PDA

View Full Version : Won't see that again...

CJfilms
11-01-2010, 09:16 PM
Anyone at the Screamer over the weekend?

I can assure you that the race you witnessed or raced in will not be the type of race you will see so long as NEETS races there!

If you don't know what I'm talking about, ask around....it won't take much to understand why I am trying to let EVERYONE know NEETS does not run like that....at all.

Well, that was one way to go out with a bang.....

See you at the Gobbler....the NEETS Gobbler!!!!
http://www.neetsracing.com/events/11-28.htm

A69pizzoo
11-01-2010, 09:50 PM
explain yourself. what do you mean?

CJfilms
11-01-2010, 09:54 PM
We WILL use the black flag for intentional spinning and wrecking....

This is directed mainly towards the Big Car race......the Small Car race was much cleaner!

Congrats on the win!

A69pizzoo
11-01-2010, 09:56 PM
i saw the wrecking being done and let me tell you i think its bull****. i agree bring out the black flag.

thank you i had a great time. hopefully i can make a neets event out at svs.

A69pizzoo
11-01-2010, 10:15 PM
I see the rules for neets but it looks like its for dirt. r there gonna be different rules for asphalt?

Erin C
11-02-2010, 07:21 AM
The rules for this race are open comp style...these are the only "tech" rules (straight from the info page):

Pre-Race Tech/Safety Inspection!!!
This is not the "run of the mill" NEETS enduro! Below is a BRIEF description of the rules...please see the FULL SET OF OPEN COMPETION RULES.
Brief descrtiption of the rules:
1) Safety Rules:
A) All cars must meet NEETS Safety Regulations.
B) HOMETRACK EXCEPTION applies here, see full rules for details.
2) Class
A) All cars will be divided into two classes: Small Cars and Big Cars.
Small Cars - Less than 104" wheelbase
Big Cars - 104" or greater wheelbase
3) Body
A) Cars must be steel bodied and/or have stock fenders.
B) No aftermarket body parts or race bodies. No fabricated sheet metal fenders.
C) As always, no tires cutters, sharp edged body parts must be smoothed out.
4) Tires
A) All cars must have Street Approved DOT Tires.
B) No racing tires or Towel Re-treads. No American Racing Tires with DOT Stamp.
C) Tires with DOT stamp must be approved for street use, any tire that reads "For racing purposes only" will not be permitted.
5) Engine, Suspenion and Transmission are OPEN COMP.
A) There will be no restrictions in these areas.
B) However, NEETS Officials can deem vehicles unapproved if they feel the safety of the driver, or other drivers, will be compromised by allowing the vehicle to race.
6) Minimum car counts:
Less than 25 cars = 75 laps
25-50 cars = 150 Laps
More than 50 cars = 200 Laps or 2 Hours

Full rules for this event:
http://www.neetsracing.com/rules/opencomp.htm

RacinRob
11-02-2010, 11:41 AM
But Joe, racing is a full contact sport! Lmao that race was a joke. "it just an enduro race" right?

The Bullfather
11-02-2010, 06:18 PM
If anyone knows about the black flag, it is Pizzo hahaha sorry brother had too!:lol:

Jaws
11-02-2010, 06:41 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nk42EY_Nzno

A69pizzoo
11-02-2010, 07:00 PM
thanks alot.

art11758
11-11-2010, 02:21 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nk42EY_Nzno

Damn that was rough. Even for 1988.

WEEZER
11-11-2010, 09:20 PM
Thanks jaws, that was awesome video, and I thought Riverhead was the KING of banana boat montes!!!!

art11758
11-12-2010, 07:40 AM
Thanks jaws, that was awesome video, and I thought Riverhead was the KING of banana boat montes!!!!

Nah. Everybody was looking to survive back then. Full chassis monsters that didn't turn with lots of room for "compression" were the order of the day. Montes and Grand Prix had the most space up front. The idea of actually racing came into play if you survived the first 100 laps or so. Later on as people calmed down a lil it got interesting. 200 laps at the 'head in a 4000 lb ill handling boat wore down the best. The best I ever did in a "big" car was 9th. And that was after several incarnations that didn't work. ;)