PDA

View Full Version : Saturday Night

DriveitinDeep
08-29-2010, 12:59 AM
Great car count guys. Very poor racing. 35 minutes to complete lap one.
Everyone put on a terrible show. I have never been in a 50 lap race at RR
that never went the distance. We all should have our heads down after that showing. Let's try to put on a decent show at the final 50 on Sept 18th.:disgusted

Ka$h25
08-29-2010, 01:30 AM
Great car count guys. Very poor racing. 35 minutes to complete lap one.
Everyone put on a terrible show. I have never been in a 50 lap race at RR
that never went the distance. We all should have our heads down after that showing. Let's try to put on a decent show at the final 50 on Sept 18th.:disgusted

I'm pretty critical of the division and dont get me wrong the early display was downright embarrassing, but when things sorted out it was an awesome race. Other than the tour race there hasn't been another race this season that I've actually been torn in what to watch. There was always 2-3 good battles going on and solid racing through the entire field. It's a shame the race was spoiled by that start but a really great race otherwise.

Also kudos to Mike Coll getting off the track when he had a minor failure. Could have easily got a caution and charged back through the field, shame to see that happen. Hopefully we'll see them guys again.

RovinPromotions
08-29-2010, 07:51 AM
Well i was sitting with a sponsor client of mine last night, and it was also his first time ever to a stock car race. I was getting frustrated cause of all the cautions, but the entire family enjoyed the race...by the way the car he sponsors finished pretty good,so that made up for the cautions....:wave:

Jaws
08-29-2010, 10:10 AM
Roger, 20 (wow twenty) Late Models I guess you have to take that positive and build on it. I don't think any Late Model race in the whole northeast has had than many cars this year. Now you have to work on the racing part.

TTOR
08-29-2010, 10:25 AM
I wasn't there last night, but when I saw there were 20 cars, I was happy. Thats great for the division.

Teds Race Tours
08-29-2010, 11:25 AM
The car count was great, but Roger was dead on by calling it very poor racing. The divsion missed out on a great opportunity last night. Some of the drivers just don't understand the premise of GIVE and take. They only take, when a little bit of give would improve the overall race quality ten fold.

Fine Line
08-29-2010, 12:15 PM
I was on the end of the "TAKE", There was no reason for what went on w/ the Late Models last night. Some drivers were over aggressive and had no GIVE & TAKE for other drivers and some were just stupid. I will not be back this season w/ the 7 car. Way too much damage for me to take care of after the engine fiasco.

Chris La Spisa

racecar24
08-29-2010, 07:49 PM
let's get back to the car counts shall we. 20 cars!!! WOW! also I wasn't there so I checked the photos. I saw greg kliela's car in the pits but never hit the track. can I have some info on that? also does anyone know if the new guys are gonna come back for anymore races.
17x- rusty turbush
01- rob tribuzio
08- jarrod hayes
22- lenny podlaski
61- mike coll
66- john vullo
28- andy barker
37- bob baker
??????????????

mccoystax
08-29-2010, 08:02 PM
It was announced that the 72 had engine issues and would not start.:disgusted

j-rod
08-29-2010, 08:24 PM
i can tell you that the 08 will never be back to the track til maggio is gone.

Richie25
08-29-2010, 10:27 PM
let's get back to the car counts shall we. 20 cars!!! WOW! also I wasn't there so I checked the photos. I saw greg kliela's car in the pits but never hit the track. can I have some info on that? also does anyone know if the new guys are gonna come back for anymore races.
17x- rusty turbush
01- rob tribuzio
08- jarrod hayes
22- lenny podlaski
61- mike coll
66- john vullo
28- andy barker
37- bob baker
??????????????

17x- rusty turbush - car is for sale
01- rob tribuzio - car is for sale
08- jarrod hayes - not coming back
22- lenny podlaski - ??
61- mike coll - races at mountain
66- john vullo - car is for sale
28- andy barker ??
37- bob baker??

Jeff T
08-30-2010, 08:20 AM
I was happy to see a full field of cars Saturday night, but that happiness was soon washed away by the lap 1 fiascos. It was a shame that all of that happened because the division finally had the car count and the fans looking on to showcase themselves. Unfortunately, after "Lap 1-take 3", half of the pits grandstands departed. 30 minutes of running under caution was pathetic. I'm not blaming everything on the drivers though. Waiting for one car in the pits for 10 caution laps is unheard of. The officials blew that call big. As for the cars involved in the cautions Saturday night, there were two cars in particular who seemed to be involved in a majority of them. I'm not going to throw them under the bus here and say who, but if you were there, you know which two I'm refering to. I think that the division had a chance to really shut up a lot of nay sayers this past week, but the end results just added fuel to their fires.

DriveitinDeep
08-30-2010, 08:51 AM
the 72 had oil pressure issues.

The 01 has been for sale for over 2 years. Hell, Rob lives in Georgia.
The 66 is foe sale.... so?
The 17x is going to be raced by JJ's son.
What's the freaking big deal if a car or 2 or 3 are for sale? Cars are ALWAYS for
sale!
The point is there was a full field. If you want to criticize the racing, that's a different deal. If you don't like the division, just say that instead of looking just to to undermine what good there was.
Every division has good nights and bad nights. Some of you phuqing people who
just get there jollies complaining really piss me off.
Build on the positives and deal with the negatives.

The deal with putting Jrod a lap down is by far the stupidest bit of so called officiating I have ever seen or heard.
Anyway, build on it, don't tear it down yet

Fkraft99
08-30-2010, 12:08 PM
I can tell ya Jrod is no so much PO'ed because he got put a lap down but rather pissed that he was never informed he was a lap down. He ran hard to get back into the top 5, doing damage to his car that he wouldnt have done if he knew he was a lap down. Only to find out after the race that he was penalized.

racecar24
08-30-2010, 12:45 PM
roger, who is jj's son?

DriveitinDeep
08-30-2010, 12:54 PM
Kyle Ellwood now that he is 16

greggforce01
08-30-2010, 01:11 PM
It was great to see a nice big full field. Yes there were a lot of cautions, but with a bunch of guys that don't race full time, can you expect anything else? What made me laugh was the three of four cars running for dead last and were spinning each other out.

Golf Guy
08-30-2010, 06:26 PM
If you look at the cautions
1 37 broke?
2 flat tire
3 crash
4 debris
5 35 broke
6 crash
7 88 spin
8 debris
9 spin
and the 61 did a great job getting off to keep from causing a yellow
6 of the 9 cautions are really just bad luck/hard racing not bad racing. I though the racing up front was as good of Late Model racing as you will see.

Richie25
08-31-2010, 12:16 AM
the 72 had oil pressure issues.

The 01 has been for sale for over 2 years. Hell, Rob lives in Georgia.
The 66 is foe sale.... so?
The 17x is going to be raced by JJ's son.
What's the freaking big deal if a car or 2 or 3 are for sale? Cars are ALWAYS for
sale!
The point is there was a full field. If you want to criticize the racing, that's a different deal. If you don't like the division, just say that instead of looking just to to undermine what good there was.
Every division has good nights and bad nights. Some of you phuqing people who
just get there jollies complaining really piss me off.
Build on the positives and deal with the negatives.

The deal with putting Jrod a lap down is by far the stupidest bit of so called officiating I have ever seen or heard.
Anyway, build on it, don't tear it down yet

i assume that is aimed at me. Roger relax. i was answering the guy's question. JJ'S late model is for sale on racing junk. if it does not sell they will race it at mountain thats what i was told by kyle. if it sells they are getting another legend car. i talk to kyle every day. he asked if those list of drivers will come back i say for the most part no. 3 of them are for sale, 4 of them it was there 1st race this season, 1 of the 4 races at mountain. and we know jrod is not going to come back. how does that say at all that i am complaining? that i hate the division? that's right it does not. it is my opinion that the cars for sale will most likely not race again this year. they may come back for another tt race. then again i may be wrong who knows. . i like late models and always will. i was happy to see a full field of lm's. looked like a race track with 20 of you guy's out there. wish it would have went more green flag racing. nobody likes time limits. hope you guys do keep the car counts up.