PDA

View Full Version : 09/30/10 - Rob Janovic Jr. looks towards Speedbowl’s Budweiser Modified Nationals

RGeeProductions
09-30-2010, 12:03 AM
2007 track champion seeks first win of 2010

As Rob Janovic Jr. puts the finishing touches on another top finish in the Waterford Speedbowl’s SK Modified® season standings, the 2007 champion also looks ahead to the year’s final – and biggest – race of the year. The 14th annual Budweiser Modified Nationals takes center stage October 8-10 as part of the track’s Finale Weekend. The weekend of racing hosts 10 divisions including the SK-150, which pays the winner $5,000.

Janovic currently sits third in the division standings, buoyed by another season of consistency. The Waterford native comes off a recent streak of five 3rd place finishes out of six Saturday night 35-lap features. He hopes that same late season effort carries over to the 150, where he’s been shut out of the top ten the past five times in the race. Janovic still seeks his first triumph in the Mod Nationals.

“It seems we always run into some type of trouble in the 150” according to Janovic. “The 51 has been real fast the last half of this season, so I’m looking forward to turning my fortune around in the Modified Nationals”.

Janovic also looks to keep an eight-year streak of recording a win alive. Thus far the veteran has been winless in 2010, however 13 top-five finishes keep him knocking on the door. With two races remaining – this week’s Saturday Night Showdown and the Budweiser Modified Nationals – he’d be happy to end it on a high note. But he also approaches his race strategy cautiously.

“I’ve seen this race play out every way possible – a ton of green flag laps, a choppy race, to everything in between” offered Janovic. “I’ll try to get to the front early, but methodically. I’ll race with an eye on the wallet too though. But man, it’d be nice to head into winter with $5,000”.

The 14th annual Budweiser Modified Nationals takes place October 8-10 boasting a purse of over $20,000. Practice on Friday leads into qualifying on Saturday by way of time trials for the top-20 with the fast qualifier earning a $500 bonus. A consolation race rounds out the 26-starters for Sunday’s 150-lap event. For more information please visit Speedbowl.com (http://www.speedbowl.com).

Waterford Speedbowl