PDA

View Full Version : World Series or Twin State

Magicshoes12
10-08-2010, 07:02 AM
I am going to the World Series but what Drivers are going to Twin State??

I heard Matt Hirschman will be at Twin State for Rowan

anyone else hear anything about any of the other drivers?

mattphoto
10-08-2010, 09:20 AM
I will be at the world series

limodmaniac
10-08-2010, 06:27 PM
i would love to go to Twin State, because I think it's a great track for modifieds. The last time they had a modified race it was up against Stafford and I don't think it was well attended. To schedule one last minute, the same weekend as Thompson probably isn't the best scheduling move. If they had run it on Saturday I would have been there in a heart beat. But this year, it's a no brainer. Thompson , all the way.

skbob
10-08-2010, 09:36 PM
the MRS might have scheduled it that way to keep the tour drivers from messing with the championship points with only 2 races left

MJProcko
10-09-2010, 03:02 PM
This is just another "thank you" from Jack to Don for scheduling the MRS twice. Virtually none of the MRS guys showed for Don's open shows despite there not being a conflict and on the biggest short track weekend in the state, the World Series. A race where many teams that don't race at Thompson during the year mark on their calender and Jack again makes sure his boys have a reason not to show.

bud
10-09-2010, 07:22 PM
Not going to help at lee

bud
10-09-2010, 07:31 PM
Not going to help at lee

uticamike
10-09-2010, 08:52 PM
This is just another "thank you" from Jack to Don for scheduling the MRS twice. Virtually none of the MRS guys showed for Don's open shows despite there not being a conflict and on the biggest short track weekend in the state, the World Series. A race where many teams that don't race at Thompson during the year mark on their calender and Jack again makes sure his boys have a reason not to show.

MJ, kind of confused by your post. Why would guys who don't run the Whelen Tour

(the regulars I'm speaking) now want to show up for this race? The MRS was

formed to fill the need of those who didn't want or couldn't afford the NASCAR

Tour. Also, why would guys running their own tour want to jepordize their cars

on those Thursday's ? Not everybody can pony up a 75.00 pit pass. Can you

imagine the howls that would be heard if a MRS guy lunched a motor in front of

Bobby Santo's or Steffy? If it were to rain that weekend ,do you thing Don would

hesitate to reschedule againt Lee? Think about it.

wmass01013
10-10-2010, 08:57 AM

You keep harping on this JACK OWES DON A THANK YOU
The only reason Hoenig schedules the MRS at Thompson is because HOENIG can have a MODIFIED RACE at his track for a MUCH SMALLER PAYOUT, than the WMT, if ANYBODY owes A thank you its HOENIG to BATEMAN for letting that happen.
If you remember that the reason the MRS was formed was because TWIN STATE/CLAREMONT threw the mods out so i am sure that BATEMAN AND FLEURY are not having cigars and cocktails over the way to screw DON HOENIG

burtmyers1
10-10-2010, 09:46 PM
If you were wondering which race to go to Burt Myers just answered that question for you.

The Dirty South is coming back!

Axel
10-10-2010, 10:21 PM
nice. Looking forward to the rebels coming up north and the supermodifieds.

bud
10-11-2010, 07:42 PM
Newman coming?

MJProcko
10-12-2010, 02:25 PM
MJ, kind of confused by your post. Why would guys who don't run the Whelen Tour

(the regulars I'm speaking) now want to show up for this race? The MRS was

formed to fill the need of those who didn't want or couldn't afford the NASCAR

Tour. Also, why would guys running their own tour want to jepordize their cars

on those Thursday's ? Not everybody can pony up a 75.00 pit pass. Can you

imagine the howls that would be heard if a MRS guy lunched a motor in front of

Bobby Santo's or Steffy? If it were to rain that weekend ,do you thing Don would

hesitate to reschedule againt Lee? Think about it.

If a MRS guy launched a motor in front of Santos or Stefanik he launches a motor in front of them -big deal, what's your point?.... Heck if it's one of Jack's motors then cha-ching!

MJProcko
10-12-2010, 02:41 PM
You keep harping on this JACK OWES DON A THANK YOU
The only reason Hoenig schedules the MRS at Thompson is because HOENIG can have a MODIFIED RACE at his track for a MUCH SMALLER PAYOUT, than the WMT, if ANYBODY owes A thank you its HOENIG to BATEMAN for letting that happen.
If you remember that the reason the MRS was formed was because TWIN STATE/CLAREMONT threw the mods out so i am sure that BATEMAN AND FLEURY are not having cigars and cocktails over the way to screw DON HOENIG

Hoenig did have 4 open modified races at his track for about the same payout as a MRS race and half the distance. 3 or 4 cars from the MRS supported it, none I would consider full timers. He didn't put them up against the MRS shows - I'm sure he scheduled them to attract them them. It's not in Jack's interest to see these shows succeed as the could encourage Don to go to a bigger schedule next year. Combine that with Monadnock bi-weekly shows and it hurts his series.

gomodsgo
10-12-2010, 03:48 PM
They are BOTH modified races. Just attend ONE of them.

If your closer to Thompson, then go there.
If your closer to Claremont (or can't afford Thompson) then go to Twin State.

Just GO support MODIFIED RACING!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jaws
10-12-2010, 03:55 PM
They are BOTH modified races. Just attend ONE of them.

If your closer to Thompson, then go there.
If your closer to Claremont (or can't afford Thompson) then go to Twin State.

Just GO support MODIFIED RACING!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:applause::applause::applause::applause::applause:

oleblue
10-12-2010, 06:42 PM
will be at thompson with the camper. only half hour from home. would go to both if i could. nothig better than modified racing.
:)

bud
10-12-2010, 08:33 PM
I'll be at twinstate. How can u beat all the different winners and the points battle. Burt who....lol

uticamike
10-12-2010, 10:37 PM
If a MRS guy launched a motor in front of Santos or Stefanik he launches a motor in front of them -big deal, what's your point?.... Heck if it's one of Jack's motors then cha-ching!

My point?? Your kidding ...right? I can just imagine the pizzin and moaning IF a MRS guy messed up the Whelen Tour Points battle. That's all you would read on here for weeks. We can see you don't care for Jack which is fine, some of the MRS regulars are not fond of him either. Not all of them like racing at Thompson or Stafford or
Albany/Saratoga. Be happy you have choices there in NE. Me...I'll be at Shangri-La II for the Fall Brawl. If I lived in NE I'd be at TSS in a heartbeat.

phillie
10-14-2010, 07:36 PM
look out for the black helicopters....lol

I will be at TSS it is 3 minutes from my house. I love World Series Weekend at Thompson too this didn't make me very happy but Mods at TSS I am there.

GO DJ!

MJProcko
10-16-2010, 02:08 PM
286 cars in 15 divisions!!!!! 37 WMT cars!!!! The WMT champion to be crowned!!!! Super Modifieds!!! The New WSMT champ on hand!!!! A short track racing fan's wet dream!!!!

Mapquest says its only 1355.16 miles and 22 hours door to door ( I can beat 22 ez) Just got to fill up and pack the cooler, oh and a jacket..... YES!!!

um whats that dear? yes I did go to CT twice this year already.... um oh ok, nevermind - you guys have no idea how lucky you are.....

Axel
10-16-2010, 06:51 PM
i hear ya MJ. If I lived in CT i think I would be divorced!

Makin' the 4.5 hour trek up tomorrow and looking forward to it!

nwtroyer39
10-17-2010, 12:54 PM
**THIS JUST IN**

Preliminary negotiations with the warden (wife) for the 2011 vacation season has put an early lead to a solo trip for me to Thompson for the World Series weekend!!!

We made the trip in 2008 for our wedding anniversary and had a blast!'

man i hate living so far away from the northeast modifieds. sure we have some troyer cars and 1 stefanik over hear but it is NOT the same.

MOD JUNKIE
10-17-2010, 03:16 PM
I live in NC now but went to Stafford for a tour race for the first time in over 20 years this summer and it was a great race (early summer).
Thinking I will get to the World series next fall at Thompson and its been over 20 years since being there but a great race weekend it is, wish I was there now.

Jaws
10-17-2010, 10:25 PM
Anyone who went to Thompson was very happy, one of the top 2 races of the year for sure.

Thought Colby had them covered until the end when TC passed him for the lead.

A few more laps and it would have been a battle between TC and Ryan Preece who came from 30th to 2nd.

Racing all over the place and very few cation laps.

Steffy was strong all day but Santos was right behind him for most of the race.

Races like this make you want 2011 come sooner than later.

limodmaniac
10-17-2010, 10:46 PM
Yup I agree.. Really impressive runs by both Doug Coby and Ryan Preece, and an outstanding bus trip with Ted Baxter's race tours.

Armadasx
10-17-2010, 10:56 PM
coby did have it covered till that motor pretty much let go.lost all power and had to be pushed back into the pits but still came away with 3rd.

Teds Race Tours
10-18-2010, 11:50 AM
Yup I agree.. Really impressive runs by both Doug Coby and Ryan Preece, and an outstanding bus trip with Ted Baxter's race tours.

Thanks to the 30 Great Modified Fans for trusting their day to TedsRaceTours.com, and for making the day fun. Thanks also to you LIMM for bring some great Modified DVD's for the ride.

It was definately one of the best races of the year(behind maybe Bristol), and possibly the best race I have ever seen at Thompson. Points Drama. Great runs from DEEP in the pack(Preece and Coby). Very Few Cautions, and an amazing run bt TC, who looked like he was fading, but found the will to win. 140 lap race Coby would have won. 160 lap race Preece would have won. I hope TV got all the great racing and side stories, as it would be a shame if it doesnt translate to television as good as it looked from the grandstand.

2011, I can't wait.

Bobby1717
10-18-2010, 12:29 PM
By far this was the best race in a long time. There was a dry spell lately of some bad / boring races this year. I'm glad to see that the drivers raced those who were contending for the title hard but clean and they didn't pull over like there was a cop behind them like last year.

Axel
10-18-2010, 02:52 PM
great race-- agreed that it was one of the best i'd seen in a very long time. Lotsa stories, lotsa drama and lotsa good racing!

Fun day, nice weather, lotsa mod fans.

RGeeProductions
10-18-2010, 06:59 PM
great race-- agreed that it was one of the best i'd seen in a very long time. Lotsa stories, lotsa drama and lotsa good racing!

Fun day, nice weather, lotsa mod fans.

Only part I didn't enjoy was carrying around 1 1/2 lbs of kielbasi without finding a home for it during the autograph session. Finally gave it to Fran in the infield, who lovingly accepted it! LOL
BTW: Was very glad to see ya Alex... been way too long.... can you say Riverhead show this year... please....

Axel
10-18-2010, 07:26 PM
richie-- i owe ya a kielbasa! Sorry i missed you bud. Didn't see Fran either.

Remember I was at Riverhead this year, but I don't think you saw my West Ham United hat!

RGeeProductions
10-18-2010, 07:31 PM
richie-- i owe ya a kielbasa! Sorry i missed you bud. Didn't see Fran either.

Remember I was at Riverhead this year, but I don't think you saw my West Ham United hat!

But you have to stay AFTER the race.... it will be well worth it....

ModTourMan
10-19-2010, 10:34 AM
A great race Sunday indeed...one of the best I've seen of many great races at Thompson through the years! Great weather, great friends and great Modified racing. It truly doesn't get any better that that!

Axel
10-19-2010, 12:51 PM
Hey -- isnt that avatar a pic of Nikolai Volkoff wearing the Mad Bomber hat?

In Soviet Russia, Mad Bomber hat wears YOU!

Jaws
10-19-2010, 12:53 PM
Hey -- isnt that avator a pic of Nikolai Volkoff wearing the Mad Bomber hat?

Thought it was Yakov Smirnoff myself.

Axel
10-19-2010, 03:59 PM
It's actually Mad Dog Vachon.

What a country!