PDA

View Full Version : So, did you like (appreciate) the TV coverage???

FrankR105
10-22-2010, 12:01 PM
Sure, the TV version of the Thompson race left a lot to be desired, it still was great (like sex and pizza), and it's the next best thing to being there, right? Whether you liked the coverage or not (Hindsight is ALWAYS 20/20 vision), if you're a true Modifed fan you had to appreciate the fact that it was there for the asking, and you really should zip off more than a few emails saying how great it was and how much you're going to patronize their sponsors' products.
DO NOT TAKE THIS FOR GRANTED, guys, we've been waiting for a long time for recognition, and this is how it's going to happen.

I thought the radar gun on the front stretch was an incredible idea - they should have it at NH to show how much better the Mods are than the taxis (yeah, right!).

Also wondering what is up with Jackie Arute, does he have early Alzhiemer's or what, calling Steffy, Mike Christopher, and calling Coby a lapped car when he was in front of TC. Pretty unforgivable, and sad - at least WE know what he meant, not sure about someone watching in Kansas. Hopefully he doesn't do those kinds of things when he's covering Indycars.

Anyway, again, remember to show your appreciation for Versus AND Speed to bring Modifieds into America's living rooms and try to make them mainstream.
Maybe even send a nice note to Ryan Newman for shaking things up.

'Nuff said.

MJProcko
10-22-2010, 12:48 PM
I enjoyed all the races on Speed and VS and I have turned more than a few people on the the mods from watching them. I thought maybe since they edit the race maybe they could also overdub the announcing too. Heck, do you even have to be at the track to announce? They could add it in later. But then you would not have gotten Steve Park in the booth.

BChat
10-22-2010, 01:53 PM
I enjoyed the TV coverage a great deal. The Mods broadcast from Bristol was one of the best TV races I've seen in many a year, great race, great coverage.

I have enjoyed Versus coverage also and appreciate their putting the races on. As mentioned already, the radar gun was a plus, but the audio level of the announcers was a minus. Seems to me the audio level was too low at times.
Versus needs to tune up the technical part of the broadcast.

Much as I tend to dislike Jimmy Spencer, he seemed to improve as the year went on.

limodmaniac
10-22-2010, 05:13 PM
Love it, but nothing like being there. And I just love Jimmy Spencer, whenever he talks about a guy being a bit over aggressive. Talk about forgetting....Still one of my top ten least favorite modified drivers to this day.

bud
10-23-2010, 12:29 AM
Jimmy was awesome. Never forget him loaning Evans a backup car and Evans beat him that night. Do u see the 36 team loaning a car to santos. Not....lol

kinserfan11
10-23-2010, 04:34 PM
I liked all the tv stuff and dont forget the Martinsville Va race is on Speed Nov 11 at 6pm est :D

JRARACE
10-24-2010, 10:41 AM
Also wondering what is up with Jackie Arute, does he have early Alzhiemer's or what, calling Steffy, Mike Christopher, and calling Coby a lapped car when he was in front of TC. Pretty unforgivable, and sad - at least WE know what he meant, not sure about someone watching in Kansas. Hopefully he doesn't do those kinds of things when he's covering Indycars.

Not Alzheimers - Just a MAJOR BRAIN FART- Two in fact No excuses - But I am glad that we were able to spotlight the Modifieds this season. They are the true "Hidden Gem" in the NASCAR Crown.

Now, lets hope that this season was just the beginning.......................:)

Jaws
10-24-2010, 07:39 PM
I have them all on the DVR and will watch them all many times this winter.

Tucknut
11-06-2010, 03:26 PM
Anyone know if Versus will be re-airing any of the races during the off-season?