PDA

View Full Version : Observed

art11758
08-27-2010, 01:00 PM
On the LIRR yesterday, two gentleman were discussing their weekends. One was on his boat. The other went to Riverhead Raceway. What did he talk about? In order: demo derbies, modifieds, skidplate racing, legend cars. So there you have it from John Q. Public as to what the "must see" things are at Riverhead. And his friend with the boat seemed interested enough to come out and see. Just thought I would share.

Ka$h25
08-27-2010, 03:05 PM
Pretty much what I would expect. Surprised the Figure-8's weren't mentioned but I guess the lack of cars out there makes them less exciting. Unless he was there a week they were off, but judging by the skid plate/demo reference I assume it was this past week and the figure 8's were indeed on display.

People like to see something different. You don't usually come across a Modified or Legend race on TV, and you certainly never come across skid plates or 4 cyl demolition derbies. The weekly race fan usually complains about the "circus acts" but thats what puts a lot of these casual spectators in the seats.

nascar071
08-27-2010, 06:31 PM
Quite honestly , I dont care who comes or why. I just like to see the stands filled. There's nothing better than sitting in your car before a race and waving to the kids , then having them come up to you at the end of the night to tell you they were rooting for you. You get to be someones hero for the night. How cool is that! :D

Golf Guy
08-27-2010, 06:35 PM
Quite honestly , I dont care who comes or why. I just like to see the stands filled. There's nothing better than sitting in your car before a race and waving to the kids , then having them come up to you at the end of the night to tell you they were rooting for you. You get to be someones hero for the night. How cool is that! :D

Ron you are my hero every Saturday night- LOL

RickFigure8
08-27-2010, 07:39 PM
Just to throw a different opinion out there, here's a woman whose youtube videos I watch. Out of nowhere a month or so ago she posted this one. She was there for the whole show but look what she decided to make the video on. And from what she says this was her first time there. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ujlQbXg3V38