PDA

View Full Version : 08/28 Late Model Finish

RGeeProductions
08-29-2010, 11:00 AM
I see that #08 Jarrod Hayes finished 9th. At the checkers he crossed the line 5th. He did pit on lap 0 for a tire change and returned to the back of the field on the lead lap. Anyone know what penalty he got to place him to 9th?

Ka$h25
08-29-2010, 11:09 AM
This must be the grand finale in the "How big of a moron can I look like" installments of Jim Maggio.

APPARENTLY, Jarrod Hayes intentionally brought out the caution on lap zero. Jim made up in his mind that the 08 would be one lap down. Now all of this is lousy, but at least debatable.

Here's where it gets good. Einstein decides to let the 08 run the rest of the race in the pack with the lead lap cars while every other lapped car goes to the rear.

I think the only person more confused then I am while watching these decisions is Jim Maggio himself.

RGeeProductions
08-29-2010, 11:17 AM
Jarrod Hayes didn't intentionally bring out the caution... he was helped into that....
And since when is a car put a lap down for causing a caution anyways, ESPECIALLY when no laps were recorded!? :confused:

j-rod
08-29-2010, 12:19 PM
your correct rgee productions,,,the car starting inside of me ''caused'' the caution when he came up in to my lf tire.

unowho243
08-29-2010, 12:22 PM
can someone seriosuly fire this guy im so sick of seeing these rookie calls being made every week the man has no clue what hes doing.....

allhailunc
08-29-2010, 12:51 PM
you really think that'll work?they'll just find another blind idiot to take his place:disgusted

DriveitinDeep
08-29-2010, 01:53 PM
thanks for the positive thoughts Larry, that really helps the situation. Come up with an idea or a solution, don't compound it

leah28racing
08-29-2010, 03:35 PM
guess more people will be joining the group on facebook lmao! :lol:

only members can see members. group is private!!!:p

greggforce01
08-29-2010, 04:14 PM
I don't know how it is possible to be put a lap down when there were 0 laps on the board. Nothing else to say besides terrible. Feel bad for the 08 coming back to race for the first time this year, being given a flat by the pole sitter for riding him too high (assuming I read his post right, but that's what it looked like to me), then being put a lap down for having a flat. This isn't the way to get people back to RR.:(

Jaws
08-29-2010, 05:17 PM
This must be the grand finale in the "How big of a moron can I look like" installments of Jim Maggio.

APPARENTLY, Jarrod Hayes intentionally brought out the caution on lap zero. Jim made up in his mind that the 08 would be one lap down. Now all of this is lousy, but at least debatable.

Here's where it gets good. Einstein decides to let the 08 run the rest of the race in the pack with the lead lap cars while every other lapped car goes to the rear.

I think the only person more confused then I am while watching these decisions is Jim Maggio himself.

So he started the race (-1). That has to be imposible. Is that part of the NASCAR rule book?? Wow. Very sad.

hollywoodmic
08-30-2010, 12:51 AM
He was penalized for "deliberatley bringing out the caution". That's what they said over the radio. They would have completed a lap if he didn't stop up in Turn 2. Lets be honest he didn't need the wrecker..........the grey area there is, if you get "pushed off" by the wrecker you didn't do it deliberatley. So a smart move on J-Rod's part but, it should have gotten him off the hook, guys have been doing it for years, Jim saw it differently.

Guys bump wheels that happens every race, J-Rod just got a flat from his. I didn't see it, so I can't comment on it. It's unfortunate it would have been a great race with him up front. I do think someone should have let him know he was being penalized for a lap before he tried to go out and win the thing. He did a great job coming from the back, I would have loved to see that victory lane if it went the full distance........." Sorry Jarred you were a lap down, you're not the winner" that would have been nuts.

The 1 lap penalty can be asessed before or after the race, who cares if 0 laps were down. He brought out the caution (per the Cheif Stewart), and was penalized 1 lap for it. I just think Jarrod's point is, let him know. Whether he agrees with the call or not why should he tear his stuff up if getting to the front won't really make a difference.

I'm not saying I agree or dis-agree with the call. I'm just saying that's what I heard he lost the lap for. Too bad because he was putting on a show coming from the back.