PDA

View Full Version : runnin blind!!

quickmc73
09-23-2010, 10:44 AM
nice run for mike b in the 50 lapper,very impressive how you raced with your hood over your winshield,you deffinately put on hell of a show.sorry to see they blacked flagged you,there was no need for that.look foward to racing against you next year.

Jaws
09-23-2010, 01:36 PM
No need to black flag him? You are driving a very fast race car and you can not see where you are going?

Richie25
09-23-2010, 03:35 PM
i agree. that was incredible how he pulled it off. there was no need for the black flag as he finished impressive the race that way. they ( JIM COUGH COUGH) never cared to throw a yellow for it even for safety it never crossed their mind. mike didn't even wreak or hit any car either. mike deserved to finish were he finished with his hood up.

quickmc73
09-23-2010, 04:08 PM
No need to black flag him? You are driving a very fast race car and you can not see where you are going?

jaws did you see the race?i hope you didnt after reading your post.mike was in total control of his racecar,even passing 1 or 2 with his hood up over the winshield.if mike was starting to run in the back of cars or hitting the fence then yeah a blag flag would be expected but man he was driving the balls off that car and was in total control,it was pretty cool to watch.my quess is he was listening to a vey good radio man and he has good knowledge of his surroundings.way to go!!!!!

Jaws
09-23-2010, 05:45 PM
jaws did you see the race?i hope you didnt after reading your post.mike was in total control of his racecar,even passing 1 or 2 with his hood up over the winshield.if mike was starting to run in the back of cars or hitting the fence then yeah a blag flag would be expected but man he was driving the balls off that car and was in total control,it was pretty cool to watch.my quess is he was listening to a vey good radio man and he has good knowledge of his surroundings.way to go!!!!!

I did not, but I have seen drivers attempt it over the years. Mike is a good driver so I am sure he did a great job but its is still dangerous when 80% of you vision is gone, thats all I am saying. I know nothing happened but it could have.

MaKiN Em SiCk
09-23-2010, 06:28 PM
I remember Robin V in the chargers running a race like this, right till the end, they even were attempting to black flag before a caution came out(had the flag in hand... but didnt get to throw it) when the caution did come out, he rolled to the starters stand and slammed on his brakes, causing the hood to come back down... end result, they didnt black flag him... and he finished the race...

If he was in complete control, and able to race the car that way... then there is no reason why he should have been flagged... I wasnt there, but did this happen after the race?