PDA

View Full Version : Mylaps is up

Poppop
10-14-2010, 07:29 AM
:)I just checked and found that mylaps is up. It's a little goofy with the messed up transponders but it's better than nothing. I guess there was some manual correction done to the final results cause it doesn't agree with the lap chart figures.:lol:

Poppop

rustyboltz6
10-14-2010, 10:08 AM
If MyLaps is the "Final Word" and can never be changed or altered, how can a car win a race, the #36, and not even be scored with the rest of the field for that race? :confused: If manual scoring is going to be used for 5 or 6 cars, it should be used for all cars, at least as a way to check the electronic scoring for errors, and there are errors. I know if our electronic results would have been double-checked throughout the season by a manual score sheet the points as they currently exist would be different. There was one other car in the Top 10 that had no information either. With the entire Top 10 in points being so close and after having completed 7 races these issues shouldn't be happening any longer!! :cool:

Erin C
10-14-2010, 10:35 AM
Shawn, I think Joe explained at the drivers meeting why we were being EXTRA careful the last race with people helping me in the tower with anyone with weak signals...the transponders we rented were for karting, not full sized cars...it was a mistake on our vendors part for not remembering this race and this was all he had left in stock, it was an unavoidable mistake and we had to make due with what we could get our hands on. In 85% of the cars it worked perfect but there were a handful that it didn't and these are the ones that we watched. This is not going to be the norm...it was a fluke incident that we had to change up how we do things to ensure that we are as fair and accurate as possible with the situation at hand.

Danger83Ranger
10-14-2010, 11:29 AM
well all I can say is you gals in the tower must have big ca-hones :lol:. never would I attempt to manually score cars because I know I would screw it up, id walk away to buy some fries and completely forget I was scoring...:lol: I say kudos to you for doing your best considering the circumstances. it takes a lot to run these shows and you guys/gals do a great job.

I do agree with you poppop, it is pretty wacked lol. for example, the 51 of larry spencer in front of me, is being shown finishing on lap 93, 5 laps down and finishing 10 minutes faster than the rest of the field. lol. his best lap time was on lap 17 when the track was wet and is considerably slower than the cars behind him. seems to be that way for a lot of cars, there laps down does not agree with the laps completed. my transponder is from a late model team used at grandview, so I know mine works ha! they sure are expensive though...

Erin C
10-14-2010, 11:54 AM
Thank you Mike...makes me feel a little better...it was quite a trying day for us...just seemed that anything that could possibly go wrong did and all at once but we got through it and I am just very happy to all of the people that helped us so much through out the day! I feel bad because I know I was asking random people to do random things for me and they did it without question...:applause:

richardpetey
10-14-2010, 06:26 PM
Its that "dirt" it gets into everything your mouth, eyes, nose and transponders..................:eek:
Especially, that GV substance, its not even safe enough to grow those terrible tasting french fries they serve at the place....................:help:
UNCLE PETEY...........................:wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

Danger83Ranger
10-14-2010, 06:57 PM
ive always wondered if i missed a lap before or not. before the past 3 races, i accidentally cut the mount for my transponder so that the hole was towards the front of the truck. this left my transponder vulnerable to the mud, it was so caked every race, i was scared it wasnt transponding...lol. i fixed that tho half way through the season. as for the fries, there so greasy, i think i could put them in my gas tank and run them as an alternate fuel. :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Poppop
10-14-2010, 07:14 PM
:wave:Is this where the car salesman gets to say. Would you like fries with that?:lol:

Philter39
10-14-2010, 09:33 PM
The transponders may be expensive at $400 but mine has paid for itself after awhile renting them you could have paid for your own. I like how Linsey had a faster lap time then ALL of the 4 cylinder cars phil

Danger83Ranger
10-14-2010, 09:56 PM
I got lucky and only paid $80 for mine. paid for itself very very quickly

CJfilms
10-15-2010, 10:27 AM
Another problem that Erin didn't mention is that we are ...STILL.... having issues with drivers that have their own units.

We told EVERYONE to cut a bigger hole in their floor boards....the problem is, we see a 2x2 hole cut and we cay cut it bigger and they come back with a 2.5x2.5 hole....bigger means bigger that what it is!!!! AND NOT BY A LITTLE!!! Cut a hole 4 inches by 4 inches, what's the worst that can happen...we might get a good signal?

Straight up and down...the meaning never changed to mean on an angle....if the unit is leaning one way or another....re-mount it.

Use the brackets we lend you....Duct tape and zip ties holding the transponder against the metal flap isn't going to cut it....in fact, without any separation between the METAL flap and the unit...you are most likely blurring the transmission just by doing that....

The bottom of the unit is to be even with the floor of the car, no metal below it....when the unit is being mounted on the trunk firewall or midway up the center hump...I guess you missed this part...when there is anything between the bottom of the unit and the dirt...there will be interference.

Those are the rules......

For the MUTHA...
Everyone has had SEVEN races this year alone to get this right...turn 2 officials will be noting transponder mounting when the car enters the track. IF the unit is not mounted correctly and does not pick up, you will be notified and either you go to the pits to fix it or ARE NOT SCORED. If the unit is mounted correctly, blinking green and doesn't register, you will be notified and can either go to the pits or be hand scored...we will hand score and we will choose WHO we will hand score...too many cars and we will have to cut it off....

IF you run with the unit hanging by a thread and we tell you you are not being scored and you finish the race in what you believe is a top 5 finish...you will not be placed in that position...you will be placed behind all of the still running cars at the end of the race.......this does not apply to cars that pull off at lap 2 or dead cars....obviously. :-B

Sounds like we're being harsh, doesn't it? We try to do it kindly and give everyone the benefit of the doubt when their units are not working properly or our units are not working properly...but, in the end, we usually take a beating over doing the right thing for one or two drivers...

The 36 was hand scored and shown to be the leader from watching the whole field...based on the calls that were coming from the tower, the 2nd place car that was identified when the 36 took the lead...did not re-pass the 36. I usually don't put my foot down and say, what is final is final, but in this case...it kind of is.

The final call here....sometimes transponders are mounted correctly, blinking green, register on the pace lap and never pick up beyond that...or stop for no reason on lap 37... I've been told this can be caused by "hard impacts cause the unit to malfunction", "mis-mounted units get jarred around and out of position", "the unit fell off" and my favorite, "it can just happen for unexplainable reasons"... The units have a +90% accuracy...so there is a chance your unit is one of the -10%...there is a chance it can be your own unit or it could be one you rent. There is no way to tell until it happens.

Some drivers this season have had no luck with transponders...sometimes their unit works perfectly in their small car and not in their partner's big car...sometimes our unit worked fine in their small can then not in their big car and vice versa being OK with the big and not the small.

We do all that we can to assure you are scored correctly without just saying mylaps is final, we don't listen to anyone's complaint. When we know a car is running at the end of the race with the ten-twenty cars still going and the computer is showing them in last place with only 3 laps registered....we do the right thing and fix that for that driver...it may not be the most accurate way to do it, but it's better than telling someone who earned a top 10, 5 or better..."go home you lose, next time fix your own problem".

rpkulik
10-15-2010, 03:58 PM
I am one of the lucky ones who has had very few transponder problems...until this year. I was really puzzled until I realized that I had moved the unit up to get it out of the Mud. The 'antenna' was even with the floorpan AND NEVER WORKED! I lowered the unit and faced it backwards (to help protect it from the mud) and now I have no problems. So I suggest that the unit should be at least a half-inch BELOW the floorpan, if you are having issues.