PDA

View Full Version : upcoming demo

racecar24
09-16-2010, 04:06 PM
does anyone know how many cars there will be for the championship demo? anyone know exactly or a range? I would like information thanx.

irish mike 317
09-17-2010, 08:24 AM
I am going to take a stab at it i think a whopping 17 cars. With the new rules a lot of people are staying home. Your not gonna see primmy,cuz,me,mad mike smith,his brother tim hammer smith,big mack, his son kenny and danny from nc and who knows if eugune will waste his time to come from fl.

unowho243
09-17-2010, 10:08 AM
Yeah the new rules kinda blow.... demos in most other places let you do what ever you like to the cars... look at them crown vics with the cages around em..... they are a dime a dozen down south in demos

killa54
09-17-2010, 05:21 PM
i counted 22, but that included mack, his son & irish mike. if they're not comin, do the math. i didnt count the guys from mass. i heard they like the new rules & might come out, fingers crossed, the more, the merrier. good luck 2 all that participate!

LetItShine
09-17-2010, 10:03 PM
It would be nice to see a good car count there. 17+!! good luck too all!

Gravel
09-17-2010, 11:21 PM
I'm going to guess 20-25 cars. Lots of guys like the rules. Less work. You actually have a chance. If you can drive, you got a shot. Tracks upstate are going 80 and newer. Lebanon Valley, no welding whatsoever. I never liked welding. Any good welder can build a killer car. A demo driver drives a demo car. And unowho, if the demos here are lame, go to Pa where the same guys win race after race. No new guys come out. 10-12 cars. All used up. Thats a demo??? Why should they waste their time. I know I wouldn't. Apparently, we all have different opinions. If you don't like the rules at one track, go somewhere else. I've been to tracks all over the Northeast. Out of all of them, I like Woodbooger Productions the best. Mass. J&M Productions are a close second, only because with the stock gas tanks, safety becomes an issue. You go by the rules of the track. These are the rules. Simple. If you want to race here, obey our rules. Want to build a piece of armor, go to a track that allows that. Irishmike, you know me the best. I'm not getting between you and Killa54. But the bickering between you two is getting old. Let me ask you this. The time you got hurt, if the other car wasn't a tank, do you think you still would've gotten hurt that bad? Whether his Dad is inspector or not. The rules are the rules. I started going out of state because of the reinforcing crap. Unowho, in 31 years of demoing, I don't ever remember racing against you. Maybe I'm wrong. That's been known to happen. Most guys want to have fun. That's what this is all about. The welding and reinforcing ruins it. So said everyone who came out the 1 time, raced against Primmy, then quit. And that is my opinion. Everyone here I still consider my friend. Good luck to everyone tomorrow.:wave:

irish mike 317
09-18-2010, 08:49 AM
Gravel, Yes i think i would have for the fact that the car didnt have a seat belt. Anyone that gets hit in the passenger door is gonna go that direction. It was my own fault just couldnt hold the steering wheel tight enough and ended up on the other side of the car. So i dont think it would have made a difference if it was a welded up battleship or a piece of crap. Just didnt see it coming.

racecar24
09-18-2010, 11:38 AM
hey killa where did you count 22 from

killa54
09-18-2010, 11:42 AM
hey killa where did you count 22 from

from talking 2 different drivers. if u count the regulars and then the guys who come 4 this race every year, thats the number i got.