PDA

View Full Version : Why doesn't WMT change to one day shows

Bobby1717
10-21-2010, 01:47 PM
I do not see the reason why the WMT has to do these two day shows. I went to a few World of Outlaw shows this year (sorry longislandmodmaniac) and they do everything in one day. All of the teams got about eight laps of practice and then they started time trials. There reason is to cut costs. I was pulling into Williamsgrove for the Nationals and the haulers were pulling in with me. They don't hang around at the track for five hours before they get to go on the track. I was telling my family out there who now follows dirt but once followed the WMT but stopped once Evans passed and they could not believe the number of tires they use in a weekend show or a one day show, and the purse they race for. You would think with this economy they would try to do more things that may be more cost effecgtive for everyone

limodmaniac
10-21-2010, 03:42 PM
Probably because the tracks think they can make a buck on the two day shows. I know some of the M R S people feel the same way and it even makes more sense to eliminate the two day shows there. ( except the Seekonk race, lol, so we can go slick tracking)

I never go to both days of the two day shows. I'm not sure how many people do.

I think it would be better almost to run half of your divisions one day and the other half on Sunday.. Like at Twin State, they could have run the mods and another divison or two on Saturday.. Then all the rest on Sunday.

Teds Race Tours
10-21-2010, 04:51 PM
tracks can still have 2 day shows, and just have the Mods race on one day.

PitGirl35
10-21-2010, 07:22 PM
Sometimes it's inconvenient when there's a 2 day show, but at the same time I figure if I'm going to spend the money to get in, I might as well go both days. Even though on both days there's a lot of nothing to do because they make the teams wait so long because they make them get there so early.

oleblue
10-21-2010, 09:29 PM
usually the two day shows are the beginnig and end of year shows. in my opinion these are the best. bring up the camper and enjoy the weekend of great racing and great people

MJProcko
10-21-2010, 09:31 PM
After watching the race on VS, looking at the capacity crowd in the stands, the fantastic racing, reading about there being 286 cars in 15 divisions!!!!! 37 WMT cars!!!! A new WMT champion crowned!!!! The Super Modifieds!!! looking at the photos of all the campers in the parking lot I think back to the days being so happy to be at the World Series that I'd sleep freezing my butt off in the Buick Riviera. You'd be amazed the race fans you'd meet camping there. Not sure what I could find to complain about here.....

RGeeProductions
10-21-2010, 10:04 PM
After watching the race on VS, looking at the capacity crowd in the stands, the fantastic racing, reading about there being 286 cars in 15 divisions!!!!! 37 WMT cars!!!! A new WMT champion crowned!!!! The Super Modifieds!!! looking at the photos of all the campers in the parking lot I think back to the days being so happy to be at the World Series that I'd sleep freezing my butt off in the Buick Riviera. You'd be amazed the race fans you'd meet camping there. Not sure what I could find to complain about here.....

YUP! I am with you on that!

oleblue
10-22-2010, 12:30 AM
amen to that!!, nothing better that camping at the track . have meet many people and look to forward to seeing them at the track every year. now with facebook get to stay in touch all year long