PDA

View Full Version : Thought This Was Pretty Neat

Magicshoes12
08-27-2010, 08:14 PM
Saw this on Nascar.com......it was Todd talking all about the Bristol week, his trip there and stuff and he mentioned this...............

Todd Bodine: We got to Bristol on Tuesday and yeah, it was neat that the Whelen Modified guys were there, but unfortunately the way the schedules played out, I didn't get a lot of chance to spend time with them.

Janet Bodine: You look at five days there and it seems relaxing -- and there is some time for that -- but it can get pretty hectic, too.

Janet Bodine says her and Todd's route to Bristol was mostly highway driving -- but never dull.

It's just ridiculous how people drive, and I don't think they teach in Drivers Ed any more that there's a travel lane and a passing lane.

-- TODD BODINE
Todd Bodine: I still know a lot of those guys. Obviously, they're older now, and a lot of the young kids I don't know. But I do know a lot of them and I was disappointed I didn't get to spend more time with the Modified guys. I went in and watched some of their practice, but when they're practicing you can't go BS-ing with 'em, you know?

Janet Bodine: After that, the schedules kind of ran on top of each other.

Todd Bodine: They got done and it was time for me to go to work with our practice, and when we got done practicing, they were out qualifying. So I didn't get a lot of time to talk to anybody and that was disappointing. And it was neat that Bono Manion and Gary Putnam and Ryan Newman won that race. That just shows you the quality of racers they are, because those Modified guys are really sharp and they're good at what they do. For those guys to only run a couple races a year and now, to have won two in a row shows you just how good they really are -- pretty impressive when you're up against [Mike] Stefanik and [Ted] Christopher and [Todd] Szegedy -- and they just beat 'em.