PDA

View Full Version : Pete Brittain & Tom Flanagan @ MVS

Modifiedthunder
09-05-2010, 07:56 PM
Take a look at this from last nights race at Mahoning Valley Speedway there was a disagreement between Tom Flanagan and Pete Brittain and then what happened. Thank god he was not hurt!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GP62m7wGqrg

Modifiedthunder
09-05-2010, 08:17 PM
Just a FYI Brittain is driving the race car Flanagan is the driver being thrown off.

Jaws
09-05-2010, 10:59 PM
Lucky he didn't run him over and hurt him badly or worse!

Stupid.

Howie
09-05-2010, 11:09 PM
Did that happen during a heat? According to the feature finish last night (per a track press release on PoconoThunder.net) this was the finish. Apparently they saw nothing wrong with what Brittain did. Pretty sad.

Modified Feature Finish, 35 Laps: 1.Eric Beers 2.Tyler Haydt 3.Lonnie Behler 4.Don Wagner 5.Joe Mooney 6.Chip Santee 7.John Bennett 8.Lou Strohl 9.Pete Brittain 10.Brian Romig 11.Jarrd Nace 12.Matt Higgins 13.Stacey Brown 14.Johnny Udes 15.Rick Reichenbach 16.Chris Hamilton 17.Harry Schaefer 18.Rob Schultz 19.Rick Kirkendall 20.Troy Bollinger 21.Terry Markovic
Did not start: Anthony Sesely
Did not qualify: Tom Flanagan, Andy Szapacs, Matt Wentz

Modifiedthunder
09-06-2010, 12:05 AM
Howie yes it was in the heat race Brittain dives to the inside to pass Flanagan and there was contact and Flanagan hit the wall then that's when this happened and your right the track did nothing to Pete he started the feature.:confused:

uticamike
09-06-2010, 09:40 AM
I think it's outrageous that Brittian was allowed to race the feature. If I were the race director down there he'd a been gonzo ln a heartbeat. Flanagan did nothing
to warrant getting "a ride" like that. Yeah, he was ticked but he took his helmet off
and simply pointed to Pete as to say> Hey!! I want a word with you!!!. Heat of the moment type stuff. We've all seen it but what Brittian did was just WAY over the top. The crap that has slowly seeped into racing in recent years is a real concern of mine. That is why shows like Madhouse while entertaining (to some) are really bad in the long run for racing. It comes from a general lack of respect that permeates
from society at large. I'll not go down that road here as I could type for an hour but..... this stuff needs to stop. If you think I'm over reacting consider this. Suppose Flanagan cracks his head open on the track. You think that might make
the national news? There's your precious Modifieds on TV. That would benefit whom? The tracks have the ball in their court. It's time to just end this crap.

Goldy
09-06-2010, 10:03 AM
..that is just sick.. he could have been hurt really bad.. big thumbs down to the track for letting him race..

Is this how he got his name Pistol Pete?

Teds Race Tours
09-06-2010, 10:55 AM
The track should be embarrassed for letting him race in the feature and for not suspending him on the spot. he should have been arrested. That was amongst the stupidest and most dangerous things I have ever seen.

Howie
09-06-2010, 11:14 AM
It is like someone said about the incident at Thompson. If that had happened outside a bar, they'd (he'd) be in jail now. The track should be embarrassed and his sponsor emblazoned in large letters on the side of his car for years (and a well respected name in racing) should be too.

Modifiedthunder
09-06-2010, 11:23 AM
I also can not believe that Doug and Gena Hoffman did nothing to Pete and allowed him to race in the feature!!!:disgusted:disgusted:disgusted

I understand that drivers get mad at each other for different reasons on and off the track but this WAS WAY OVER THE LINE what Pete did to Tom!!!

Found this on SJDR message board

"Mahoning Valley Police were there, interviewed both drivers, took statements, then took them to HQ and Brittian was allowed to race in feature but not Flanagan"

MXCHAMP04
09-06-2010, 07:27 PM
WOW. I just saw that. All I can say is, MR. Brittain, you are a disgrace to racers. Hang up your suit.

Modifiedthunder
09-06-2010, 09:27 PM
Found this on SJDR message board

"Mahoning Valley Police were there, interviewed both drivers, took statements, then took them to HQ and Brittian was allowed to race in feature but not Flanagan"

I found out the reason Tom did not run in the feature is because the car was crashed to bad.

hollywoodmic
09-08-2010, 05:55 PM
I say if Tom stays by his car as he is supposed to he never ends up on the hood of Brittian's car. Saying he used his car as weapon would have been if he dove into him and ran him over. You want to be the as*hole that jumps on the hood..........hang on for the ride. Take care of it in the pits, in the parking lot or on the racetrack next week. The 87 put HIMSELF in danger. I blame him. If some lunatic jumped on your car in a road rage incident would you just sit there??? You'd probably drive away, just like Brittian did.

MXCHAMP04
09-08-2010, 06:25 PM
I say if Tom stays by his car as he is supposed to he never ends up on the hood of Brittian's car. Saying he used his car as weapon would have been if he dove into him and ran him over. You want to be the as*hole that jumps on the hood..........hang on for the ride. Take care of it in the pits, in the parking lot or on the racetrack next week. The 87 put HIMSELF in danger. I blame him. If some lunatic jumped on your car in a road rage incident would you just sit there??? You'd probably drive away, just like Brittian did.

He was in the position of safety, and the other guy was not. This could have ended tragically, and if you can't see that, then shame on you too. IMO, he should be banned for life at that track, and the guy on the hood should be banned for a year.

hollywoodmic
09-08-2010, 06:38 PM
No shame on me!!!!!! Shame on the guy that jumped on the car. I wouldn't jump in front of a train and then blame the conducter for running me over. I'm not saying that what Brittain did wasn't nuts. I'm saying the guy who JUMPED on the car put himself in that position. If he stays by his car, we have no video to watch. THERE IS NO DANGER IF HE DOESN'T JUMP ON THE HOOD. This isn't a fu*king playground, these are powerful race cars. If you want to be the hero and jump on top of the hood than deal with the consequence.

Go punch Pete in the face for wrecking you, putting your life in danger........ no one did that but you. That is my point. "Tom" put himself in the position of danger so he is just as guilty. JMHO

MXCHAMP04
09-08-2010, 07:20 PM
No shame on me!!!!!! Shame on the guy that jumped on the car. I wouldn't jump in front of a train and then blame the conducter for running me over. I'm not saying that what Brittain did wasn't nuts. I'm saying the guy who JUMPED on the car put himself in that position. If he stays by his car, we have no video to watch. THERE IS NO DANGER IF HE DOESN'T JUMP ON THE HOOD. This isn't a fu*king playground, these are powerful race cars. If you want to be the hero and jump on top of the hood than deal with the consequence.

Go punch Pete in the face for wrecking you, putting your life in danger........ no one did that but you. That is my point. "Tom" put himself in the position of danger so he is just as guilty. JMHOThe guy acted dumb, no doubt about it. But when you're in the car, you sit there and wait for the race officials to come get him off the car. If this had ended in a death, I guarantee you that that Mr. Brittain would have been charged with a crime.

Goldy
09-08-2010, 07:23 PM
.. i don't know... it doesn't look like he jumps on the hood too me.. the car kept rolling and thrust him forward.. that's what I see anyway..

MXCHAMP04
09-08-2010, 07:30 PM
.. i don't know... it doesn't look like he jumps on the hood too me.. the car kept rolling and thrust him forward.. that's what I see anyway..I agree with you 100%. He stood in front of the car, and he rolled the car towards him. He jumped on the hood instead of out of the way which was dumb. But that does not matter. Brittain was in the car and safe and the guy was on the hood. He got pissed and hit the gas, and that is completely wrong. I'm failing to see why there's even a discussion to dispute this.

Modifiedthunder
09-08-2010, 08:38 PM

Two things that I will agree with you on is yes Tom put himself in danger but watch it again he didn't JUMP on Pete's car he never stop Tom had no choice but to go on the hood or get run over there is a difference here this time the as*hole was the one behind the wheel. Second one is Tom should have just walked off then later in the pits walked up punch him in the mouth done over with!!!:cool:

ALSO Taken off the MVS Facebook page- is a list of drivers that are not allowed to race at Mahoning Valley Speedway until further notice:
Doug Bell
Tommy Flanagan
Brian Correll
Barry Christman Sr

hollywoodmic
09-08-2010, 10:23 PM
My main point is...........nothing happens if the guy doesn't approach a moving race car.

If you saw a fire and walked into it, you are the reason you got burnt.

My point again, though I do not condone what Brittian did, but if he would have stayed with his car or walked off the track we would not be having this discussion. That's all I'm trying to say. I've seen plenty of brawls in the pits where no ones life was in danger. This guy put his own life in danger, I fail to see why we are not getting this. This point shouldn't be up for debate, go in the pits everyone on the track is safe.........end of story.

nflobster
09-08-2010, 10:51 PM
brittian is still wrong for what he did like it or not. he should in no way been allowed to race after that incident. there is a line and he crossed it. he could of easily stopped being he was at a crawl than nail the gas. thats where he is wrong.

Howie
09-08-2010, 10:58 PM
Logic (if there is any in this story), would tell me if someone is standing in front of a car (right or wrong, smart or stupid) you stop the car. You don't keep moving until you hit them knocking them onto the car then gun it (to try and hurt them) then try and hurt them again by slamming on the brakes. I don't see how anyone can defend that, under any circumstance. Stop the car and there would be no discussion here either. Have you never seen a driver walk over to another car after an accident pointing fingers before? Yup many times, this is the only one I've seen end like this.

uticamike
09-09-2010, 12:02 AM
Your all wet here Hollywood. Here is an example of some one jumping on another car. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OpWmm9hznFA Tom didn't jump on anything. Pete hit him and forced him down on the air cleaner/hood. Go watch the video again. I agree Tom's move was not the smartest (anger and clear thinking rarely walk together) but Pete had TOTAL control in this situation and he DID lose it. He needs to get parked a good long time IMO.

KChez
09-09-2010, 07:54 AM
The story about the incident in this week's Area Auto, Brittan claims that Flanagan grabbed the throttle linkage at the carb while maybe trying to do something to the car, (pulling plug wires, maybe?) and that's why the car took off. What really happened, only the two drivers involved know for sure. Point fingers all you want on the track, but save the confrontation for when you can be face to face.

Howie
09-09-2010, 09:22 AM
The story about the incident in this week's Area Auto, Brittan claims that Flanagan grabbed the throttle linkage at the carb while maybe trying to do something to the car, (pulling plug wires, maybe?) and that's why the car took off. What really happened, only the two drivers involved know for sure. Point fingers all you want on the track, but save the confrontation for when you can be face to face.

That's funny, it looks like his hands were on the roof of the car when it sped up. If he grabbed anything it was probably to try and keep from falling off? Who knows, and really do we care anymore? Neither was right and neither will admit to being wrong. We've all learned from their stupid actions, I hope.

MXCHAMP04
09-09-2010, 10:24 AM
The story about the incident in this week's Area Auto, Brittan claims that Flanagan grabbed the throttle linkage at the carb while maybe trying to do something to the car, (pulling plug wires, maybe?) and that's why the car took off. What really happened, only the two drivers involved know for sure. Point fingers all you want on the track, but save the confrontation for when you can be face to face. That has to be the biggest joke of a story I have ever heard. More indication that Mr. Brittain is a real POS in my opinion. If I was running that track, he would be banned for life.

hollywoodmic
09-09-2010, 11:29 PM
Please read my posts, I never said I condoned what Pete Britian did. I think it's nuts. I think he deserves whatever punishment he gets. My point again is if he doesn't put himself in that position there is no debate here. That is what I am saying.

Brian 21
09-10-2010, 01:12 PM
I don't care who started what, who walked where or who said what. There is absolutley no justifiable moral reason for doing what Pete did. None what so ever. If anything he should be banned from racing anywhere and have his NASCAR liscense revoked for life. But I would really like to see him put in jail...:mad::mad::mad:

art11758
09-16-2010, 01:28 PM
Your all wet here Hollywood. Here is an example of some one jumping on another car. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OpWmm9hznFA Tom didn't jump on anything. Pete hit him and forced him down on the air cleaner/hood. Go watch the video again. I agree Tom's move was not the smartest (anger and clear thinking rarely walk together) but Pete had TOTAL control in this situation and he DID lose it. He needs to get parked a good long time IMO.

So that's Madhouse? Thanks for the share, but I'm really glad I've never seen it 'til now.

rumrunner
09-17-2010, 08:46 AM
I actually thought that the car briefly came to a stop then Pete bumped the driver causing him to fall on the HOT Brake assembly. If I would have fallen onto those hot parts I would have been looking for the easiest and nearby escape which was the flat part of the hood.

The grabbing the throttle story is BS. Pete could have pushed the clutch in and shut it off alot earlier than that.