PDA

View Full Version : Welcome to Riverhead Raceway

limodmaniac
08-28-2010, 11:32 PM
Almost went to Lancaster to watch the Tommy Druar/ Tony Jankowiak Memorial 100, but last minute plans had me going to Riverhead. Love the short track bumper to bumper action at the 1/4 mile track. Haven't been to too many races at Riverhead this year, but am very curious to know if they have a new rule when deciding who is involved in a wreck. I saw two cars spin out and go in the infield and a caution comes out. But alas, only the 3rd car involved is the cause of the yellow. I know people will have their reasons for saying why they weren't put to the rear also, but it seems to be to be flat out wrong.

Also, thanks to the people who decided cutting my tires in the parking lot was a cool thing to do. Much appreciated !

Lugnuts
08-28-2010, 11:41 PM
LI Mod Maniac,

Sorry to hear about your tire situation. Pretty sad that things have come to this. As for your question about the line up after the two cars spun in turn 2-3, I may have an answer, not sure if it is true to form but if my memory serves me right i will give you my take.

I have been involved on a couple of teams throughout the past and I believe if you spin or are involved in an incident as did the 23,84 and 14, if you keep moving and the caution is flown, the caution is therefore blamed, sort of speak to the one who stops or stopped and in this instance was the 14. Victim of circumstance i guess. The 23 and 84 never really lost a beat and kept moving and were moving when the yellow was thrown. Not sure if this is exactly what happened just what I think is the case.

Lugnuts
08-28-2010, 11:50 PM
WELCOME TO RIVERHEAD

$27.00 for 4 divisions and a school bus demo, and a sad one at that.

And they wonder why people don't come back. I for one am done for the season and next year, if there is one, I will have to think real hard as to which shows I will attend, if any.

Bad car counts , poor calls by officials, single file start for the best field on late models all year, etc, etc, etc.

Pay more and get less for your money!:disgusted

Teds Race Tours
08-29-2010, 12:54 AM
Jim.
Sorry about your tires....thats bs. :mad:

I know the rule is if you keep moving then the caution isn't for you....however, there wouldn't have been a caution in Fortin didn't try and stick his car in a spot where a go cart wouldn't have fit, let alone a Modified. The 84 caused the wreck, and, in my opinion, should have been put in the back.

WJ. isn't that his only job? To know what he's watching? Seriously, those were his answers? What a shame.

DriveitinDeep
08-29-2010, 09:23 AM
totally freaking amazing WJ.:mad:

Jaws
08-29-2010, 09:59 AM
Don't know, or don't care?

Also $27.00 for last night?

What time did they get done?

Oh and Jim, sorry about the tires.

MaKiN Em SiCk
08-29-2010, 11:05 AM
Seems that no matter what the situation, what race, what night, even if it was 2seconds ago... he doesnt know...

You should have also asked him how the 08 in the LM race went a lap down, after he came in to change a LF flat... and made it back out before the gate was closed... and while there were sill 0, yes that is zero, laps on the board...

allhailunc
08-29-2010, 11:42 AM
you expect anything different?:disgusted sad the real racers out there(you know who you are)have to put up with this kind of Bullsh1t:disgusted

The Bullfather
08-29-2010, 03:54 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't Jarrod helped off the track under that caution? I don't recall him pulling into the pits under his own power.

JH6868
08-29-2010, 07:42 PM
Maggio and Fortin are tight. Maggio's answer proves it. Free fuel oil ?????

sobe
08-29-2010, 08:34 PM
Jim.
Sorry about your tires....thats bs. :mad:

I know the rule is if you keep moving then the caution isn't for you....however, there wouldn't have been a caution in Fortin didn't try and stick his car in a spot where a go cart wouldn't have fit, let alone a Modified. The 84 caused the wreck, and, in my opinion, should have been put in the back.

WJ. isn't that his only job? To know what he's watching? Seriously, those were his answers? What a shame.

are you sure about that he never does anything wrong just ask him?!?!?!?!?!

woot lawrence
08-29-2010, 09:37 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't Jarrod helped off the track under that caution? I don't recall him pulling into the pits under his own power.

i thought i saw the same thing

Turbo
08-30-2010, 04:48 PM
:mad::mad: just lost the 08 late model for the rest of the season due to that call :mad:

BleachrCreature
08-30-2010, 08:44 PM
Seems like every week someone has a problem with Jim!:mad: The track reads the jam and YET THEY DO NOTHING ABOUT HIM!!!!FIRE HIM ALREADY:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

EDGEnterprises
08-30-2010, 09:15 PM
I was HURT in a racecar, knocked out for 5 minutes... and he said to my family... "he'll be just fine, don't worry about him"

I have it all on a camera that was mounted inside the racecar, 5 minutes from the impact to when the TOW TRUCK people noticed I was in and out. So good going OFFICIALS!... and the Cromarty's could careless too. "Maybe his car wasn't safe enough, the officials should have to inspect that car again if he was knocked out"... What a bunch of BS!

They all could care less about what happened thereafter with a trip to the hospital with a mild concussion, and a handful of other issues.

This place is going down, and going down fast. They don't take suggestions, they take our money and thats that. The 92NY Legend Car will NOT be back this season, and possibly next season as well. I know a few other cars are pulling out too... What's it going to take for them to do something? a Boycott? :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad: :mad:

Ka$h25
08-30-2010, 09:40 PM
A boycott is about all it will take for them to make changes.

Except those changes will probably be selling to the next person that comes knocking on their door looking to build another shopping center.

This is what we've got, let's enjoy it for what it is.

Tommyj16
08-31-2010, 08:42 PM
when the officials are unhappy w/ a division they hold a drivers meeting maybe each div. should elect a spokes person and have a meeting w/ the officials and go over some of the issues we are having. like kash said this is all we have the only track on LI lets try to make it better. i understand some guys are upset and bad calls are made but bad calls have been around w/ evey official and every sport.

53ny
08-31-2010, 08:54 PM
Officiating in all sports ,wether stick n ball or motorsports,is a tough job to handle..No one is perfect,everone makes mistakes...Seems to be a bad call every week,no matter what division its being made in....It kinda makes you wonder if its the call itself,or the OFFICIAL MAKING the call.....A more consistant JUDGE(official) would make racing more favorable for all......JMO..

Jaws
08-31-2010, 10:08 PM
when the officials are unhappy w/ a division they hold a drivers meeting maybe each div. should elect a spokes person and have a meeting w/ the officials and go over some of the issues we are having. like kash said this is all we have the only track on LI lets try to make it better. i understand some guys are upset and bad calls are made but bad calls have been around w/ evey official and every sport.

Best post all week!