PDA

View Full Version : Seekonk Grand Prix - Slick Track race

limodmaniac
09-23-2010, 05:34 PM
The next MRS race will be Seekonk. After qualifying at Seekonk on Saturday, Oct 9. all modified drivers are invited to attend the 2nd annual Slick Track Invitational at the Seekonk Grand Prix.

This year, due to a large number of drivers planning to attend , we will probably have heat races. Then the top qualifiers will go at it in the feature race.

Besides drivers, we will have a pit crew/ owner race. We will have a Chromehorn/fan race. Other races may be scheduled.

Best of all, for any driver who attends, they stand to collect 500, 300 or 200 dollars. On Sunday, the top 3 finishers in the 100 lap MRS race will walk off with the bonus money being put up by the Hossfan and myself.

Looking for good weather and a fun time for all .

SUfan
09-27-2010, 09:16 PM
Official entries are coming in fast at a record rate (typical PR statement). Ryan Preece, Dwight Jarvis, Les Hinckley and Long Island Mod Maniac are already entered in this prestigious event, which promises to have trophies bigger and better than last year.
But will the Maniac be awarded a provisional for the big race if he doesn't qualify? Stay tuned for updates.

limodmaniac
09-28-2010, 06:32 AM
Had an unofficial practice session on Sunday afternoon. Tried to run as many different carts as possible to find out which ones were handling and which ones were not. Hopefully no one draws the number 2 car, must need a new front clip or something. Saying that, however, I did manage to lap the field( 4 other cars lol) with it. Managed to lap every kart out there, every race. Feeling good about it, but realize none of those people knew how to drive, so I'm probably practicing against the wrong people.

limodmaniac
09-28-2010, 05:10 PM
Todd Annarummo sent in his official registration notice. I had to break the news to him that the slick track race was not a 10,000 to win show, but he's coming just the same!

Fat Albert
09-29-2010, 09:20 PM
Todd Who????

limodmaniac
10-04-2010, 04:55 PM
Let's get talking about the big event of this coming weekend -

THE 2ND ANNUAL SLICK TRACK CHALLENGE

Where I get to live out my fantasy and take on a whole group of modified drivers on the slick track!

TIME - 30 MINUTES AFTER THE MODIFIED CONSI

PLACE - SEEKONK GRAND PRIX

We will be handing out trophies ( thank you Kevin Rice) to winners of each feature race.

1. Modified drivers race

2. Pit Crew/ Owners race

3. Fans race

4. Ladies Race

5. Chrome Horn members race

6. Media / Official race

As the fine print reads in the rules, I get to enter all races!!

We may have to have heat races in some divisions, but only the feature winner gets the trophy.

Remember to any modified driver, to get the bonus money from me on Sunday, you have to have attempted to qualify for one of the races at the Slick Track on Saturday. $ 500/ 300 / 200 will be given out Sunday to the 3 highest finishers.

limodmaniac
10-05-2010, 05:55 PM
Add Max Zachem to the official entry list!

Remember drivers do not have to send in an official entry form, but if you do, we might mention you on this forum.

Fans are more than welcome to come and watch the races. And join in also for the fans race or the Chromehorn members race!!

limodmaniac
10-07-2010, 05:54 PM
Any Chromehorn members showing up for the slick track event?

SUfan
10-07-2010, 07:57 PM
Yea we need some more Chrome Horn members to sign up for this or Maniac will cruise to the trophy. With no pit stops to block him behind me, I have no chance of winning that race. C'mon Howie sign up! We will let you start on the pole.

Jaws
10-07-2010, 09:05 PM
How far from Lake George? Maybe I cruise over with the kids take all the money and cruise back!:cool:

limodmaniac
10-08-2010, 07:19 PM
Rumor has it Ryan Preece was testing at Seekonk Grand Prix tonight. Obviously this is breaking the rule of the 7 day before a race non testing rule. He should be forced to start at the rear of the race, in my opinion. Or maybe start on the pole, one lap down. Or at least , no Burger King allowed before the race. I know he had extra gas after eating ther last year, and probably should have been disqualifed for using the wrong fuel or something.

limodmaniac
10-08-2010, 08:39 PM
Rumor has it that Les Hinckley will be running a Pro 4 modified AFTER the modified consi at Seekonk. This could cause Les to show up too late for the start of the Slick Track action down the road.

If Les misses one of the heat races for the drivers at the Slick Track , he may get a provisional starting spot in the feature...Or if he misses the feature, he may have to race in the fans race, chromehorn race, media race or ladies race in order to still be eligible for the bonus money on Sunday.

If he is too late for any of those, he will still be up for the bonus, as long as I am still at the slick track, which could be all evening long. So Les, don't worry we'll get you into a race some how or another.

RaceVoice
10-09-2010, 12:21 AM
I drove by the slick track, and happy to say that LIModManiac was not out taking practice laps before the event day.

limodmaniac
10-09-2010, 07:38 AM
But will he stop off there on the way to Seekonk today?

limodmaniac
10-09-2010, 11:39 AM
Wonder how many of those 35 modified drivers will be showing up for some slick track racing.

Special thanks to GCmodracer (formerly hossfan) for putting up the $500 for the 2nd & 3rd place money for the slick track invitational/seekonk 100.

Now if only we could get him out there racing a slick track against the modified drivers...

mattphoto
10-10-2010, 06:01 PM
hope you guys had a great turn out for this event

limodmaniac
10-10-2010, 06:34 PM
Think about 17 modified drivers showed up. Goodenough won the first mod drivers race . I think I got 4th. In 2 nd race I was leading when Jacob Dore spun me out. Itried waiting up for him to seek some revenge. Soon after Wayne darling threw the red flag and when he lined us up again he put Chris pasteryak and me to the rear and said we both got the lucky dog and were back on the lead lap. I drove thru field to take victory. Later I swear I won the fans race but was told I was down a lap.. No way but was still happy with the way things went.

Today at seekonk Todd annarumo, Steve masse and Ken Barry got the bonus money from Chris Buchman ( GCmodracer) and me

mattphoto
10-10-2010, 06:39 PM
thats great I hope to come down for it next year

stoningtonmodmania
10-11-2010, 12:06 PM
i thought i won the fan race last year but i didnt if that makes u feel better