would do the races, with Dick added for the Mod Squad.

I went to talking-on the-radio-school long ago, so I tend to be extra critical, but I like what I like. YMMV

JRARACE
08-31-2010, 07:17 PM
I agree! I thought Mike did a terrific job at Bristol!

JRARACE
08-31-2010, 07:18 PM
I didn't realize your father coined the phrase "Close only counts in horseshoes and hand grenades"... :lol:

He didn't coin the phrase...HE JUST SAID IT ALOT:)