PDA

View Full Version : The Open Comp!

CJfilms
09-24-2010, 09:31 AM
Yes, there will be an open comp race at SVS in November....details will be posted soon.

The BIG HOLD UP right now is the rules....

Last season, the rules were simple, especially for Rule #1 which was all NEETS Safety rules must be met....

Problem is....they were for NJ.......I am in the process of re-writing the open comp rules so there is no confusion. I will have the event info page online as well as the complete rules soon.....I like to promote two months in advance minimum....so if the race is on Nov. 28th, I will have that info on the site by Sept. 28th....

I should be posting and uploading everything this weekend!

Rowdy Rules 51
09-24-2010, 07:13 PM
:applause: this is the best news I have heard in FOREVER!!! Sign me up as the first one to confirm they WILL be there!!! :cheers:

Poppop
09-24-2010, 08:12 PM
:)If I still have the new car running, I'll try to make it. The old car won't make it on the hard track, the wheels don't agree on which way to go any more, but it'll still work on dirt.:lol: November, I bet it won't overheat!

Poppop

Mobigsly
09-24-2010, 08:45 PM
I'll be praying for snow..

CJfilms
09-25-2010, 12:31 AM
http://www.neetsracing.com/events/11-28.htm

The rules are simpler than they appear....very similar to the rules last year. The biggest change is the HOMETRACK EXCEPTION...

IF a driver is a regular from another speedway (for example, Big Diamond or Riverhead Raceway, etc...), so long as the car is equipped to that sanction's enduro rules it will be permitted to race.

This way, if someone has a car that is not up to the regular NEETS safety regulations, so long as they are safe enough to race at their home track, they will be able to race at this event.

STU
09-25-2010, 11:48 AM
Say what you want about SVS, but it is a great enduro track. I think this will be a break through event for NEETS and wish everyone the best of luck. I love it for being only 8 miles from my house! With it being local for me, hopefully the vendors I know will pitch in tons of give-a-ways for teams and fans.

Nov. 28th! Here I go again. Running around in the snow covered infield with my flags!:D

Cory

pappywrench
09-26-2010, 05:48 PM
It says open comp, but clarify this;
D.O.T. Tires only, Yes?:mad:
Aerodynamic enhancements allowed? wings, spoilers, ground effects.:drool:
factory/grand stocks allowed 4412 or Wall 350cfm? yes or no:help:
Rim width the same or allowed by home track, max size allowed:rolleyes:
Ride height, yes or no:cool:
Rears, locked,open,posi?:angel:
Traction control? HAHA;)
Front hoops?
Jacking bolts?

CJfilms
09-27-2010, 03:50 PM
Dear Pappy,

Let me answer these for you to the best of my knowledge....which should be pretty darned good!

D.O.T. Tires only, Yes? - YES

Aerodynamic enhancements allowed? wings, spoilers, ground effects. - So long as they are fastened properly and will not come off during the race. What is properly fastened? Let's put it this way...if it shakes or flexes a lot when we inspect it...it probably isn't safe. But, I know you know what you are doing in this area....

factory/grand stocks allowed 4412 or Wall 350cfm? - YES, safety rules, body and tires must be followed...see the home track exception for safety exception.

Rim width the same or allowed by home track, max size allowed - DOT...must be street approved, not too worried about anything else other than that DOT stamp.

Ride height - NOPE! anything goes!

Rears, locked,open,posi? - What are you in the mood for? Anything will be fine here, we are not checking rears after the race.......see below also.

Traction control? - If you can get it...., but no, we won't be checking for it.

Front hoops - NO BATTERING RAMS!!! Safety reasons, period.

Jacking bolts? - Open to all good ideas.....no problem

As for the post-race tech.....well, there is none! This is an open comp race and will have JUST a pre-race safety inspection. Once the car is deemed "SAFE", it is approved to race....if not approved, it will not race. Any car racing would have to have been approved, therefore no post race tech.

RICK16RACIN
09-27-2010, 04:09 PM
i think Joe coverd it well!! the only rules are their home track safety rules!!! so bring your rule books guys/gals!! oh and passenger dot tires of course!! :wave:

richardpetey
09-27-2010, 07:33 PM
Question! Any size rim as long as all 4 have same backspace...................:confused:
No front hoops permitted...............correct...?............... .:rolleyes:
Will Lapdance officials have anything to do with this NEETS event, other than collecting the money?........................:eek:
UNCLE PETEY.....................:wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

intense1
09-27-2010, 07:49 PM
Will Lapdance officials have anything to do with this NEETS event, other than collecting the money?........................:eek:

I just may partake in this OPEN COMP Enduro Derby...It would be a pleasure to RUFFLE YOUR FEATHERS! :wave: :applause:

Tighten your belts.

richardpetey
09-27-2010, 08:26 PM
Hopefully, you won't be getting a promoters provisional like the last TD race you pretended to run in.............................:help:
You gotta lotta "Ifs" mr. fraction..................:confused:
If you can find someone to lend you the entry fee.............:rolleyes:
If you can find someone to let you use their enduro...............:drool:
If you can finally finish an enduro race...................:D
If you have a car left or don't get black flagged for rough driving in the first ten laps..................:eek:
UNCLE PETEY...................:wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:
If your owner can"t tighten your leash.............PLEASE.......stay on the porch............:disgusted

intense1
09-27-2010, 08:55 PM
If handicapping has anything to do with it (like your avatar shows), then i'm sure you will be starting up front. (You've still got A friend in Pennsylvania)
Just like the old days of Neets at Sundance Vacations Speedway...when you BOUGHT your way to the front row! :applause::lol::applause:

Philter39
09-27-2010, 10:09 PM
Sounds like RP and intense are on each others Christmas card exchange list.

I will go to watch that race but asphalts for the tow vehicle. phil

RICK16RACIN
09-28-2010, 04:25 PM
:wave: hey petey if i am not mistaken you can run different offsets if you want. like joe said safty rules only for your home track, so front hoops are a NO!! ( the only rule is passenger dot tires only) so since you are a neets family member you know what the safety rules are and you run the correct tires , you will be fine!! And also this event will be run by NEETS OFFICIALS ONLY!!!( With the ugly green pace car) just like we do at Grandview & Wall :applause::applause:

Trav90
09-28-2010, 07:31 PM
Can't Wait for this Race! Getting back on Asphalt should be fun!!!

richardpetey
09-28-2010, 08:12 PM
Thats right Philter! Only its a halloween card list...................:rolleyes:
Its always a trick and no treat at Lapdance with the deadly decimal...............:eek:
UNCLE PETEY...............:wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

Rowdy Rules 51
09-29-2010, 10:16 AM
If handicapping has anything to do with it (like your avatar shows), then i'm sure you will be starting up front. (You've still got A friend in Pennsylvania)
Just like the old days of Neets at Sundance Vacations Speedway...when you BOUGHT your way to the front row! :applause::lol::applause:

This race is gonna be soo awesome givem hell 2/10!!!!:D

EnduroFromDE
09-29-2010, 10:40 AM
anyone know how the cavaliers run on pavement??? i know some cars work good on different surfaces. When NEETS were at Moun....i mean SVS...the races were dominated by eclipes, and talons. they dont do as good on dirt. so since cavaliers are always running up front at Grandview, just wondering how they would run on pavement. Im gona try to bring my car up for this race.

Rowdy Rules 51
09-29-2010, 10:47 AM
anyone know how the cavaliers run on pavement??? i know some cars work good on different surfaces. When NEETS were at Moun....i mean SVS...the races were dominated by eclipes, and talons. they dont do as good on dirt. so since cavaliers are always running up front at Grandview, just wondering how they would run on pavement. Im gona try to bring my car up for this race.

You are correct about the eclipses still being some of the fastest cars, cavaliers like me are not the ticket at SVS. other cars that dominate are Subaru's and Nissan's

EnduroFromDE
09-29-2010, 10:53 AM
Since this is an open comp that means theres unlimted mods allowed correct??? even towards the suspention??? Im sure I can find a way to get some camber and toe set to run pretty good there... toe out the rear are pretty simple on these cars too...

WEEZER
09-29-2010, 09:03 PM
I just hope Ray Fitzgerald does'nt show up for the big cars.

intense1
09-29-2010, 09:39 PM
Just bring a clunker...and wreck the fast guys, or...the ones with the BIG mouthes! HE HE HE :angel::angel::angel:

CJfilms
09-29-2010, 09:45 PM
Watch what you say Weezer....unless you already know something.......... :*-(:*-(

richardpetey
09-29-2010, 10:17 PM
Just bring a clunker...and wreck the fast guys, or...the ones with the BIG mouthes! HE HE HE :angel::angel::angel:

Hey Mountain "MOUTH", if they allow you in the race, you might not get past the parade lap, you'll get DQ'ed before you take the green...............:rolleyes:
Hopefully, Ray, Joe, Dr. D, etc, all show up, it'll make for a great race.............;)
Do us all a favor .................stay home and work on your "stagger"..............:eek:
UNCLE PETEY.................:wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

intense1
09-29-2010, 11:26 PM
Like squashing grapes, I'm gonna make you WHINE! :cheers:

CJfilms
09-30-2010, 02:16 PM
Like squashing grapes, I'm gonna make you WHINE! :cheers:

I like that...maybe it's just because I'm a winemaker....but still cute.

The open comp will be an enduro race, not a demo derby...normal NEETS procedures will be in effect and any overly destructive drivers will be removed from the speedway. Either by Black Flag and driving off or by Red Flag and JUST the driver is removed....car will remain on the track to be "finished off". :D

Poppop
09-30-2010, 02:31 PM
:cool:I think I might just go to the October race as a spectator to see if it's a real enduro, or a derby before I risk my car.:-| This derby talk doesn't get me very excited.

Poppop

CJfilms
09-30-2010, 02:45 PM
Mike is a better driver than that...he's just trying to ruffle Petey's feathers....:-B

don38
09-30-2010, 03:08 PM
I just hope Ray Fitzgerald does'nt show up for the big cars.

????????:confused::confused:....Y

WEEZER
09-30-2010, 08:50 PM
Hey Don 38, at wall last year for the neets race ray cleaned house and did the same whenever he ran a Neets race at SVS when it was mountain, I raced with him at wall and at the last Mutha years ago when it was Mountain. Of cousre I'd love to have ray show up, 2nd is'nt too bad!!

Hey Intense 1, I don't get it???? Your the promoter at SVS and you condone that kind of mentality???
I was planning on bringing a junker to the factory KOTM race and doing that because I guess it's ok according to you, right?

richardpetey
09-30-2010, 10:55 PM
He's always setting off his "airbag", if his lips are moving he's lying................:rolleyes:
He's a unbelievable driver, he once swerved to miss a tree then realized it was his air freshener.....................:help:
When he talks about his "big accident" you gotta ask "which one"..................:(
Lapdance has a trackside cross ready to mark the "inevitable" spot................:drool:
He sees more middle fingers than an oriental manicurist in a Lexus..........:*-(
He has five frame shops on his speed dial.................:-|
If he enters a 4 car race he'll finish 5th......................:)
When he puts 5 gallons of fuel in his racecar it triples in value...............:confused:
His rearview mirror is labelled: warning objects looking in mirror are dumber than they appear...................:lol:
The lettering on the back of his racecar sez: Body by Fisher, Brains by Mattel....................:eek:
UNCLE PETEY....................:wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

intense1
09-30-2010, 11:55 PM
Hey Intense 1, I don't get it???? Your the promoter at SVS and you condone that kind of mentality???
I was planning on bringing a junker to the factory KOTM race and doing that because I guess it's ok according to you, right?

No, I am not the promoter at S.V.S.
Yes, I am very familiar with Enduro racing. Remember, it's not always the fastest car that wins...it's the one who refuses to LET THE OTHERS WIN! :D
If your junker passes inspection at KOTM...then have at it. :drool:

As for my OLD friend, Mr. Cheatey...
1. You better hope you have airbags in your chariot
2. I hope you got a can of air freshener...'cause YOU STINK!
3. You've hit more jackpots in the tech area than anyone I know
4. Just paint a bullseye on your car...there's more than one who'll be gunning for ya! :angel:
5. Yes, you are definitely number "1"...in my books
6. I hope YOU have a frame shop on speed dial...If not, then you can just leave your car and we'll scrap it for you on Monday
7. Remember: Don't bring a knife to a gun fight...bring a TANK! :applause:
8. I think you have been sniffing the fuel jug for WAY TOO LONG...QUIT while you still have a few brain cells left :help:
9. MIRROR, MIRROR...you'll be on the wall. :*-(
10. The back of your car says "CAUTION-STUDENT DRIVER"
FIRST LESSON IS SCHEDULED FOR NOVEMBER 28th!!!
:wave::wave::wave::wave::wave:

310fig8
10-01-2010, 05:49 AM
WOW Who's promoting this, Vince McMahon???? Get the ESPN Cameras out for this. It's gonna be fun being a part of this one. :lol:

richardpetey
10-01-2010, 08:57 PM
WOW Who's promoting this, Vince McMahon???? Get the ESPN Cameras out for this. It's gonna be fun being a part of this one. :lol:
Your correct Bill! When your dealing with the "fraction of a promoter" you have the Don King of enduros...........................:drool:
He has thrown so many enduro cars/drivers under the bus that the Port Authority Terminal is thinking of relocating to Lapdance..................:disgusted
He is so good at his job that in only 2 years he took an enduro series that sported a 60 to 70 car field and through hard work and dedication single-handedly turned that series into a 8 to 10 car demo-derby...................:eek:
He should be proud of himself for his contributions to the racing community, race directors of his caliber are rivalled only by promoters like the one that failed to pay the drivers and owners of the track and eventually led to the closing of Wall Stadium.................:mad:
The only saving grace is he won't have anything to do with the Nov. 28th NEETS race except watch how a real series operates.................:applause:
UNCLE PETEY......................:wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

CJfilms
10-01-2010, 10:20 PM
This will be a notorious event...not because of who is running the show or who will be racing.

This will mark NEETS' return to Sundance Vacations Speedway since 2006...period.

The subject of this thread is to promote awareness of the upcoming event. The back-and-forth attacks have gotten old and are getting repetitive...we've heard this before, on and off the NEETS forum. Let's let it die once and for all...settle it on the track boys and I DON'T MEAN BY WRECKING EACH OTHER!!!

At this point, the conversation has gotten far from what the subject was supposed to be and in a final attempt here to promote racing and not a drama show....put up or shut up boys.... You want to prove who's right? Let's do this on the track, like adults and serious race car DRIVERS....

I'm not going to just shut the thread down, it is very easy to do that, but it doesn't solve the problem...before we just get back into the swing of the old point and type....let's get back to the subject of RACING.

Thanks and see you there!

intense1
10-02-2010, 02:11 AM
You'll always be a lap down...at Lapdance.
You are so blind, you can't even see the real problem with enduro racing...YOU!!!
Keep bashing race tracks...that's a great way to promote both your pitiful self, and the sport we all love.
You're a disgrace, to the human race.

AND, you are once again...WRONG. I will have 43 reasons to be a part of the OPEN STOMP!...
I will be dividing your #43, into 43 pieces.

Wrecker or Checker, baby!!! :wave::wave::wave::wave::wave:

Mobigsly
10-02-2010, 10:44 AM
I'm trying to follow the rules here and from what i can understand,
you have to be legal in one of the many series or tracks you listed.
the cars will be checked for safety before going on the track.
Tire rule states "Tires with DOT stamp must be approved for street use, any tire that reads "For racing purposes only" will not be permitted" so what is is racing purpose or DOT? you can buy hoosiers with DOT on it for certain rally cars, and you can buy Z rated tires for performance cars that are DOT. So which is it? If you say racing purpose only you better describe better..
But........... does this matter anyway? You said there will be no tech whatsoever afterwards..

CJfilms
10-03-2010, 06:31 PM
NO RACING TIRES....period.

There are some brands, I believe American Racer is one, that make DOT approved tires that read, "for racing purposes only" on the sidewall. THEY are not permitted.

If the tire has a legit DOT stamp on it, it will be fine....

If the tire reads the "for racing purposes only" words on it, it will not be allowed.

TJ, if you have any questions, feel free to call me anytime, 267-767-4923, or email me at joe@neetsracing.com ...it goes right to my phone....so you can get a quick, not too wordy reply!

And, again, this is NOT a 200 lap demo....overly destructive cars will be removed from the speedway....that is two openly public warnings about this now.

richardpetey
10-03-2010, 09:24 PM
Hey! Made ya say LAPDANCE.......................:cheers:
Nobody is knocking race tracks just the boneheads like you that run'em, so save your breath to blow up your date.............................:confused:
99% of all race directors give all the rest a bad name...................:help:
I don't wanna put a stop payment on your reality check but, even if they let you enter this race, you ran outa talent 20 years ago..................:rolleyes:
Give it up! Your depriving some poor village of their idiot.....................:drool:
Stop trying to use our forum discussions just to negatively hype up this event, you couldn't make headlines with a corduroy pillow..............:eek:
Your credibility is gone, stop talking like your some kind of racing aficionado, you'd have better luck as a used DEPENZ salesman.................:disgusted
UNCLE PETEY.................:wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

CJfilms
10-03-2010, 09:57 PM
And the checkered flag is out.....