PDA

View Full Version : Small car flip

NeetsSpectator
09-06-2010, 09:29 PM
The video that everyone has been waiting to see.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DclIhM_AdQM

Danger83Ranger
09-06-2010, 11:06 PM
lol naturally, the other car the everyone always complains about caused it.

glad hes ok

steve93lm
09-08-2010, 07:55 AM
Did anyone else notice the orange 17 car pick up a few extra spots there!!!!!! They put me and Steve Wilson down 1 lap for supposedly doing that. Now its on video!!!

steve93lm
09-08-2010, 07:59 AM
I do understand he was worried about the kid that flipped but when he saw he was ok he should have been put back about a 100 yards or so. Probably more because quite a few people tell me that he made a lot of space up on all the other red flags also.

Erin C
09-08-2010, 09:02 AM
Check your PM's, Steve...I answered your question as best as I could.

Danger83Ranger
09-08-2010, 11:39 AM
ya know, im not gonna lie...sometimes I do stretch a red flag longer than I should. mainly because I dont wanna get rear ended. but this race, every single red flag, I had at least 1 car pass me after I was just about to my stop. im constantly looking over my shoulders to see who is around me, and these cars are usually at a good distance back when that red comes out. i never hear anything on the radio about moving them backwards, but are they being subtracted a lap?

Erin C
09-08-2010, 12:01 PM
those who we catch blatantly moving under red are and have always been getting a lap penalty...this is in the rules and said in the drivers meeting and yelled over the radios, it is in no way a threat to scare people, it is enforced to the best of our ability, we don't see everything but we do see a lot...we can tell when someone is trying to make up some ground and when someone is actively trying to stop safely. I try to tell the person privately and in person so as not to out them in front of other people.

Danger83Ranger
09-08-2010, 01:50 PM
thats a good way to do it, just subtract a lap from them.

AK17
09-08-2010, 08:34 PM
thats a good way to do it, just subtract a lap from them.

I think there is a better way than to penalize a driver a lap for rolling under red. This penalty was put in place back when scanners were not required but now that all drivers are required to have a scanner, we should be able to receive a command to "back-up" to where the spotter tells you to go. If you have to be told more than once during the race, then you get the 1 lap penalty. And before anyone says it will take too much time, it shouldn't take more than 30 seconds to move a couple of cars.
The worst thing about the way it is now is that you can get the penalty and not know it until the end of the race.
I know the 09 and 15 cars pitted during the race so that probably took away their chance of winning but it would really suck if either of them had a win taken away because of the penalty, 1 lap is too severe in my opinion especialy when you consider that in many cases moving a little too far is unintentional.
Anyway, maybe we can bring this up at the next rules meeting.

Poppop
09-08-2010, 08:47 PM
:lol:I wish I'd rolled into the infield, but I didn't know it was going to stall and not start again.:cheers:

Poppop

AK17
09-08-2010, 09:29 PM
:lol:I wish I'd rolled into the infield, but I didn't know it was going to stall and not start again.:cheers:

Poppop

At least you knew enough to put the car in neutral and turn the wheel to the left so you got away with only getting hit once. But once was enough, you got pretty banged up. Hope you get the 47 back together pop-pop.

spotts2s
09-09-2010, 09:19 AM
its hard to move someone back a few hundred yards . an the 15 and the 09/93 have both lost wins because of this 1 lap deal thats why they get pissed when someone else gets away with it ! if it is always "nobody seen it happen" then maybe we need more eyes lookin, if it is always a problem . as for the 17 well he was caught cheatin last year an let go (different offset wheels) so maybe some people are just special. they didnt like his driving at big diamond an they put him in the wall so hard the front tires were in the firewall , they might learn when they destroy another car.

rk1714
09-09-2010, 04:53 PM
its hard to move someone back a few hundred yards . an the 15 and the 09/93 have both lost wins because of this 1 lap deal thats why they get pissed when someone else gets away with it ! if it is always "nobody seen it happen" then maybe we need more eyes lookin, if it is always a problem . as for the 17 well he was caught cheatin last year an let go (different offset wheels) so maybe some people are just special. they didnt like his driving at big diamond an they put him in the wall so hard the front tires were in the firewall , they might learn when they destroy another car.
Man , where to start!!!!! I agree with Steve when I moved in front of him was wrong. For you spotts2s , YOU DON`T KNOW ME, I DON`T CARE TO KNOW YOU . FOR THE BIG DIAMOND INCIDENT, YOU HAVE NO CLUE WHAT HAPPENED! DO YOU RACE IN THIS CLASS? I TRY TO RACE EVERYBODY AS I WANT TO BE RACED. Last time I raced at Grandview I was spun out by the third place car, I finished fourth. I didn`t say a word, that`s racing! Came back this race , had a good race with NO PROBLEMS. Wasn`t the fastest car but because of our good fortune of having no problems , came away with the win! Can`t believe the way people analize the race as what should`ve or could`ve been the results. We will have our cars at the next race , see everybody then.

Trav90
09-09-2010, 05:33 PM
Some people worry about the little things! Aren't we racing out there to have Fun? Congrats Russ on your WIN! Wish I could have been there!

gutter7
09-09-2010, 08:21 PM
"Aren't we racing out there to have Fun?" Nope, No, not at all, uhah.
And I have noticed when you stand up at the pit gate you will notice the cars still movin without question.
And when you're a competiter,"I try to tell the person privately and in person so as not to out them in front of other people." comes across as shadey. If a promoter is not willing to out a cheater with thier proper label, then the rumors fly. JMO from being around racing since the Bible was printed.

Philter39
09-10-2010, 04:55 PM
I slow down for reds and keep same spacing with car/s in front of me.It is not hard to do at all. If a car passes me after the red I go back by them. Last race I passed a few cars high in turn 3/4 after red and I then backed up behind them to be where I should have been. If my son would have flipped a car I would have driven over to be sure he was okay. phil