PDA

View Full Version : October 24th

chrome horn
10-24-2010, 10:44 AM
25 years ago today, the modified community lost it's King. God Bless Richie and his family today....Long Live the King

mattphoto
10-24-2010, 11:19 AM
wish I got to see him race before my time his legacy will always live on

RGeeProductions
10-24-2010, 03:08 PM
Artwork by Reid Grodski (http://www.reidonly.net/photography/)
http://www.thechromehorn.com/graphics/evans_forum.png

Bob T. Racer
10-24-2010, 08:36 PM
Some drivers in this day and age call themselves the King, but there will never be anyone but Richie that will be the KING of Modified drivers !!! Sorry SKs don't count!!!

Precision Auto
10-24-2010, 08:44 PM
Some drivers in this day and age call themselves the King, but there will never be anyone but Richie that will be the KING of Modified drivers !!! Sorry SKs don't count!!!

Ditto from Norm and Linda :cool:

Steve in NC
10-25-2010, 01:53 AM
When Smoke was driving the Home Depot Gibbs car I remember the broadcasters would sometimes say, "Here comes big orange."

I always wanted to hear Mike Joy correct them and say, "The real big orange was from Rome, NY". Never heard anyone ever make mention of it though.

I still wonder what NASCAR is thinking about all the beating and banging going on and watching TV ratings and fan participation dwindle. Buy yet Evans and Cook were bitter rivals and never got into it on the track with wrecked race cars. Fans still talk about those races to this day.

The formula for success has been shown to us many times in the past with those 2 drivers and many others.... but most these days just fail to embrace the fact that real racing sells. Now they are using the beating and banging to sell modifieds for a reality TV series.

RIP Champ! Bobby did the mods proud this year and drove like the Champion he turned out to be.

Steve

KChez
10-25-2010, 10:02 AM
Maybe I missed it, but I didn't hear a mention of Richie leading up to or during the Martinsville race. :mad: