PDA

View Full Version : Another eventful day

Danger83Ranger
10-02-2010, 08:37 PM
awesome day today, things seemed to go very well. track conditions were not that bad at all. I do have one complaint though, as usual.:lol: are radios mandatory? the one red flag, I began coming to a slow stop on the backstretch when out of no where, I was rear ended HARD by the black and pink car, she than proceeded to go around me and didnt not stop until half way through corner 3. I stopped at the beginning of the backstretch just past the yellow dead car. she was not put back behind me. i can only assume this was not seen by any officials, which is fine, its tough to keep track of that many cars. but it was the most ridiculous thing ive seen this season, well almost lol. it was a hard enough hit to knock my radio out of its holder. i didnt care too much, saw steam from her hood after the incident so I shrugged it off, my rear bumper can take a hit. basically my point is, there is no way that her reaction time could have been so poor to cause an incident like that, just curious if a radio was in that car and if they were 100% mandatory.

and joe, had a lot of crackling coming from your radio again, but whoever came on the radio with you during the "wave" lap, was loud and very very clear. this led me to think that your radio was the issue possibly? i could still hear you, just a lot of crackling with it so it should not have effected anyones judgement.

all in all, it was a good day. congrats to the winners

dirt37
10-02-2010, 08:48 PM
i was running without a radio and it was a challenge to know when the red was thrown. i am sure the caution lights are easily seen at nite, but daytime on the inside of the track, fegetaboutit.

critter
10-02-2010, 08:59 PM
thats a no no , u need a radio i thought ?????

dirt37
10-02-2010, 09:17 PM
it appears that i may have been black flaged for my red flag infraction as i was only scored for thirty some laps. have to wait for mylaps to be posted and figure that one out.

Danger83Ranger
10-02-2010, 09:24 PM
not to sound retarded, but who are you dirt37? lol, are you new to neets or am i just out in left field, (im usually in a slow pace) lol

edit: nevermind, i looked at your profile. im retarded for sure...

mcstockcar
10-03-2010, 12:02 AM
I didnt use my radio last time due to the fact that every time i bring it, I cant hear a dam thing just crackling! I ALWAYS watch the flaggers and lites as Im running. I never have a problem that way.

PINKandBLACKcar
10-03-2010, 09:37 AM
Ranger, I'm sorry I didn't get a chance to get on the computer yesterday... I was celebrating my birthday.

I wanted to apologize for hitting you. I was having issues with my radio yesterday and didn't see the caution light in time. I hope I didn't cause any damage to your truck, the last thing I want to do is cause damage to someones car. Ive had my share and i know it takes a lot of time and money to fix it.

Good job yesterday, your truck seemed to be running great!

See ya' next race!

Poppop
10-03-2010, 11:59 AM
:cheers:Happy birthday Tiffany, hope it was a good one for you.

I think I need to appologize to a few people too, my crew said I was being a little too pushy out there and I had no ill intentions for anyone. I think I got into the 93 when I could have avoided it, so sorry Steve. I guess all that Naftzinger power went to my head.:lol:

Poppop

PINKandBLACKcar
10-03-2010, 01:03 PM
thanks! Yes it was too good... I'm definitely feeling it this morning LOL :(

CJfilms
10-03-2010, 06:44 PM
First off, yes, they are mandatory....

Again, I am beginning to hate scanners....LOL.....When I am in the tower, I have two radios on me. One I use to communicate with the officials and another I keep free to talk to the drivers.

I am usually standing right on top of the lap counter to keep the board updated, and that 1950's machine screws with the signal BAD!!!! So, I usually stand awkwardly over the machine with my radio on my back side while having my butt stick back as far as possible to prevent interference.....imagine a cute girl in a miniskirt doing that pose, but really it's me.....it sucks....

Yesterday, I was in the flag stand, so Mark Garman lended his voice over the in-car radio...which was a HUGE help!!! The time I came over the radio during the pace laps I was hearing a lot of the motors buzzing over my headset since it's so loud....that's one of the reasons I did not try to talk again.

Shannon, as for the transponder, two things....one, did you rent one? I'm sorry, but I don't have that paperwork in front of me as I type this to know... And two, send me an email of the details of your day on the track...how many times in the pits, how many spins, etc....the more the better.

All in all it was a good day! Happy B-day to the B-lack and pink girl...who just turned 21!!! ;)

Danger83Ranger
10-03-2010, 07:10 PM
I didnt know it was your birthday, Happy late Birthday! legal to drink now i see, lol. Im not worried about it, like I said, since im rear wheel drive, there isnt too much in the rear that cant get hurt. Thanks for the compliment, the truck did run really well this race. You looked pretty good yourself, avoided all the trouble and stopped cars we had on the track. id say for most of the drivers, it was a pretty successful day.

Joe, why were you flagging? The one red flag when I was stopped right at the start/finish line, I was waving and yelling at you "skook" but you didnt hear me. I shouldnt have been trying to take your attention away from the track either...lol. I wouldve gave you the finger, but thats just not nice, and too many witnesses and kids in the stand...hahahaha

CJfilms
10-03-2010, 07:48 PM
Well Danger.....this can only mean one thing.....I'm going to have to moon you from the stand! Let's see if I can pull it off without being caught! LOL!!!

PINKandBLACKcar
10-03-2010, 09:14 PM
Thanks... I'm really 27 ha I was joking about being 21.

CJfilms
10-03-2010, 09:21 PM
He he he!!! Well, I just couldn't say that.....you know there is no way a guy can mention a girls age without consequences......CONSEQUENCES!!!! LOL!!!!

NeetsSpectator
10-03-2010, 10:00 PM
Heres a cool picture.
Video to come later.

Erin C
10-03-2010, 10:15 PM
WOW! This shot looks like the cars may have gotten hooked based on the bumper coming off...Can't wait to see the footage.

Danger83Ranger
10-03-2010, 10:19 PM
joe, ive seen your arse one too many times...please, no more. and pink, you shouldve stuck with 21, most people never would have figured out your true age lol. i wish i could get away with telling people im 21. im realizing that those days just are not going to happen anymore. :lol:

nice pic spectator, i cant wait to see your videos. i hope the driver in the 7 car is ok, i walked back to the pits to leave a lap or 2 before the incident, so I did not see what happened, heard it was a brutal accident though.

Poppop
10-04-2010, 06:05 AM
:confused:Was Dave the only one taking any pictures on Saturday? Not to put him down in any way, but the GSP video's show so much more about how the whole show ran and help me to make changes in the way I drive if I can to eliminate mistakes. I know how I hit the wall coming out of turn four and I know why too, so I don't need reminding. It's just one of the dumb things I do some times.:lol:
I could get a good idea how things ran from mylaps but you always have to wait till the next month to get that.

Poppop

Erin C
10-04-2010, 07:42 AM
Unfortunately (well not unfortunately for him!) Gary has video rights at Big Diamond and on days of conflicting schedules that he knows he can't make both he will be bound to Big Diamond and since the Diamond Nationals was this weekend he was there.

As for still photos, we had Kurt Spotts filling in for Jamie as October 2nd was her wedding day!

Poppop
10-04-2010, 08:41 AM
Wow! I hope she didn't have to work her own wedding.:lol:

Poppop

NeetsSpectator
10-04-2010, 10:09 AM
:confused:Was Dave the only one taking any pictures on Saturday? Not to put him down in any way, but the GSP video's show so much more about how the whole show ran and help me to make changes in the way I drive if I can to eliminate mistakes.

Gary has better concentration than I do, He also has a wireless microphone to pick up the announcer.
I can hardly hear the announcer when the race is running.
I'm just trying to get all the action shots and follow certain cars throughout the race.

Joe suggested that I do the videos when Gary wasn't there.
I have the equipment to do it but I could never do as good of a job that Gary does.

I did see some other people shooting video.
I think Danger Ranger said he has someone filming for him.

punchy
10-04-2010, 10:19 AM
f all days I get to be video'd, when my wheel falls off!:help:

NeetsSpectator
10-04-2010, 10:37 AM
f all days I get to be video'd, when my wheel falls off!:help:

Your car ended up stopping right in front of me on the back stretch.
I may have to bleep the audio. :lol:

Poppop
10-04-2010, 10:43 AM
Jen, your wheel must have gotten loose on that long drive to the track.:lol:

Poppop

punchy
10-04-2010, 10:53 AM
yes POP POP I think you may be right :lol:

I might have said some nice words sitting there!

3gracing
10-04-2010, 10:54 AM
I was taping from the 4th turn. Pretty much turned the camera on and left it run. I was able to capture from the back stretch, 3rd & 4th turn and some of the front stretch. I only videoed the 4 cyc race.

mcstockcar
10-04-2010, 08:02 PM
Another acrobatic feat eh? Hope all is well with the driver!

enduroracer131
10-04-2010, 08:34 PM
The driver of the 7 was fine after he crashed, he wanted to keep racing but the car was stuck in the mud, the car started right up when he tried, but it was sunk.

gary243
10-04-2010, 11:04 PM
Sorry I couldn't be there. I'll be at the next one on October 23rd.

Erin C
10-05-2010, 07:49 AM
Not to worry, Gary...conflicts happen, we are all grateful for your services =]