PDA

View Full Version : Silly season

limodmaniac
10-16-2010, 07:07 PM
Rumors , I' ve heard them all....

Canada... an oval or a roadcourse?

Old tracks... Dover, Richmond , Indianapolis

Road course... Watkins Glen, NJ

Standards... only 3 at Stafford? or 4 like usual? 3 at Thompson or do they get one back?

New Tracks? Iowa?

What have you heard? I know they can't all be happening. Which ones do you think will come to be?

skbob
10-16-2010, 10:34 PM
it all comes down to thinking like Nascar does; lets just keep these guys happy, throw them a little bone & they'll love it. that sucks
Canada? how many crew members do you think can get a passport?
who will pay the $250 per person for a passport for 1 race?
Dover?, Richmond?
in 01 or 02 when we ran Richmond with the IRL & USAC Silver crown cars we ran last & didn't get out of there untill 2am.
you stand a better chance of getting more people by mowing the grass on Nazareth & charging $5 admission to stand & watch than you would by charging $40 at Iowa
I don't think Wades flatbed Ford would make it to Iowa & back
running the modifieds at an ISC track?
I don't see that happening.

did anyone else notice that a 9 time national champion was again not voted into the Nascar HOF?
the only one who I know who voted for him both times was Ernie Saxton. thanks Ernie
like I've always said if it don't have fenders, it don't count at nascar

skbob
10-16-2010, 10:45 PM
I know Iowa is owned by cRusty Wallace & Nazareth is owned by ISC.
just to keep the arguements down.

JWfor8x
10-17-2010, 01:30 PM
I never expected to see Richie elected to the NASCAR HOF this year. That's okay by me though, because as a fan since I first went to the old Freeport stadium in the late 1950's as a kid, I can't think of any racer that I have seen who was any better than the Rapid Roman and that includes all of the drivers elected so far. I'm not saying that Richie was better than them either, just that he was as good. The modifieds are looked upon by those voters as the minor leagues, so Richie doesn't get the votes. Maybe in 3 or 4 years he will, but I doubt it. Meanwhile, I'll watch the modifieds when I can and ingnore the Cup as I have done for years.

did anyone else notice that a 9 time national champion was again not voted into the Nascar HOF?
the only one who I know who voted for him both times was Ernie Saxton. thanks Ernie
like I've always said if it don't have fenders, it don't count at nascar

Rabbit504
10-17-2010, 05:17 PM
My Question about the "Silly Season" would be who's driving what in 2011.
Is Preece driving the 3?
Is Santos driving the 4?
Is Civali driving the 79? (Yes he is).
Is Stefanik driving the 16?
Is TC driving the 36?
Who's not running in 2011.
Who is?
That's the stuff the "Silly Season" is for me.
Any answers?

BigMac
10-17-2010, 06:19 PM
Nobody was going to give that information up before today's race was over. We'll see what tomorrow brings.

CTtoPA
10-17-2010, 06:49 PM
Passports are not $250. They're about half that and they're good for 10 years.
Nazareth has no standing structures left from what I hear.

Magicshoes12
10-18-2010, 10:03 AM
Nazareth Speedway in Mid June 2010

http://img233.imageshack.us/img233/2122/g30nfr5edx2b56.jpg

http://img229.imageshack.us/img229/1893/uypc62fsr4tp40.jpg

http://img146.imageshack.us/img146/163/ydtg8kj775x655.jpg

http://img231.imageshack.us/img231/6122/sxo0red55lrn17.jpg

NWMT PR
10-18-2010, 01:27 PM
Thanks to everyone for your continued support this year. Great crowd for a great race at Thompson! I do believe that was the best race I've seen at Thompson in my time with the Tour.

There is certainly a lot of intrigue to keep us all guessing this offseason. We'll be sure to get the 2011 schedule out as soon as all of the ink is dry. I won't be able to confirm or debunk any rumors in the meantime, but if any tracks announce their schedules before our entire season schedule is completed, I'll make sure to note it on here.

Thanks again!

Jason Cunningham
NWMT PR

Jaws
10-18-2010, 01:46 PM
Thanks Jason, but we don't want anything official too early.

It would spoil all our fun!

Plus I think we are going to create a rumor pool sponsored by LImodmaniac.

BigMac
10-18-2010, 02:42 PM
Confirmed 2011 events: Any others?

16 July: NHMS

24 Aug: Bristol

24Sept: NHMS

MOD11RACER
10-18-2010, 03:32 PM
My Question about the "Silly Season" would be who's driving what in 2011.
Is Preece driving the 3?
Is Santos driving the 4?
Is Civali driving the 79? (James has been tight lipped with me)
Is Stefanik driving the 16?
Is TC driving the 36?
Who's not running in 2011.
Who is?
That's the stuff the "Silly Season" is for me.
Any answers?

#5 Tom Rogers Jr. the Riverhead Modified Champion will run full time with the WMT in 2011 with his own team or with another team to form a two car team.

It looks like the #4 SK Modified team that runs @ Waterford will move up to compete on the WMT full time in 2011 with Ron Yuhus Jr. doing the driving. They have two new Troyer Modifieds in the stable for the 2011 Season.

Jaws
10-18-2010, 03:58 PM
Confirmed 2011 events: Any others?

16 July: NHMS

24 Aug: Bristol

24Sept: NHMS

Riverhead I believe the last Sat in July.

Rabbit504
10-18-2010, 04:18 PM
#5 Tom Rogers Jr. the Riverhead Modified Champion will run full time with the WMT in 2011 with his own team or with another team to form a two car team.

It looks like the #4 SK Modified team that runs @ Waterford will move up to compete on the WMT full time in 2011 with Ron Yuhus Jr. doing the driving. They have two new Troyer Modifieds in the stable for the 2011 Season.

Don't know of Tom Rogers, But good deal to get Yuhas on the Tour.
He's a Racer

limodmaniac
10-18-2010, 05:50 PM
After that race yesterday at Thompson , I'm ready for a 24 race schedule , but I know that will never happen. But, being silly season....here's what it could look like.. I tried to include every rumor I've heard ( though I left out Watkins Glen, trying to keep roadcourses back to back )

March 19 - Bristol

April 3 - Thompson

April 17 - Stafford

April 29 - Richmond

May 14 - Dover

May 21 - Charlotte (1/4 mile)

May 27- Indianapolis

May 29 - Iowa

June 25 - Mondadnock

July 2 - Berlin , Michigan/ Canada ( lets' make it a long weekend )

July 16- Loudon

July 30- Riverhead

Aug 5 - Stafford

Aug 13 - Loudon

Aug 18 - Thompson

Aug 24- Bristol

Sept 2 - Mansfield, Ohio

Sept 10 Thompson 300

Sept 17/18 Lime Rock

Sept 24 - Loudon

Oct 2 - Stafford

Oct 16 - Thompson

BigMac
10-18-2010, 06:58 PM
Dover, Iowa, Richmond,Watkins Glen and Bristol (spring date) have all posted their schedules and started selling tickets. No mods. Not that something couldn't happen down the road but I don't see it. I see the same schedule plus or minus one or two races (as usual).

TourFan Ed
10-18-2010, 10:15 PM
Stafford had their standard four dates in the fall Final program. Heard from what should be a reliable source 18 races in 2011. Add Lee NJ road course. A track in Canada and a track in Michigan. Assuming 3rd NHMS no Martinsville.

Jaws
10-18-2010, 11:16 PM
Michigan is the new one, are they charting a cargo plane to fly the cars out? Don't forget Bristol 2 in March.

Lee would be awesome.

mattphoto
10-19-2010, 06:13 AM
monadnock does have a date for next year it will be on june 25th

BigMac
10-19-2010, 07:04 AM
monadnock does have a date for next year it will be on june 25th

That's a great date for Monadnock. I'm thinking Lime Rock and NJ on the following two weekends. That would put the road courses back to back.

fastbackss
10-19-2010, 08:10 AM
If Michigan, my presumption would be Berlin Speedway as they have hosted ISMA races. Having been there, it is a wonderful facility.

From Stafford, it is 50 miles further than Bristol (provided you do not go through Canada, at which point it is actually 15 miles less).

I still would like to see the Mods at Toledo Speedway. Not much further than Mansfield, a crowd that comes out in droves for the annual Supermod race (which had been ISMA until this past year), and a racy, fast track. Just don't see it happening with the track being owned and operated by ARCA.

Oh - and if the Tour does come to Berlin (or even Toledo), I have a feeling that my friend LiquidBread and I will be in charge of entertainment! (Provided that someone furnishes Pork Roll)

Axel
10-19-2010, 12:50 PM
Oh - and if the Tour does come to Berlin (or even Toledo), I have a feeling that my friend LiquidBread and I will be in charge of entertainment! (Provided that someone furnishes Pork Roll)

If i can make it, it will be bearing pork roll sir! See ya at the Turkey Derby?

NWMT PR
10-19-2010, 05:27 PM
Nothing definitive, but Mark Allard from the Norwich Bulletin reports Thompson plans to maintain three dates ...

Hoenig said the NASCAR Whelen Modified Tour schedule will remain essentially the same with the season-opening Icebreaker event and the finale, the World Series. The August Tour stop will have to be changed from this year as the Whelen series will be used “to support” — although NASCAR officials would never use that terminology — the Indy Car event at Loudon, N.H., which happens to fall on the Tour’s normal stop at Thompson. Hoenig said the August date should be finalized shortly.

GLC050
10-19-2010, 08:34 PM
Limodmaniac Tour......48 with Tony Hirschman would love this schedule. We would be back in a heart beat.

mattphoto
10-19-2010, 08:41 PM
That's a great date for Monadnock. I'm thinking Lime Rock and NJ on the following two weekends. That would put the road courses back to back.

I like the monadnock date also for next year glad its not the weekend before my cousin is getting married and if I missed that I would have a lot of explaining to do

Teds Race Tours
10-19-2010, 10:12 PM
Dover, Iowa, Richmond,Watkins Glen and Bristol (spring date) have all posted their schedules and started selling tickets. No mods. Not that something couldn't happen down the road but I don't see it. I see the same schedule plus or minus one or two races (as usual).

I'm done Bus Trips to every Spring race since 1999, and Bristol has certainly added various events over the years. The Last few Seasons, its be that "Legends" of Nascar event that almost got someone killed last year. I wouldn't be surprised to see a race added in its place. Since Bruton seems to love the mods, it would make sense.

Teds Race Tours
10-19-2010, 10:15 PM
Nothing definitive, but Mark Allard from the Norwich Bulletin reports Thompson plans to maintain three dates ...

Hoenig said the NASCAR Whelen Modified Tour schedule will remain essentially the same with the season-opening Icebreaker event and the finale, the World Series. The August Tour stop will have to be changed from this year as the Whelen series will be used “to support” — although NASCAR officials would never use that terminology — the Indy Car event at Loudon, N.H., which happens to fall on the Tour’s normal stop at Thompson. Hoenig said the August date should be finalized shortly.

We all realize the Indy Cars are supporting the Mods.

MJProcko
10-20-2010, 01:11 AM
I think the mods could get an open wheeler or two in the Indy weekend race.. Maybe Kevin Manion can repaint the car from Mennards to Go Daddy for a race...

BigMac
10-20-2010, 06:54 AM
I'd suspect Kevin and company will be in Watkins Glen for the Cup race that weekend.

NWMT PR
10-20-2010, 05:23 PM
Whelen Southern Modified Tour returning to South Boston along with the K&N Pro Series East ...

http://www.gazettevirginian.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=1926:south-boston-speedway-unveils-2011-slate&catid=37:sports&Itemid=55

limodmaniac
10-20-2010, 06:12 PM
Wow, sure hope they increased the purse on the Southern Tour. I actually called South Boston last year and told them how I travelled a long distance to see the show( the mods) and couldnt' believe how little they were paid compared to the K and N Series. The best part of the conversation was the comment about how the people who worked there thought the modified people were more polite and respectful. Too bad they decided to have the K and N series back. That money could have gone where have been appreciated.

And I guess if the Whelen Tour up north will be travelling so much ( like the K and N) that the announced million dollar point fund will be made at the same time the schedule is released.

MOD11RACER
10-20-2010, 08:27 PM
If Michigan, my presumption would be Berlin Speedway as they have hosted ISMA races. Having been there, it is a wonderful facility.

From Stafford, it is 50 miles further than Bristol (provided you do not go through Canada, at which point it is actually 15 miles less).

I still would like to see the Mods at Toledo Speedway. Not much further than Mansfield, a crowd that comes out in droves for the annual Supermod race (which had been ISMA until this past year), and a racy, fast track. Just don't see it happening with the track being owned and operated by ARCA.

If it means anything the only NASCAR short track in Michgan is Kalamazoo. Berlin is not a NASCAR track.

Jaws
10-21-2010, 12:57 PM
OK, Limerock is in but will they be back to back with Milville in NJ?

limodmaniac
10-21-2010, 06:28 PM
After that race yesterday at Thompson , I'm ready for a 24 race schedule , but I know that will never happen. But, being silly season....here's what it could look like.. I tried to include every rumor I've heard ( though I left out Watkins Glen, trying to keep roadcourses back to back )

March 19 - Bristol

April 3 - Thompson

April 17 - Stafford

April 29 - Richmond

May 14 - Dover

May 21 - Charlotte (1/4 mile)

May 27- Indianapolis

May 29 - Iowa

June 12 - Lee

June 25 - Mondadnock

July 2 - Berlin , Michigan

July 10 - NJ Road course

July 16- Loudon

July 30- Riverhead

Aug 5 - Stafford

Aug 13 - Loudon

Aug 18 - Thompson

Aug 24- Bristol

Sep 3 - Canada( Picking oval over road course since Nascar said it would try to keep the road courses back to back, to prevent crews from having to switch things back and forth)

Sept 10 Thompson 300

Sept 17/18 Lime Rock

Sept 24 - Loudon

Oct 2 - Stafford

Oct 9- Mansfield, Ohio

Oct 16 - Thompson

So updating the rumor mill with dates that supposedly are true ( or at least really good guesses)

April 3 - Thompson

April 17 - Stafford

May 27 - Stafford

June 25 - Monadnock

July 16 - Loudon

July 30 - Riverhead

Aug 5 - Stafford

Aug 14- Loudon

Aug 18- Thompson

Aug 24- Bristol

Sept 18 - Lime Rock

Sept 24 - Loudon

Oct 2 - Stafford

Oct 16 - Thompson

gmac19
10-21-2010, 09:10 PM
from a very strong source that bristol wants to have two dates im sure thats old news but they wanna run the mods in march

mattphoto
10-21-2010, 09:24 PM
stafford's spring sizzler will be may 1st I believe

limodmaniac
10-22-2010, 08:45 PM
2 thoughts .. Why would stafford wait until May, unless they are getting rid of the Memorial Day race?

and I hear the NJ road course race may not happen now.

Again, just rumors , nothing more...cuz it's silly season time

Sicklajoie
10-22-2010, 08:48 PM
2 thoughts .. Why would stafford wait until May, unless they are getting rid of the Memorial Day race?

Because Easter is April 24th next year.

Jaws
10-23-2010, 01:08 PM
from a very strong source that bristol wants to have two dates im sure thats old news but they wanna run the mods in march

I think if they want they will probably ge tit but it should be a Friday or Sat race, having to get to Bristol mid week 2X will be a killer. Maybe they have a South only race?? It would be better than Atlanta or Charlotte.

BigMac
10-23-2010, 04:10 PM

Doesn't Stafford always run the last weekend in April and then the following Friday night? Just happens that May 1st falls on a Sunday. Qualifying will still be in April (Saturday).

mattphoto
10-23-2010, 09:54 PM
when they had the tour dates in the fall final program for 2011 wmt tour dates they listed april 30th as a qualifying day and may 1st would be feature day

mattphoto
10-23-2010, 09:55 PM
remember to easter is late next year

Sicklajoie
10-23-2010, 11:16 PM
remember to easter is late next year
Is there an echo in here? :)

mattphoto
10-27-2010, 03:53 PM
stafford's schedule to be released this friday

limodmaniac
10-28-2010, 06:08 PM
Can't wait until we get some word tomorrow about what Stafford has planned. I'm guessing it will be very similar to this year, 4 Whelen tour races and one Bob Valenti MRS race.

BigMac
10-29-2010, 09:51 AM
Looks like two MRS races, June 24th and Sept 9th. 80 lap affairs

Jaws
10-29-2010, 01:06 PM
All we need is the official Thompson schedule and the Canada date and we all set.

Passport Information http://travel.state.gov/passport/

Don't wait until the last minute.

I also believe an enhanced licence will do the trick.

Jaws
10-29-2010, 01:07 PM
Looks like two MRS races, June 24th and Sept 9th. 80 lap affairs

Ironic that was the original Spring Sizzler race length.

MOD JUNKIE
10-29-2010, 05:09 PM
Chevy teams will have SB2 engines to upgrade the 25 yr old motor they use now. (I wish)

This is silly season.....right ?

RacnJason00
11-09-2010, 11:52 AM
Passports are not $250. They're about half that and they're good for 10 years.
Nazareth has no standing structures left from what I hear.

I have my passport Booklet not the card and it cost 120 bucks but I also know the prices have gone up, I think a passport for my 7 year old son is like 100 bucks and only good for 5 years

Magicshoes12
11-09-2010, 12:07 PM
Just saw on facebook....They will be releasing the WMT and WSMT Schedules this week!!!! Will Delaware Speedway be on there?? How about Lee?? Bristol twice?? Can't wait to find out!