PDA

View Full Version : What Happened to TC at Loudon? How was the race?

Axel
09-19-2010, 02:04 PM
I didn't get a chance to watch or live the race via Denise;s updates. What happened to TC. There press release just said "early accident." and it did not mention it in Polly's article.

How was the race overall? Just trying to get a feel for the race overall too.

RGeeProductions
09-19-2010, 02:16 PM
Caution lap 38 on the restart Jimmy Blewett spun Ed Flemke and caused major mayhem to the cars behind them

Cars that were involved were - Justin Bonsignore, TC, Mike Christopher, Jamie Tomaino, Kevin Goodale.

The right front tire was just torn right off the car of Jamie Tomaino as he hit the #36 car of TC

When we go green - 3,2, 16, 7, 58, 14, 4, 98, 76, 12, 6, 39, 52, 8, 17, 59, 28, 46, 05, 26, 90, 18, 33, 38, 79

Cars towed into garage area- 91, 36, 99, 50, 36
Car that pulled on their own - 82

Alex, Ryan pretty much SMOKED the field.
Once Ryan was in front, all racing was behind him!
You can still view the LIVE coverage (http://www.thechromehorn.com/news/2010/features/liveupdate/091810_WMT.htm) Replay.

RGeeProductions
09-19-2010, 05:33 PM
Alex, good news..
The F.W. Webb 100, which aired live on SPEED, will re-air Thursday, Oct. 14 at 6 p.m. on SPEED.
I didn't see the TV version myself...

LAP66
09-19-2010, 06:18 PM
As the numerous replays showed, Jimmy Blewett got loose and hit the 10......certainly nothing intentional.

Howie
09-19-2010, 06:18 PM
Alex, good news..
The F.W. Webb 100, which aired live on SPEED, will re-air Thursday, Oct. 14 at 6 p.m. on SPEED.
I didn't see the TV version myself...

The TV version is excellent! Many TV cameras in use and great job in the booth by Mike Joy and Dick Berggren and in the pits by Bob Dillner. Don't miss it.

I have a sequence of the incident starting with the initial contact by Jimmy. Unfortunately the contact when Jamie hit TC was blocked by other photographers. Check out the gallery when I'm able to put it up.

and...I agree with LAP66.

LAP66
09-19-2010, 06:30 PM
Thanks Howie ;)

Magicshoes12
09-20-2010, 07:13 AM
As the numerous replays showed, Jimmy Blewett got loose and hit the 10......certainly nothing intentional.

being there it looked like showtime just drove into the back of him...we were telling him to hit the pace car!! LOL He hit everything on the track and we just wanted him to be perfect LOL!! Just from where I was sitting if he got loose he must have punched it and drove into flemke. Eddie was having a good solid run too...first time in a long time, but thats racing boys!!

Brian Hawks
09-20-2010, 02:34 PM
Besides the 10.. What else did Jimmy hit?

BigMac
09-20-2010, 02:55 PM

Intentional or not he destroyed a lot of cars.

Axel
09-20-2010, 03:22 PM
thanks or the update gang. It was good to figure all of that out.

Was it a good race? CLassic Loudon mod race or just so-so? Even so-so there is better than most races (modified or fendered) at other places. Just sayin.

BChat
09-20-2010, 03:26 PM

True, but I think "intentional", or "not intentional" makes a whole world of difference. Sure looked like one of them racin' deals to me.

Brian Hawks
09-20-2010, 03:38 PM

So did a few others.. but no one on here ever wants to talk about that. Cm'on now..

BigMac
09-20-2010, 05:47 PM
You re 100% correct. The 2 gets sent to the back for a pit road penalty?? The 3 takes out the 4, Newman wins another race, a crazy close point race and we've already covered the 14's deal. Beyond that, not much to talk about.

MJProcko
09-20-2010, 06:06 PM
those wrecks did happen but Jimmy was a wreck waiting to happen... again. More than once he bounced off cars coming down the straights. A few times he dove in and just slid the car up and if guys like Santos didn't let off they would have wrecked. Some people never learn.

Brian Hawks
09-21-2010, 01:08 PM
those wrecks did happen but Jimmy was a wreck waiting to happen... again. More than once he bounced off cars coming down the straights. A few times he dove in and just slid the car up and if guys like Santos didn't let off they would have wrecked. Some people never learn.

A wreck waiting to happen.. that finished P2.. Cm'on now..

Who doesn't use that "slide job" move at NHIS? Everyone cried on here last year when Donny Lia was winning races with it.

What ever happend to racing.. a little rubbin.. Shesh.. Well, just depends on who ya are when ya strap in I guess.

MJProcko
09-21-2010, 02:23 PM
A wreck waiting to happen.. that finished P2.. Cm'on now..

Who doesn't use that "slide job" move at NHIS? Everyone cried on here last year when Donny Lia was winning races with it.

What ever happend to racing.. a little rubbin.. Shesh.. Well, just depends on who ya are when ya strap in I guess.

I don't know, ask Mike or Ted Christopher, Tomaino, Flemke, Goodale or Savary about Jimmy and a "lil' rubbin'".... driving over your head and using the other cars to keep you on the track ain't racing.

Then the one time you want to see him use the slide job on the last lap against Newman (so someone other than the two of them will win.. lol ) he chickens out.

Brian Hawks
09-21-2010, 03:47 PM
Jimmy got loose.. and got into the 10. In racing.. stuff DOES happen.

I personally like Jamie, but to plan Jimmy for that mess. Ted was spun out with very little damage and Jamie cut through the grass at a high rate of speed a trashed both cars. He even admiitted to looking to go down pit road. To me.. was the wrong move.. but there again.. Stuff happens.

Chickens out? Cm'on.. He drove it in there and Newman had a better car.

I simply asked WHO ELSE JIMMY hit.. And no one can seem to do it. Mike Joy making his smart remarks on live TV are even worse.

And there again. It's always Jimmy Blewett on here.. as it was Donny Lia last year. (And Ted Christopher, Most of the time) These guys get up on the wheel and pass cars and make a show exciting and your always gonna bash them. But let one of your favorites make a mistake on the track and oh.. it happens.

Ya know... another innocent guy and point contenders car were trashed to. But no one flaps out about that on here.. cause it was "an accident"

PitGirl35
09-21-2010, 04:29 PM

I personally like Jamie, but to plan Jimmy for that mess. Ted was spun out with very little damage and Jamie cut through the grass at a high rate of speed a trashed both cars. He even admiitted to looking to go down pit road. To me.. was the wrong move.. but there again.. Stuff happens.

I simply asked WHO ELSE JIMMY hit.. And no one can seem to do it. Mike Joy making his smart remarks on live TV are even worse.

And there again. It's always Jimmy Blewett on here.. as it was Donny Lia last year. (And Ted Christopher, Most of the time) These guys get up on the wheel and pass cars and make a show exciting and your always gonna bash them. But let one of your favorites make a mistake on the track and oh.. it happens.

Ya know... another innocent guy and point contenders car were trashed to. But no one flaps out about that on here.. cause it was "an accident"

No, it was no accident, it was just Preece driving like a fool and junking the 4 because he thought "he was going to win the race". But, I guess when you go into a race having nothing to lose, why not drive like that. But, people will just act like it didn't happen because most people like Preece and they don't want to think he did anything wrong.

limodmaniac
09-21-2010, 04:53 PM
Some people are blasted more often because of the same kind of driving repeated over and over. Others are cut some slack because sometimes things go wrong, but they don't seem to go wrong quite as often.Sounds pretty fair I think. Personally, I just try to stay away from the drama of putting blame on someone. And hopefully, a driver who makes a mistake learns from it and doesn't keep repeating it over and over again. I know if I were racing, I'd be making alot more mistakes then what I see out there. Of course I'd be going a lot slower so maybe not!

BigMac
09-21-2010, 04:58 PM
Lap 16 Jimmy "rubbed" the 4 out of the way. They even did a slow motion replay.

Brian Hawks
09-21-2010, 10:29 PM
Lap 16 Jimmy "rubbed" the 4 out of the way. They even did a slow motion replay.

And RUBBIN is RACING...

Brian Hawks
09-21-2010, 10:30 PM
No, it was no accident, it was just Preece driving like a fool and junking the 4 because he thought "he was going to win the race". But, I guess when you go into a race having nothing to lose, why not drive like that. But, people will just act like it didn't happen because most people like Preece and they don't want to think he did anything wrong.

100 % my point on here. What is wrong for one should be wrong for all.

fastbackss
09-21-2010, 10:43 PM
And RUBBIN is RACING...

Alright, we get your point already. You obviously replied to this thread with an agenda (hence the original question to get the reply you desired) and have continued to harp on it.

Gil
09-21-2010, 10:55 PM
Bring back Reggie!!!

MOD JUNKIE
09-22-2010, 09:13 AM

Damn Brian, Jamie tried to avoid the accident and is one of the cleanest drivers on the tour. At that place on the track with all the cars sideways he made a split second decision to avoid contact and it didn't work out well for him or TC. Just a racin split second decision that didn't work out.

Brian Hawks
09-22-2010, 10:23 AM
Damn Brian, Jamie tried to avoid the accident and is one of the cleanest drivers on the tour. At that place on the track with all the cars sideways he made a split second decision to avoid contact and it didn't work out well for him or TC. Just a racin split second decision that didn't work out.

I ain't knocking Jamie. I'm trying to make a point. As I said.. "stuff happens" It's racing. No one is ever gonna be perfect. But these guys on here beat up on a few people week in and week out because they put on a show. I'll admit Jimmy doesn't mind throwing the bumper to anyone.. he's aggresive.. but it's fun to watch and it wins races. And it's not just Blewett I'm taking up for

MJProcko
09-22-2010, 12:43 PM
I wish I didn't delete it, I would tell you the other cars he got into the side of... on the front stretch! Can't blame that on loose. Go back and look at the wreck he caused, he gets into Flemke, gets him sideways and instead of backing out to let him get the car back he drives straight through him.

On the last lap, Newman's spotter must have been watching the 14 as Newman was about 3 lanes higher than normal so that Blewitt couldn't get into him. I guess that's why he's in the big leagues.

Goldy
09-22-2010, 01:20 PM
Stuff happens – indeed it does - and all teams have been on both ends right? Yes, I’m sure they have..

.. my issue here is – when stuff like this happens, especially at lap 37 – I thought race control was in the practice of handing out a penalty (regardless if getting into the 10 was intentional or not) – it caused a mess - and careless actions or brain fades should be dealt with by some form of penalty – (for a brief moment in recent time, this was occurring)..

So maybe if Jimmy gets a ‘tail end of the lead lap’ penalty, he winds up taking himself out, much like Todd did by going a bit overboard trying to make up ground? (sorry #2 fans, that’s what I saw)… and yes the #3 also had a brain fade and takes out the #4 – but he didn’t go onto the podium..

Stuff happens – but sometimes it doesn’t have to.

My bonus commentary:
Terms like - “Rubbin is Racin” and…“I got into him, but I didn’t mean to”, and lets see what else?, Oh - “I had to use him up there a bit in the corner”, that’s a good one - and my all time personal favorite “I did what I had to do” are really just bad excuses for lack of driving skill. Pushing cars out of the way with either the front bumper of the right side nerf bar doesn’t take a large amount of skill in my opinion – I figure just about anyone could do that. The ability to place well and win races without having to use any of those modern day, common post race excuses or comments - these are the drivers that really get my respect as a fan – and yes, there are seemingly very few that fall into that category.

I don’t know if it was Newman after the Bristol win? – but somebody recently said “I guess that’s why they put nerf bars on these things” – no, last I knew, using the nerf bar to “use someone up” in the corner is not what they were intended or designed for…

It’s okay – call me some throwback or some unrealistic fan with a skewed point of view – but somewhere along the line, racing has turned into “bumper cars”.. and shoot – I can do that…

RLP
09-22-2010, 01:26 PM
Brian as a long time TC fan & reader of message boards, Ive learned It's better not to respond to these type of posts about your'e favorite driver. Everybody has there opinion, you can't change there minds. It always looks easy from the grandstands. I can assure you Jimmy isn't losing any sleep over it.

BChat
09-22-2010, 01:40 PM
Excellent post Goldy.

Glad I got to watch the Mods in the 60s - their "heyday"

Coastal 181 has a book called BUGSY, written by Bones Bourcier, and in it Bugsy talks about this type of driving. Bugsy knew/knows a thing or 2 about driving a Mod.

I don't want to sound like an ad for Coastal 181, but their books on Richie Evans, Steady Eddie Flemke, and Bugsy are excellent IMO.

MXCHAMP04
09-22-2010, 03:55 PM
And RUBBIN is RACING...Jimmy is always "rubbing" people and drives like a complete idiot sometimes. If you can't see that then you must be sleeping with him. His stupid antics at wall and the turkey derby are proof that he's a moron. I can tell you this though. If he pulled that "rubbing is racing" crap in motocross, when he got to the pits he would get his ass kicked on the spot. But i guess it's ok if you're protected by steel. But guess again, it's not ok, you can get hurt out there.

Brian Hawks
09-22-2010, 04:06 PM
Jimmy is always "rubbing" people and drives like a complete idiot sometimes. If you can't see that then you must be sleeping with him. His stupid antics at wall and the turkey derby are proof that he's a moron. I can tell you this though. If he pulled that "rubbing is racing" crap in motocross, when he got to the pits he would get his ass kicked on the spot. But i guess it's ok if you're protected by steel. But guess again, it's not ok, you can get hurt out there.

Mature response. Classy. LOL. Glad he races car and not motorcylces... Id hate for you to whip his ass.

Gil
09-22-2010, 06:51 PM
No Dick Beauregard or Don Collins? What's up with that?

MOD JUNKIE
09-23-2010, 08:35 AM

I agree, if there was a Bone Head move in that race it has to be the one that the point leader was hammered going into the turn. Rubin IS racin but driving like a idiot and knocking out a points leader in a very tight race is top of the list for stupid moves in the race.

hollywoodmic
09-24-2010, 06:45 AM
I am a Ryan Preece fan. I know a ton of other people on this board are as well.

Last year he was running for a Championship, could you imagine what this board would have looked like if someone took him out like that last season. I think Bobby Santos said it best in his interview about not getting the respect he deserved on that one.

Ryan better realize soon that it's ok to finish 3rd if you can't get to the front without wrecking someone. He just may have costed Bobby Santos his first Championship by a lack of patience and respect. I hope next time he makes a better decesion.

Magicshoes12
09-24-2010, 07:05 AM
I am a Ryan Preece fan. I know a ton of other people on this board are as well.

Last year he was running for a Championship, could you imagine what this board would have looked like if someone took him out like that last season. I think Bobby Santos said it best in his interview about not getting the respect he deserved on that one.

Ryan better realize soon that it's ok to finish 3rd if you can't get to the front without wrecking someone. He just may have costed Bobby Santos his first Championship by a lack of patience and respect. I hope next time he makes a better decesion.

Also in retospec though....Bobby could have moved up and gotten out of the way when he saw preece dive bomb in, The crew told him to points race and i sure if i guy like stefanik saw someone come in, just move up and get out of the way...its tough to say because things happen so fast and easy to say well he should have done this or done that....but i can't complain about what happened Showtime and Preece helped my guy out!! LOL....going to be great two races left!! Will youth beat a legend?? Or Will Stefanik finally win #8?? Can't wait to find out!

Andy
09-24-2010, 11:38 AM
Also in retospec though....Bobby could have moved up and gotten out of the way when he saw preece dive bomb in

With the eyes in the back of his helmet? Come on.....

Speedy
09-24-2010, 11:46 AM
My bonus commentary:
Terms like - “Rubbin is Racin” and…“I got into him, but I didn’t mean to”, and lets see what else?, Oh - “I had to use him up there a bit in the corner”, that’s a good one - and my all time personal favorite “I did what I had to do” are really just bad excuses for lack of driving skill. Pushing cars out of the way with either the front bumper of the right side nerf bar doesn’t take a large amount of skill in my opinion – I figure just about anyone could do that. The ability to place well and win races without having to use any of those modern day, common post race excuses or comments - these are the drivers that really get my respect as a fan – and yes, there are seemingly very few that fall into that category.

I agree 100% with the quote above. Racing is supposed to be (for lack of a better term) an art form......where the best driver in the best prepared, best handling car wins. Rubbing is not racing. Racing is racing. Nothing against Blewett personally, but he's generally slam dancing when (most) everybody else is waltzing.

I don't care how many races a driver wins....it's how he got to the front that matters to me.

Speedy

Magicshoes12
09-24-2010, 12:15 PM
With the eyes in the back of his helmet? Come on.....

real mature...lol....plenty of resources to tell you whats behind you.

art11758
09-24-2010, 12:46 PM
I agree 100% with the quote above. Racing is supposed to be (for lack of a better term) an art form......where the best driver in the best prepared, best handling car wins. Rubbing is not racing. Racing is racing. Nothing against Blewett personally, but he's generally slam dancing when (most) everybody else is waltzing.

I don't care how many races a driver wins....it's how he got to the front that matters to me.

Speedy
X2 Thank You!

Sicklajoie
09-24-2010, 07:22 PM
real mature...lol....plenty of resources to tell you whats behind you.

Not when someone's making a last second bonzai move on you.

Andy
09-24-2010, 08:08 PM
Not when someone's making a last second bonzai move on you.

Precisely my point. I wasn't going for the smarta** answer, just trying to make you think about the statement for a second. And I'm a Preece fan, but I thought it was a horrible move.