PDA

View Full Version : Maple Grove Raceway

Danger83Ranger
10-08-2010, 11:49 PM
A little off of our normal topic, but since I know some of you on here are drag racing fans, is anyone going to the Toyo Tire Nationals at Maple Grove this weekend? I'll be there all day tomorrow. Should be a good time.

Danger83Ranger
10-09-2010, 05:45 PM
awesome day at the grove. ive uploaded all the pictures I took, will upload some videos as well. Its all on my facebook, search me and friend request me, if you cant find me, send me a pm and I will be of further assistance.

Philter39
10-09-2010, 11:03 PM
Glad u enjoyed M grove. I could hear them from work on Friday and work is in Morgantown 8 miles away. Give me a dirt oval any day over any sport. Hey Danger Ranger you have been much faster lately. phil

Danger83Ranger
10-09-2010, 11:47 PM
Thanks Phil. Actually, I have heard from a few people after this past race that I have been faster. Im actually running almost identical lap times as I have been all year. For the first 5 races this season, the injectors in the truck were dumping too much fuel for some reason and the motor would bog at half throttle and higher. I would be lucky if I could get past 50 mph. I replaced the injectors and the motor runs great throughout all RPM's and im still running low to mid 50's with the pedal down on the floor. Also, this past race, I swapped my tires around (I have 2 newer tires and 2 more worn tires on the truck) so that the 2 newer tires were on the rear instead of having the 2 newer tires on the right side. This took away my steering ability to a certain extent but gave me more traction on the wet surface for the first 15 laps or so. Maybe I should just take the hit and buy 2 more good tires lol. But what can I say, I have 800 dollars into the price of the truck and building it, I cant complain at all. This past race was my 4th, 13th place finish out of 7 races this season...that has to be a record...:lol: I cant wait for mylaps to be updated to see how my laps were this most previous race.

see ya next race

R.Haring
10-10-2010, 07:25 PM
if you need tires give me a call i got all sizes in 14s and 15s for 30 each still with stickers on them. also have plenty of snow tires in most sizes. if you are interested let me know and i can post my number for you

Danger83Ranger
10-10-2010, 09:11 PM
i appreciate the information, but with only 1 event left in the season, im not going to add anything new to the truck. ive bought, built and maintained the truck for the past 2 seasons for under $800 total. which is one thing i love about this sport. but i will keep you in mind, if I ever get out of "retirement" from work, I plan on running next season. lol. thanks

rgarner
10-10-2010, 09:25 PM
I would be interested in some 235/70R15 or something close to that. If you have any let me know.. maybe bring them on the 23rd?? Thanks

R.Haring
10-10-2010, 09:39 PM
if anyones interested give me a call or text and tell me you run neets so i know who you are and i can check what i got. just tryin to help people out i know how expensive tires got. 6107391651 is my cell

greenflag
10-11-2010, 08:58 AM
I actually went to Numidia Raceway on Saturday and will be putting some pics up on my facebook. It's a lot cheaper. Just $7 to get in, and you may not get to see top fuel dragsters, but you see dragsters going about 180 mph and all types of cars. I agree with Phil, dirt track racing first, but its nice to check out the drag strips every once in a while.

Danger83Ranger
10-11-2010, 11:40 AM
same here, I only get to a drag strip maybe once or twice a year. I get to the dirt tracks a good 30+ every season with the mod team and 8 with the enduros. very expensive...lol