PDA

View Full Version : Wow, what a day

Danger83Ranger
09-05-2010, 05:06 PM
Today was nothing short of exciting. There is going to be a lot to talk about on this forum to keep everyone busy till next race. Kenny, im sorry your car got totaled, it amazes me that a dead car can sit on the track for 40 laps and some dummy hits it on the final lap. Other than that, I think my day was productive, last the whole race and the truck ran good.

Poppop
09-05-2010, 07:13 PM
:lol:Yea, being my car sucked today, and I didn't even have the unlucky camera in it.:lol: I didn't see the hit but I did see a whole lot of cars miss it multiple times in traffic.:mad: I just might have to junk it if I can't get the frame straight, and the motor won't start either. You did realey well today. There was one point in the race that I couldn't catch you, and at the time my car was running good.:lol:

NeetsSpectator
09-05-2010, 07:57 PM
:lol:Yea, being my car sucked today, and I didn't even have the unlucky camera in it.:lol: :

I'm starting to wonder if you are bad luck.
As soon as I offered to let you use my scanner, it stopped working.

If I get it working again you are welcome to use it.

Poppop
09-05-2010, 08:11 PM
:lol::lol:Youre probably right. Mike had it today and it must bring him good luck.

mcstockcar
09-05-2010, 08:38 PM
I think the camera jinx is off my back for now!

Philter39
09-05-2010, 09:53 PM
To much blatant spinning cars out today by my observation 2 cars. One of them My wife taped the 520 spinning out the 17 which caused the 4k to roll over. He never appeared to try and back out of the gas just looked like spinning 17 was his plan for passing it.Can any one guess the other car # ?

phil

steve93lm
09-06-2010, 05:32 PM
I apologize for yelling like an ass in the pits yesterday but that guy brought me to my breaking point. People like him make it no fun. I did hear that crew got kicked out of some other tracks already. Can't imagine why!

Poppop
09-06-2010, 05:38 PM
:lol:If that's the same guy that destroyed my car you get my vote as official screamer.:applause: Somebody has to let them know what's what and don't come back. That is, if he wants back what he gave.

Poppop

Danger83Ranger
09-06-2010, 06:34 PM
Thanks to that 43 guy I got my first flat tire ever with Neets. So im with all of you! :lol:. Luckily it lasted till the race was over.

I dont know how to put it other than this, JOE, GROW A PAIR AND PUT YOUR FOOT DOWN! YOUR TOO NICE OF A GUY! SKOOK :lol::lol::lol:

People were pulling in waaaaay after 12, what happened to no exceptions? I heard your voice over the radio A LOT saying watch the bumpers. I didnt hear of any, but were there any black flags? I know you have a lot on your plate, so I respect any decision you have made and will continue to respect any decisions you will make.

Also, lots of complaints about the very long wait time for the small car race to start, no speedstrs and we still didnt get to the track till normal time. In the words of Jack, just my 2 cents.

Danger83Ranger
09-06-2010, 06:37 PM
:lol:If that's the same guy that destroyed my car you get my vote as official screamer.:applause: Somebody has to let them know what's what and don't come back. That is, if he wants back what he gave.

Poppop

yeah it was the same car. I have one tip for you kenny, get rid of that ghost who was driving your car on the last lap, he enjoyed turfing through the infield just a tad too much. :lol::lol::lol:

rk1714
09-06-2010, 06:38 PM
I had no idea what caused my son to flip but the same car , 520, hit me every time I was near him! The car looked much worse than it really is.He is a little sore today but he will be alright. We`ll have the car back together and on the track Sunday at Big Diamond and we`ll be at the next NEETS race hopefully with better results for the 4K.

Danger83Ranger
09-06-2010, 06:40 PM
my dad signaled to me that a car flipped when we were under the red flag but I did not see or hear anything else about the incident. im glad he is ok, glad you guys will be back, flipping a car usually results in junk yard cash.

NeetsSpectator
09-06-2010, 06:50 PM
I had no idea what caused my son to flip

You must have told him to "Go fast and turn left".
If he had turned right just a little bit, he may have avoided the wreck.
JMO

Video to come shortly.

Danger83Ranger
09-06-2010, 07:30 PM
the camera in my truck was off again when I looked at it after the race. maybe the battery?

NeetsSpectator
09-06-2010, 07:52 PM
the camera in my truck was off again when I looked at it after the race. maybe the battery?

Don't know. Batteries test good.
Every camera has it's issues except for the original "Critter Cam".
That one works good. Ray had it this time.

Erin C
09-06-2010, 08:27 PM
Also, lots of complaints about the very long wait time for the small car race to start, no speedstrs and we still didnt get to the track till normal time. In the words of Jack, just my 2 cents.

The wait was due to not having track caution lights, it was a safety issue and the race only started 10 minutes late...

Erin C
09-06-2010, 08:46 PM
oh, that and it was supposed to be a 2pm start...next 2 races are the 1pm starts...

mcstockcar
09-06-2010, 08:55 PM
The sooner the better, the next race I gots to boogity out of there ASAP because of my 20th HS reunion at 7pm...... Cuttin it close!

Danger83Ranger
09-06-2010, 09:03 PM
The wait was due to not having track caution lights, it was a safety issue and the race only started 10 minutes late...

the track lights? thats not what we were all upset with, it was the 2 hours after registration was closed till we were finally called for lineups. just curious why it was a 2 oclock start time when registration and tech closed 2 hours before hand. the neets events get stretched out tremendously

Erin C
09-07-2010, 02:08 PM
That is because the office people (Cindy and myself) are stretched out very thin and have a lot of prep work that can only be done after the registrations are in...getting everyone in and registered early helps us out and it does give others time to make sure their car is up to par...how many times have people not been able to start their car at the track and can't make it out and rush to get it running only to have a crappy finish? This gives everyone time to do what they need to do to have a smooth running race...we didn't know about the track lights until a few minutes before the race but were working on the scoreboard for 30 minutes before that...its little stuff that goes wrong that we need to be prepared to handle and can't do it by closing registrations at 1, having the drivers meeting at 1:15 and starting by 2...there is just no way that all the "Behind the scenes" stuff can get done.

Trav90
09-07-2010, 02:14 PM
Russ and Justen Congrats on your WINS!!!! Glad to hear you kids alright Russ! See everybody on the 2nd!

Danger83Ranger
09-07-2010, 02:35 PM
joe made it very clear that we had to be registered and through tech by 12. what happened on that part? please explain

http://www.racerhub.com/forum/showthread.php?22096-At-the-next-event.....

NeetsSpectator
09-07-2010, 02:38 PM
...we didn't know about the track lights until a few minutes before the race but were working on the scoreboard for 30 minutes before that...

It was you that pointed out that there were wires sparking over top of the flaggers stand at the August Enduro. I wonder if that is what caused the lights to not work.

I hope someone has looked into that sparking issue.

Danger83Ranger
09-07-2010, 02:41 PM
sparking wire? wow, thats not good. grandview needs some massive updating

Erin C
09-07-2010, 02:54 PM
There was no one who showed up late who had not made arrangements with us ahead of time, people got stuck, people broke down, all called and had logical excuses...plain and simple...no use going through the FEW that showed up late in comparison to every other ones...there was only 1 person who showed up just in the nick of time that didn't give us a warning and almost got charged extra because of it, but because they made it in the nick of time nothing was done. This is all I have to say on the topic, if you have any pressing issues or have any constructive criticism on how you think this should be handled feel free to email me...I don't like discussing my work publicly but anyone can ask me anything privately and I will give you the best explanation I can give on why we do things this way or that...I don't like doing it publicly only because sometimes people will misinterpret things and it ends up blowing up in our face...

Erin C
09-07-2010, 02:55 PM
And yeah, last race there were sparking wires, but that's not what caused the scoreboard and lights not to work, all the breakers in the box on the infield weren't turned on and we were looking in the tower for the problem...as soon as we got Kenny involved it was fixed...but before that Me, Joe, Cindy, Mark Garman, Gary, and Tommy were banging our heads trying to find the problem...

Philter39
09-07-2010, 04:42 PM
Getting to the track early gives you plenty of BS time. That is half the fun of racing talking with the other drivers or as Erin put it time to work on your race car. Some cars are there b4 9 am each race. phil

Danger83Ranger
09-07-2010, 06:53 PM
o ok. I will be showing up at 1245 the next event than. That way I dont have to stick the kids on my mother for an extra 2 hours. she will enjoy those 2 hours, :lol:

Erin C
09-07-2010, 09:12 PM
As long as you are there on time, I am happy...and you were later than normal Mike! LOL I think I even said that to you when you came in...I know I said it to Joe at one point "Where is Mike Ramsey?!?! He's usually here by now!!"

Danger83Ranger
09-07-2010, 11:17 PM
haha yeah, I think we pulled in at about 11:15 or so. ive been dealing with strept throat for the past week so ive been moving slowly on things. Saturday night I had a hefty fever and a hoarse voice. sundays dayquil managed to keep me going, even through the raging sounds at the coalcracker 100 sunday night. right now, I have NO voice at all. It sucks. but hey, thats life.

CJfilms
09-08-2010, 02:44 PM
Running late....

I can understand a few drivers hitting traffic or having engine trouble getting to the track...

BUT REMEMBER...

You can get there at 1:59 PM....I DON'T CARE!!!!! When our tech officials are swamped with cars getting there late and DON'T inspect your car...don't blame us.

When you get there so late that our officials have to leave their posts to do a safety inspection....don't complain when things are missed on-track....

As Phil said, take the time to talk to other drivers, get input and advice...make friends!

Getting to class just before the bell rings isn't going to get you to the top of the class, it's just going to take up your time. (In racing terms: Arriving late to the track may get you on the track for the show, but it isn't going to help you win races.)

NEXT EVENT STARTS AT 1PM!!!!!! Driver's meeting at 12:00, line-ups after that....registration and tech will obviously END before the driver's meeting........don't arrive at 11:49 AM and say you made it on time....Pits open at 8 AM for a reason....

Thanks Tim Pauch, Justen Steigerwalt and Carl Ruppert, Big Daddy and his crew (not this past time :-B ), used to be Critter :angel: , Travis Schwenk and Bill Nickerson.....these guys are usually beating us to the track and Erin and I get there at 7:45 AM....Jerry Arms, Phil Levering (dropping off car #1), Jack Zeilsdorf and puppy farts, The Daigneaults and Pete Wharton are also some of the earlier arrivals....which is a BIG help to us!

The reason Tech does not open at 8 AM too is because we have to wait for XX drivers to get there before sending Rick over to the tech area to be by himself all day....

Trav90
09-08-2010, 04:24 PM
T-Rav will be there on October 2nd real early and ready to race! It's going to be a good day!!! Can't Wait!