PDA

View Full Version : Condolences to the family of Enduro Racer Chuck Long

greenflag
08-30-2010, 08:46 AM
We received some very sad news this weekend of the passing of Big Diamond Enduro Racer Chuck Long. Chuck was just 44 years old.

Chuck started racing about mid-season last year, and really was enjoying a great year in the former Chris Reichert #27 car. Chuck moved up into the sixth spot in the 6/8 Cylinder Enduro point standings at our most previous race in July. His #27 car sat in Grandview Speedway victory lane with C. Reichert as driver earlier this month.

He was very well respected by his fellow competitors and race teams and will be sadly missed. Our condolences are extended to the family of Chuck Long.

Gary Lileck

Erin C
08-30-2010, 11:22 AM
Oh my. My condolences to the family and friends of Chuck. Its not fair to be taken so young. :(

Thank you for sharing this with us, Gary.

NJ Chick
08-30-2010, 01:30 PM
I'm so sorry to hear this.....our deepest condolences to his family and friends.

Dr D and Cindy

rustyboltz6
08-30-2010, 05:05 PM
Well stated Greenflag. Chuck was having a blast this year at Big Diamond. He's been helping a few of us for years work on our cars, but he never actually got to race himself until last season. This would have been his first full year in his own car and he could have potentially finished the year in the top 5 in points. All it took was a phone call and he'd be there to help work on your car, it didn't really matter who you were, he just liked to help his buddies. I'm gonna miss those late nights in the Super Tune Garage playing cards and drinking beer on the hood of the car with Chuck. We're all going to miss that contageous laugh of his!! It just won't be the same, he will be greatly missed. My condolences go out to Chucks family and friends.