JED
09-01-2010, 06:38 PM
Tonight at 7:00 PM

kinserfan11
09-01-2010, 07:03 PM
Jed; did you see my post here? its been up since sat nite about the race :D

RGeeProductions
09-01-2010, 07:06 PM
Actually kinserfan, your post was in a congrats thread.....
and JED was bringing it up front as it is on now....

kinserfan11
09-01-2010, 07:41 PM
Regee; if you read the reply i made it says what time the race was on :D

Jaws
09-01-2010, 08:27 PM
Great job by Versus again. I can really get used to these weekly mod races!

Plus seeing a race at a track I have never seen is an added bonus.

Axel
09-01-2010, 08:33 PM
Cool race and nice coverage. I think Jimmy is starting to do his homework more. A marked improvement.

I like Caraway -- it s neat track. Kinda like a more banked Stafford with a goofy semi-mini-dogleg on the backstretch. I also like the christmas lights above turn 1. Reminds me of Flemington!

MJProcko
09-02-2010, 02:56 AM
another great job by the modifieds, versus and Nascar. Caraway is a really good looking track to race on.

jandj
09-02-2010, 08:24 AM
The next NWSMT show is this Saturday night at Langley Speedway in Hampton, Va.....which just happens to be the closest short track to me.
First time in ages the Mods have been there, I started watching the Mods there back in the 60's when it was dirt, they paved it in the late 60's. It's relatively flat, .395 mile.
Hoping for a good crowd, local interest seems to be pretty good.

uticamike
09-03-2010, 11:45 PM
I was suprised at the very light crowd there. Southern race fans only like fenders?

( B/G aside). Also, 150 laps an no tires is not a formula for great racing. Eveyone

was used up it seemed at the end. Was NASCAR really going to let LW get away

with his "punt" on Seuss? :( Didn't like that at all.

Racer1_NC
09-04-2010, 12:26 PM
I was suprised at the very light crowd there. Southern race fans only like fenders?
July race there was well attended.....

Fenders are more popular but when you talk about Caraway there are other reasons you don't see many people there...the owner being the biggest one.

jandj
09-06-2010, 02:11 PM
Small field at Langley - 15 cars, one a third Myers car for a local Late Model driver that parked after about 5 laps, but a real good race.
Probably the best crowd of the year at Langley.
I'm going to keep quiet about the race as it's on this Wednesday.
If they don't mention it on the broadcast I'll let you know Thursday about a classy move by the race winner.
Track was pleased and is talking about having the Tour return next year.
I've been going to Langley since it was dirt back in the 60's, it's come a long way.
One thing that never seems to change -
First race was 20 laps for winged Champ karts.This race was run by the local kart club and went smoothly and efficiently.
Second race was the Tour Mods, run by Tour officials. Went smoothly and efficiently.
Kart race went off shortly after 7:00, Mod race was done by 9:00.
Last races were 25 laps for the Legends, 50 laps for "Langley Modifieds" (pretty much Late Models with no front sheetmetal).
Lap after lap of yellow getting the scoring right, cleaning up the never ending wrecks and some just plain dicking around.
Final checkered fell about 11:00.
Think next year I'll leave after the Tour race... ;)

Racer1_NC
09-06-2010, 03:55 PM
Think next year I'll leave after the Tour race... ;)
Never a bad move to make.

I enjoyed my trip...good attitudes from the track staff......the promoter waving to the mod drivers as they made a pace lap...you could tell the drivers and fans were welcome there.

The race was good and over at a decent hour. The only thing I didn't like was the 600 mile round trip...but I'll get over that. :lol:

kinserfan11
09-08-2010, 06:44 PM
Its on tonite from 7 pm est to 8pm est from Lagley Speedway in Hampton Va :D:D

jandj
09-08-2010, 08:22 PM
Ok, now that it's been on TV...
A good race to be at!
Civali qualifies on the pole, starts 7th on the redraw.
Comes to the front in 10 laps and looks like the race is his.
Tim Brown plays it smart, takes care of his tires and takes the lead inside 20 to go, holds on to give his owners their first Tour win.
Lots of good racing in the pack all night long.
In his pre-race interview Tim mentioned meeting a young lady with serious health issues who is the guest of the track and says if he's fortunate enough to win and the owners will let them he'll give her the trophy.
As soon as the post race ceremonies were over, Tim crosses the track to the spectator side, goes to the press box and presents the girl the trophy.
A class act by Tim and his owners.
Looking forward to Mods at Langley next year!

KChez
09-09-2010, 07:43 AM
Awesome race from Langley! For a light field, they sure put on a good show-lots of side by side, exciting racing for the lead, minimal cautions and what looked like a huge crowd. Broadcast was great also. Don't forget to tell Versus how much we're diggin' their coverage of the best division in racing!

Jaws
09-14-2010, 07:16 PM
What a great looking and racing track. perfect for the modifieds. Love to see a north/south race there.