PDA

View Full Version : Bent!

mcstockcar
09-26-2010, 04:16 PM
Last night I decided to run at NES,and while looking for my kidneys in turns 1+2, I bounce/skidded and spun out.( this was in practice at a slow pace) THEN a Wall factory stock hit me in the front end causing the frame to bend up behind the rf wheel. Just before the frame goes under the firewall. It also pushed the ft frame horns to the left. Any tips on straghtening this awkward bend ? No one should EVER complain about the condition of GV surface until the run at NES. Ive been on a bad track but that was ridiculous!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Last night was the worst Ive seen it. My 2 cents on that!

NeetsSpectator
09-26-2010, 08:00 PM
The track was horrible!
It vibrated the in-car cameras so bad that the internal batteries lost their connection and they both shut off.
When Jack pulled in, one of the cameras had vibrated off of the mount and was on the floor, the other one was just about ready to fall off.

critter
09-27-2010, 10:01 AM
the camera curse lol ,find a few big tress and some chain maybe ??

Steve Haegele
09-27-2010, 10:30 AM
Come on Jack, the track was perfect for us, guess you need some bigger tires.

4speed
09-28-2010, 05:19 AM
This time of year track is tacky, and with 65 laps of hard core Modified racing the clay gets peeled up and creates a rough track. With experience you will learn this and how to read the track. Also, FS's raced last. Do you really think NES officials were going to groom and fix the track just for the FS cars after already going past the curfew. I dont think so. On the pace lap you look for the holes, and on the green laps you avoid them.

mcstockcar
09-28-2010, 06:06 AM
I didnt expect them to groom the track. But even after the time it took to "groom" the track, It peeled up halfway thru the 1st modified race. There was no looking for the holes it was one giant.... hole! They need to mix more glue up in the clay. If i can change my shocks to adapt to conditons that be great. The track changed them for me...into junk! oh well.

Danger83Ranger
09-28-2010, 05:12 PM
as far as im concerned, the factory stocks class, road runners etc etc are just a joke of a racing class. its pointless and i dont consider it real racing. they dont pay well at all and people dish a lot of money into a hunk of junk. JMO of course, we are all entitled to an opinion. stick with neets, low cost and lots of fun, and rarely is there a big ruckus about crashing our "modified street cars" . jack stay in pennsylvania...lol, jersey causes too many problems. i hope your car isnt totaled. see ya this weekend

mcstockcar
09-28-2010, 08:47 PM
Thanks for the input and support. I do love it here. So many nice people in Neets! Im going to straighten the frame on a frame machine and run the 60 car in the last race. I wont be at the next race due to conflicting schedules with my 20th class union at 6:30 saturday. I will be at the last race with both cars. I plan to sell the 60 car without the motor after the season is over though and run 1 car next year.:)

NeetsSpectator
09-28-2010, 09:42 PM
Pictures of the damage to the #60

Danger83Ranger
09-28-2010, 11:24 PM
damage doesnt look too bad, but it might have accordioned at the firewall, that will cause some issues. have fun at your class reunion jack, my 5 year is coming up in november lol.

Erin C
09-29-2010, 08:19 AM
Jack, I just saw the video...it looks like you had a difficult time the last couple laps you were running, did you think you were on the drag strip and forgot to turn left? LOL...just busting you...sorry you had a crappy day...here's a link to the video from Dave...I am not going to start a new thread with this link as it is related to this topic. @ about 2:30 is when your car decides to go straight instead of left and about 2:45 is when you spun.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SuqtQHqzRo4

Danger83Ranger
09-29-2010, 09:30 AM
wow, all of that crazy talk was over that? the orange car had plenty of time to stop, if he would have kept his eyes open. probably one of those drivers that stares at the back bumper of the car in front of them and doesnt look ahead like your supposed too...:lol::lol::lol:.

jack, you did fine, i see the car was pushing a lot, all the cars were bouncing around, track looked real rough in some spots. it was just one of them incidents where the other car was in the wrong place at the wrong time.

mcstockcar
09-29-2010, 03:54 PM
Thank you. I was doubting myself at first then saw the video. What were they thinking?.Yeah go straight, turn left, go straight, turn left.....

NeetsSpectator
09-29-2010, 04:00 PM
Yeah go straight, turn left, go straight, turn left.....

That sounds like your racing schedule.

Raceway Park, Grandview, Atco, Grandview

mcstockcar
09-29-2010, 08:00 PM
yes it is!:lol: Just got to be sure I dont mix them up!

4speed
09-30-2010, 06:39 AM
Jack, please accept my apologies on the #60 and #77 car wreck that I commented about in my previous post. I just watched the video and it was very clear. I was at the track crewing for the #80 car, and was focused on him during those warm-ups so I did not see what happened to you until I watched the video. Now, some in NEETS know Rob Longo, he is a very good friend of mine. Afterwards him and his crew were very pissed off saying you ran into them and tore up their car pretty bad. I went off of what they told me, and beleived him, but it goes to show ya you cant always beleive everything everyone tells you. Like the last poster said, it did look like you had a pretty bad push right from the begining. Maybe you tried to stay on the gas harder to try and get the rear to swing around, and apparently it swung around too much, all the way around. Simple, normal mistake if you want to call it that. It was also clear to see that the #77 actually ran into you, so their damage can only be blamed on themselves for say hitting a parked car, and being to close. In warm-ups I try to keep my distance from all cars to prevent something like this from happening to me. Sometimes I will get up along side of someone or close behind them, BUT that depends on who the driver is. Its too bad this had to happen in warm-ups. The damage to the #60 really does not look too bad from the photos. One thing is for sure, my vote is for you having the best looking car out there.
Heresay, heresay, heresay, until a video is put out to prove it. I love videographers.

Poppop
09-30-2010, 10:09 AM
:wave:That says a lot for NeetsSpectator. He must have a sixth sense for finding trouble as it's about to happen.:lol:

Poppop

mcstockcar
09-30-2010, 04:32 PM
Im not one to hold grudges. (unless its really bad) Apologie accepted. A lot of things were said that blew me out of the water. As for damage the frame is badly bent upward at the firewall on both sides(more on the rt side) and its pushed over to the left. I got a frame machine ( a chain, jack stand, a rosebud tip on my torch and my trusty Backhoe) I hope to get this thing fixed soon. I have to replace the rad support and fender too. A picture(or video) speaks a thousand words. Thanks :)