PDA

View Full Version : Is Santos car out of box during pit stop?

blackls6
10-06-2010, 05:09 PM
Was santos car out of box during his pit stop at Stafford's Fall final?
Looking at Jim Dupont photo's from the race it looks like both rear tires are out of box!
Where they keeping the 16 from exiting pit?

modfan4ever
10-06-2010, 08:29 PM
The way it looks the 4 was blocking the 16 in his pit,mike had no chance getting out without backing up....(so is this called good sportsmanship between friends)

CTtoPA
10-06-2010, 09:50 PM
I suppose it's better than dumping someone with the hope of getting a caution and double file restart with 2 to go?

NONCENT$
10-07-2010, 07:12 AM
1. Bobby had only the RR tire out of the box, which is perfectly legal.
2. Stefanik's front bumper was right on the forward line of his pit box, leaving very little room for the car in front of him, to enter.
3. Stafford's pit boxes are very small.
4. As Bobby was coming to a stop, his tire carrier/changer jumped over the wall in front of him, and that may have caused him to stop sooner than he wanted.
5. There was no complaint (that I have heard about) from Stefanik, who by the way, punted Szegedy for no apparent reason.
I dont think there are many drivers on the tour that drive cleaner than Bobby, have as much talent, or keep their emotions in check as well as he can.

Bob T. Racer
10-07-2010, 09:47 AM
1. Bobby had only the RR tire out of the box, which is perfectly legal.
2. Stefanik's front bumper was right on the forward line of his pit box, leaving very little room for the car in front of him, to enter.
3. Stafford's pit boxes are very small.
4. As Bobby was coming to a stop, his tire carrier/changer jumped over the wall in front of him, and that may have caused him to stop sooner than he wanted.
5. There was no complaint (that I have heard about) from Stefanik, who by the way, punted Szegedy for no apparent reason.
I dont think there are many drivers on the tour that drive cleaner than Bobby, have as much talent, or keep their emotions in check as well as he can.

You hit the nail right on the head, like Todds backside got hit by Stefanik.

skbob
10-08-2010, 09:26 PM
3 days after the race, does it matter?
you ask questions like that, look at some pictures from the early 90's, you'll get a good laugh.