PDA

View Full Version : *2010 Top 5 Race Final Scoreboard*

RGeeProductions
10-20-2010, 08:12 PM
1. Final Scoreboard can be found here (http://www.thechromehorn.com/news/2010/features/2010top5/2010top5_14_thompson.htm).

2. Points will not be final till 10/27/10. This gives a chance for the Top 10 to check that all is correct. I have corrected a few mistakes over the season and tried to triple check the final points, but would like those who played to verify* this also. After 10/27/10, points are official. *If anyone finds an issue changing the Top 5 finishers, please PM me here, in the forum.

3. THANK YOU to all who played the Precision Automotive/TCH Top 5 contest. We had roughly 60 people play regularly throughout the season. We had a pretty tight top 20 most of the season.

4. THANK YOU to Precision Automotive, Linda & Norm Case for the opportunity to make this contest possible. Linda & Norm are the best and play a huge part in The Chrome Horn itself, not only this contest. If you have a street rod, a race car, boat, restore job, please see Precision Automotive for your next new or rebuild motor.

KickinAsphalt
10-20-2010, 11:17 PM
Congrats to the top 5...Well earned

Honorable mention: Pitgirl
for being the highest ranked female of the bunch

BIG THANKS to Linda & Norm case for sponsoring again this season as well !!

Bob T. Racer
10-21-2010, 09:59 AM
Thanks to Linda and Norm for the contest,it was a lot of fun. Especially when you can't make it to all of the races live. Also,thanks to Richie for the hard work he puts in of figuring out the points every week!

Precision Auto
10-21-2010, 10:34 AM
I enjoy playing as much as sponsoring the Top 5 contest. Especially when I get to have a "mini contest" within the real contest. That being The Touched Trio - between TBax, Axel and myself.

Year #1 went to me - Years #2 and #3 went to Axel - and due to my excellent strategy - I win again this year - by 1 point over TBax........:applause: So the Lirpasti Trophy will make it to Connecticut this year. Linda happy :lol: TBax baffled :confused: and Axel just plain disgusted :disgusted.

However, in the spirit of our Touched Trio game-within-a-game, I will donate $25.00 to the charity of choice for TBax and Axel. Let me know your charity.

The Big Winner was Bob T. Racer, who very generously donated their winnings to The Victory Junction Gang Camp, in memory of Greg's mom and Tom Baldwin, Sr. A great gesture.

All in all, it was a fun year, which will be repeated again next year. I'm trying to talk Norm into doing our picks for 2011, but he doesn't want me to come in last, so it's up to me again!

Again, thanks to all who played and to Richie for all the work he puts in. The contest will be official on October 27th, so checks and letters will go out on October 28th........Linda and Norm Case

Precision Auto
11-01-2010, 10:42 AM
I apologize to the Top 5 contest winners who have not received their checks.
Last week was hectic (okay, it partially slipped my mind!).

Checks are going out in the mail today.........again thanks for playing.......Linda

limodmaniac
11-07-2010, 05:26 PM
I think I finished somewhere like 50th this year, but I would like to thank 3rd place finisher TourMods. Not only does she let her husband hit up all these races with me, but she sends me the 100 dollar check for her 3rd place finish. The 100 bucks will go right into the Riverhead tour race for 2011. Thanks again Debra!