PDA

View Full Version : stafford

racecar24
09-28-2010, 04:03 PM
Does anyone know what tom rogers is driving at stafford? on the entry list on stafford's website it says he's driving frankie vigliarolo's #5. see for yourself. go on staffordmotorspeedway.com home page not to far down and you'll see a list of yellow links. the first yellow link will say carquest fall final weekend whelen modified tour entry list. click on that then scroll down a tiny bit and you'll see rogers in the 5. if someone answers this it would be great thanx

limodmaniac
09-28-2010, 05:14 PM
Frank Vigorolo's car? number 5 at Riverhead? and I believe Frank drove Tommy's car at Riverhead for the tour race.

BigMac
09-28-2010, 07:45 PM
I'm sure its just an oversight but no 36 on the entry list as of yet.

MOD11RACER
09-28-2010, 07:55 PM
The 36 is on the NASCAR Touring page entry list.

Jaws
09-28-2010, 08:20 PM
I'm sure its just an oversight but no 36 on the entry list as of yet.

Maybe they are taking a week off? :)

hollywoodmic
09-29-2010, 02:27 AM
Tommy is driving the Championship car he has. Frank owned the car, when it was the #5 Nicolok Paving Stones car a few years back, he made a deal with Tommy, and Tommy has run that car the last 2 seasons. I don't know if Frank still owns it or they just listed him as the owner. He has sponsored Tommy all year with Frankies Towing so there is definatly a connection there.

NWMT PR
09-29-2010, 01:01 PM
I'm a little slow this week, but HERE (http://hometracks.nascar.com/node/5392) is the latest and greatest Fall Final entry list.

As far as car owner/car number goes, Rogers is in the same entry as Vigliarolo was at Riverhead. The No. 36 entry did not come in until yesterday.

Tucknut
09-29-2010, 06:02 PM
Look for Szegedy to be wheeling a new white Troyer this weekend.

kinserfan11
09-30-2010, 07:39 PM
I was wondering about this on Eric Beers; he is Qual on Sat for the Sunday Race at Stafford; BUT he is going to race Sat Nite at Mahoning Valley at 6pm for Hand 7 of the Modified Poker Series; he race all the hands; just wondering if Mahoing will wait for him to arriver or let him qual in the consis because at 6pm is time Trials and about I say 7-730 will be his heat race; or does he have a Plane waiting for him at the Airport in Ct/ anyone have any insight on this? :D

CTtoPA
09-30-2010, 09:23 PM
Look for Szegedy to be wheeling a new white Troyer this weekend.

You had to go and let the cat out of the bag! Seems like weird timing to switch. Last time they raced Stafford all the Troyers were behind the #2!

dbr19
10-01-2010, 10:04 AM
I was wondering about this on Eric Beers; he is Qual on Sat for the Sunday Race at Stafford; BUT he is going to race Sat Nite at Mahoning Valley at 6pm for Hand 7 of the Modified Poker Series; he race all the hands; just wondering if Mahoing will wait for him to arriver or let him qual in the consis because at 6pm is time Trials and about I say 7-730 will be his heat race; or does he have a Plane waiting for him at the Airport in Ct/ anyone have any insight on this? :D

Will be going via ground transportation.

SUfan
10-01-2010, 06:55 PM
You had to go and let the cat out of the bag! Seems like weird timing to switch. Last time they raced Stafford all the Troyers were behind the #2!

Actually it was in AARN a few weeks ago that they had bought two Troyer cars.

CTtoPA
10-01-2010, 10:49 PM
Actually it was in AARN a few weeks ago that they had bought two Troyer cars.

Wonder where the other one is?

Axel
10-02-2010, 06:37 AM
still running Ford power? (I hope)

CTtoPA
10-02-2010, 08:10 PM
Still running Bruneau Ford power.

skbob
10-02-2010, 09:21 PM
so I'd venture to say that Bob Cuneo is no longer with them as an adviser.
I'm at least a week & 1/2 behind in Florida with AARN.
who is left running CD cars on the tour? just the 1 car?

Rentawrench
10-02-2010, 11:16 PM
Wade,Jake, Glen Reen--- L.W. Miller in the South

dually
10-03-2010, 12:07 AM
Richie Pallai

BigMac
10-03-2010, 08:21 PM
I don't know about anybody else but I thought today's events sucked. The Late Models were a horror show. The Sks were the Sks. I felt like I was watching a practice session by the end of that event. The tour race could have saved the day but ended up being a letdown in the end too IMO.

Analyst
10-04-2010, 03:38 AM
:disgusted I find it very easy to agree with you Big Mac... Of the last 50 laps of the tour race, 60% were run under caution. Once we waited over half an hour for the wall to get fixed, the last eight laps were a total non event except for Mike Stefanik almost outright dumping Todd Sezededy in turn one with a lap or two left. We have Todd to thank for immediately whipping his car straight again and not causing the 7th caution (and possibly more caution with the green-white-checker) in the last 50 laps.

To summarize the end of the event in a different light, fans sat in their seats for an hour and got to watch 20 laps of green flag racing and six of those were the field coming down to take the green. IMHO, the race was a complete abomination...

I wonder how Mr Excitement will make this race exciting when it airs on Versus TV. If you intended to watch their production, be sure to stock up on the NoDoz...

grinch
10-04-2010, 07:29 AM
some days are diamonds.............some days are stones........:)

bud
10-04-2010, 08:55 AM
Guess the same could be said here too about the diamond thing. Off weekend all the way around.

Bob T. Racer
10-04-2010, 12:16 PM
:disgusted I find it very easy to agree with you Big Mac... Of the last 50 laps of the tour race, 60% were run under caution. Once we waited over half an hour for the wall to get fixed, the last eight laps were a total non event except for Mike Stefanik almost outright dumping Todd Sezededy in turn one with a lap or two left. We have Todd to thank for immediately whipping his car straight again and not causing the 7th caution (and possibly more caution with the green-white-checker) in the last 50 laps.

To summarize the end of the event in a different light, fans sat in their seats for an hour and got to watch 20 laps of green flag racing and six of those were the field coming down to take the green. IMHO, the race was a complete abomination...

I wonder how Mr Excitement will make this race exciting when it airs on Versus TV. If you intended to watch their production, be sure to stock up on the NoDoz...

What do you mean,almost outright dumping him. Steffy plainly just got rid of him!!! I guess Chicken Little and NASCAR want to see Steffy win another title. That was as obvious as it could be and no penalty, what a surprise. And how about taking 8 laps to get going after a simple spin. All day long they couldn't get the races started without wasting laps under the yellow. At least the other divisions got going after a lap or two after a caution. Maybe the tour could learn something from the track officials,but I doubt it.

Magicshoes12
10-04-2010, 02:05 PM
Todd didn't immediately whip his car around, Santos just received the white flag when Szegedy got going again, because he was waiting for the caution. A buddy of mine whose father helps out in the v4 pit said the entire team was surprised the caution didn't come out. And as far as handing Steffy the Championship I don't think so...more like hand it to Santos. How on a restart he's 4th and a caution comes out for something in turn one on that restart and they Revert back to the previous lap and give Preece the lead back and Rudolph second but somehow Santos is third. I didn't get that...Do they have different scoring lines at Stafford?? In the end of all things it seemed like after the fence work the WMT Officials just wanted the race over. In my opinion they gave Bobby that race right at the end. But I am a fan of it...It was a great race....long green flag run!! Great to see Eric Beers do well and run upfront for awhile. See you all at Thompson for the World Series!! 37 points is the difference!! Should be a great one!

BigMac
10-04-2010, 02:33 PM
What do you mean,almost outright dumping him. Steffy plainly just got rid of him!!! I guess Chicken Little and NASCAR want to see Steffy win another title. That was as obvious as it could be and no penalty, what a surprise. And how about taking 8 laps to get going after a simple spin. All day long they couldn't get the races started without wasting laps under the yellow. At least the other divisions got going after a lap or two after a caution. Maybe the tour could learn something from the track officials,but I doubt it.

The caution laps were out of control. There was spin around lap 135 where a car spun and the field came back around and they were almost double file again ready to go but Nascar had them circle around a bunch of times for no reason. Seriously, Nascar doesn't need to open the pits and go thru all that nonsense with less than 20. Its too bad because it could have been an exciting finish with the guys who got tires catching up to the guys who stayed out. I'm not sure Nascar gave the championship to anyone though. The 4 did what he was supposed to, he drove away with it. I think they call that putting an explanation point on a championship.

Sicklajoie
10-04-2010, 03:15 PM
This regime running the Tour is turning the races into a circus. Why can't they get their act together? Bad enough that laps are being wasted at Monadnock and Riverhead riding around under yellow but Stafford, too? I'm sorry, but it's refreshing to me to go to a MRS race, have a simple spins cleaned up in 2-3 laps then cross'em up and go green. Not the BS that the WMT is turning into. It's not fair to the competitors and it's definitely not fair to the fans.
Not helping the situation was the fact that the entire day of "racing" in general (not just the WMT) at Stafford was some of the worst "racing" I've seen in a long time. Just how many times did someone spin, sit, wait for a yellow then magically pull away when the flag came out? As usual, respect for fellow racers was severely lacking. And Chris Jones wasn't even there... LOL

Sicklajoie
10-04-2010, 03:23 PM
Another thing that bothered me (LOL) was why did Bobby Santos feel the need to block the 16 in his pit stall during their pit stop? I like Bobby, but that was a bush league move, especially when he had the first pit stall so there was plenty of room in front of him.

Magicshoes12
10-04-2010, 04:00 PM
Another thing that bothered me (LOL) was why did Bobby Santos feel the need to block the 16 in his pit stall during their pit stop? I like Bobby, but that was a bush league move, especially when he had the first pit stall so there was plenty of room in front of him.

Not just because I'm a Stefanik fan, but my dad is a big Santos Fan (Fun Season for us) but even my dad said that was kinda crap....i dont know how you guys felt about the big wreck that broke the fence but in my eyes bobby didnt like all the bumping from Silk and checked up a little and it trickled back into the big thing...but as far as an exclimation point on the championship...its not over yet...can't count out a guy who has 7 championships in the modified tour....he has them for a reason!! Oh and where is Ryan Preece when you need him LOL!!!

Bobby1717
10-04-2010, 04:23 PM
It's amazing how Stefanik was bad mouthing Preece a while back in the papers for not showing enough respect on the track. Look what he does to Todd. Maybe he felt Todd doesn't deserve his respect. Be careful what you say to the media because at the end you will look like a fool.

JEFF
10-04-2010, 04:38 PM
Dont forget when old stiff neck took out jamie when jamie was leading the sizzler. If you cant show respect for jamie or todd who can you show respect for Newman ?

Howie
10-04-2010, 04:45 PM
It's starting to get a little rough here, don't ya think? Let's make your posts with the respect you are are speaking of. Thanks.