PDA

View Full Version : Congrats, Tommy, 00

nascar071
09-20-2010, 10:56 AM
Congrats to Tommy00, Tom4, Scott22, and all the rest of the BB drivers! I had a great time this year. Jack jr, Great job, you have my vote for rookie of the year. A big shout out to the 00 fans in turn two, I loved your signs, way to support your favorite driver!!!!!:D:D:D. Wish i would have put new tires on my car, I slipped up coming out of two and Tommy got under me. Instead of blocking, I gave him room and raced him the best I could. Just didnt have it . Scott, too bad you got dumped. It would have been great to have all of us up there battling for the lead. Lars , your the best , thanks! all the rest of the drivers, thanks for a great season, we bumped and rubbed and raced hard. I had a blast. Who knows , maybe I will run a full season next year!!! Thanks, Ron Langdon:):)

bulldozer
09-28-2010, 02:43 PM
Great job al always when everyone is out to beat one car every year and that car still comes out on top shows a true champion. I see no one puts up any congrats but there should be tons of responces because everyone is trying there best to beat the 00 and he still is on top.Great job.

nascar071
09-28-2010, 04:13 PM
Seems the only time anyone comes on about Tommy , its to bash him. Maybe if they put as much energy into their cars as Tommy does his, they may get the same results. Thank Chris , you know what I'm talking about! You get results because you put in the effort, Great job this year!!

Spectator
09-30-2010, 07:18 AM
COngrats Tommy, this was your best year thusfar!

Sorry guys but I have to chime in..I'm sure there are other guys putting in just as much if not more time and effort in. Back in the days there was a such thing as winning races in the garage....now they can be won with your wallet. On top of being a good driver and working hard, Im sure Tommy has every other car outspent also. I feel like you guys are saying Tommys in a class of his own because of hard work...let's not assume the 20 other drivers are couch potatoes.

chris061
09-30-2010, 11:35 AM
Theres no sense in beating a dead horse.... the moral of the story is alot of the divisions have been blown out of proportion, But nothing will ever be done about it, Its too late. The unfortunate thing is not every driver has ronnie in there corner, tommy and scott never did anything to speak of before ron got involved, and now look :confused:. how many of the other drivers out there would be up front every week if they had a "worked" car ? i love the division i just wish there were more cars on level ground. jmo....

Spectator
09-30-2010, 11:46 AM
Honest question and not a stab at anybody...is Ronny Tommy's crew chief. And does Ronny have any involvement in the 19 car?

nascar071
09-30-2010, 04:04 PM
First off I said energy not effort. You can put all the effort in you want, if its not in the proper direction all you energy is lost. And conversly if your energy is put in the wrong direction your efforts will be lost. two completely different things with the same outcome. As far as outspending, you should get your facts first. Trust me its not the money. Tommy has his car off the trailer and apart most Sundays by 11AM. I know because I get the calls. Also I only saw 1 other car at the track the week we were off other than Tommy's. Scott and I would have been there had it not been for a situation the came up at the last minute. And why you might ask were we there? To TEST . Its offered to all. we only got 3, 8 lap practices but were able to put in three different set ups in the car. That is whats called winning in you garage. maybe thats what is meant by " worked on" . really, you guys need to step it up. as far as Tommy and Scott not being able to do anything until I got involved. Show me anybody who came in with out help and ran great from the get go. It DOESNT happen. It took me 6 years of racing before I was even remotely competetive and that was only after years of help from many different people. As far as I'm concerned this division has some of the best people and racing that goes on out there. And i think the "LEVEL PLAYING FIELD " is there. It happens in every division, at every track, there is always someone beating everybody else! Instead of *****ing you should try and be the bar that everyone else has to shoot for. You think its easy? its more work than running 10th every week. Its all about KNOWLEDGE and knowing what to do with it. One person changed my mind years ago when I thought I was working hard, he said and I quote " you work so hard in all the wrong places, you have to cheat just to keep up" Think about that one for a while!!!! Thats it I'm done ! Look forward to next year ,, RON PS : no I don't have anything to do with the 19 car , but thanks for the complement!

fisherman
09-30-2010, 05:43 PM
congrats tommy and alot of work is put into winning and you need to do it the rite way to have sucess:applause:

nascar071
09-30-2010, 06:04 PM
Damn straight!

Golf Guy
10-01-2010, 11:52 AM
Congrats Tommy on your continued success. You work very hard and deserve it.
I have a question to ask about this thread though. When did Walkowiak win the lottery and be able to out spend every competitor in this division? I know Tommy and he works just as hard at his business as he does at racing, but when did he acquire the wealth of Hendrick Motorsports? And I know two other things to be fact: 1) Tommy did not run new tires every week and spent less this season than he has in the past and 2) if you give Ron Langdon a call he will be glad to work on your car for the same price. JMO

Ka$h25
10-03-2010, 07:30 PM
You don't need to be Rick Hendrick to outspend the Blunderbust division. Tommy said himself in victory lane that he "spares no expense." Some guys don't have that luxury. It's not a knock on Tommy and his success, but it certainly lacks luster.

nascar071
10-04-2010, 08:51 AM
"Spare no expense" also means time away from your family. its not always about money! Why is it you guys seem to think you can win with your pocket book. .......someone still has to drive the car! I've seem plenty of people spend tons of money and go nowhere. I guess J-Rod spared no expense last year too. He was fast...... Lay off the crap and start working on your own cars. If you dont change anything how do you expect anything to change!!!!!!:mad: I really didnt expect to respond to this thread again , but, some of you guys are really thick! Its starting to piss me off!!!!!

j-rod
10-04-2010, 05:27 PM
not to add fuel to any fire, but i spared all expenses actually,,,ran 6 used tires, changed the rr spring, kept it full of 93 octane, and set the toe once. lol

nascar071
10-04-2010, 08:00 PM
My point exactly

Ka$h25
10-04-2010, 10:28 PM
My point exactly

Huh? I thought your point was hard work equals success? Jrod pulled a car out of its grave and simply drove his ass off to a couple wins.

nascar071
10-05-2010, 08:04 AM
Your saying he didnt work on it? :confused: And no , my point isnt " hard work = success" my point is "smart work = success"

fisherman
10-05-2010, 03:38 PM
Your saying he didnt work on it? :confused: And no , my point isnt " hard work = success" my point is "smart work = success"

bingo your a winner

nascar071
10-05-2010, 06:25 PM
Whats my prize?? :)

fisherman
10-05-2010, 06:32 PM
probbaly more slackers complaining lol:lol:

nascar071
10-05-2010, 07:01 PM
I hope J -Rod realized that was a compliment. Hey Fisherman. I didnt know pants complain?