PDA

View Full Version : Riverhead Raceway Rewind Tonight at TJ Halpin's!

hollywoodmic
11-03-2010, 10:56 AM
Tonight at 7pm at TJ Halpin's (303 Arrowhead Ln. Setauket 11720) we will be showing the 2010 opening night features from Riverhead Raceway. The winners were Chuck Steuer, Frank Dumichich Jr., Buzzy Eriksen, Tommy Walkowiak, Chris McGuire, and Tommy Sherman. Some of the winners will be in attendance so come on down and join us. Hope to see you! For more info call (631) 521-7547

MSK27
11-04-2010, 02:02 PM
Steve,Did you guys have a good turn out last night?

hollywoodmic
11-05-2010, 08:10 AM
Randy for the first night I must say we had a good turn out. Tommy Walkowiak and family were there, Frank Jr. brought down some folks, Chris McGuire couldn't make it but he sent some people down to support it. Chuck was not able to attend but some of his crew came down as well. I was happy we had about 15 people. The more people hear about it the better it will get. Come on down.

Turbo
11-05-2010, 10:23 AM
I am intending on making it down there one of these nights, will be in florida next week but hopefully some of my friends will be down there to support it. Sounds like a good time.

MSK27
11-05-2010, 10:28 AM
Hey Roger, Where are you going in Fla?

Turbo
11-06-2010, 11:57 AM
Palm Bay to visit my brother

hollywoodmic
11-08-2010, 10:55 AM
This weeks Riverhead Rewind has been postponed. We had another event on the calander already that I forgot about. We will be back at it next Wednesday, and each Wednesday after that. Hope to see you.

hollywoodmic
11-16-2010, 07:41 AM
Tomorrow night November 17th at 7:00 it's week two from the 2010 season at Riverhead Raceway. Come on down and see Week 2 winners, John Fortin Mods, Chris LaSpisa, LM, Chris Turbush, Chg, Tom Pickerell, BB, Roger Turbush, take down their first victories of 2010. Remember if you're a winner TJ Halpin's will buy you and a guest dinner tomorrow night. Come on down, we hope to see you.

hollywoodmic
11-18-2010, 07:47 AM
What a great night we had last night with the Riverhead Rewind. Thanks to Roger Turbush and his guys for coming down. TBax and JBax made the trip as well. Wayne Anderson's crew chief Kenny Lechner and Mike LaMura were in attendance. Hey, Freddie Kraft even came down and drank all of our beer. Billy Wood and his wife Roe made their regular apperance. The best part of the night for me was when I walked behind the bar and looked out to see that Mike Ewantisko had stopped by. It was great to see Mike. He's doing well and looks and feels great. Just as the modified race was starting in walked 2-time Whelen Modified Tour Champion Donny Lia, it was great that he made the trip as well. To sit and hear the stories from Donny, Kenny and Michael is what these nights are really all about. Thanks again to everyone who came out. If you get the chance make the trip, you'll never know who may show up at TJ Halpin's.

hollywoodmic
11-23-2010, 07:40 AM
This Wednesday night at TJ Halpin's on Riverhead Raceway Rewind.......It's the HOF 100 come see a great battle between Ronnie Silk and Tommy Rogers for the win. Mike Bologna (LM), Tommy Walkowiak (BB), and Johnny Gloor (Legends) are all winners. Remember the winners will recieve dinner for two courtesy of TJ Halpin's. Come on down at 7:00 for the 1st race.

hollywoodmic
11-25-2010, 06:04 AM
If you haven't made the trip yet, this should be a night on your calander every week. We had another great night last night. We had the chance to watch some great races. I'd like to thank, Eddie and Connie Partridge for making the trip out, it was great to see them and their team win. Tommy Rogers had a great run for second and he came down as well, that was a great HOF 100 and it was great to have representation from the two teams that battled for the win. The entire Turn 2 Crew was in attendance. Billy Wood and his family came down. Freddie Kraft and David Roys made the trip to check out their modified teams victory. Kenny Lechner, and Mike LaMura of Wayne Anderson's team have made this a regular visit on Wednesday night. I thank everyone for coming out and making this Riverhead Rewind Series such a success. It really is nice to get our racing community together for the races every week.

hollywoodmic
12-08-2010, 06:00 AM
Tonight at TJ Halpin's it's Riverhead Raceway Rewind. Come on down and check out win #2 for Tommy Rogers also win #2 for Arne Pedersen. Daryn Miller takes down his 1st win of 2010 in the Chargers and its Roger Turbush in the Super Pro Trucks. Come on down to TJ Halpin's and catch some winter racing action

hollywoodmic
12-09-2010, 09:15 AM
SO I was sitting at the restaurant during the Legend feature, with two people. I was thinking to myself perhaps I didn't make the right decesion to dedicate Wednesday nights to "Riverhead Rewind". Then it happened, then the "race people" who have done so many times in the past started rolling in. It turned out to be a great night for us and fun was had by all. I'd like to thank, AnneMarie LaMura for stopping bye. 2 time winner Tommy Rogers and his wife Kim had some fun. It was great to see Billy and Roe Wood as always. Roger Turbush showed up with his boys, The Racin Robs......Rob Bader and Rob McCormack. Christi-Jo Mortimer and CJ Lehmann came down for some dinner. The the Pedersen Gang showed up, with Arne and Cindy and their entire crew. Jimmy Wichert from Unique Golf came all the way from Babylon to check out the festivities and Scotty Lehmann, made another appearance.

If you haven't been to a Rewind yet..........next Wednesday may be the one for you. Wayne Anderson was unfortunatley out of his car due to health reasons and Craftsman Truck Series driver Donny Lia took over the keyboards and put on a performance for the ages. Kenny Hyde Jr. won his 1st Figure 8 race, Chris McGuire won in the Chargers and Tim Mulqueen was your winner in the Blunderbusts. We will also see Tom Rogers Jr again who took down the win in the Legend Race Cars. You'll never guess what else we have going on.... we also have a guest bartender that night.........yes a guest bartender named Freddie Kraft. I know I'll be out of liquor when he's done but it should be a blast. Please come on down next Wednesday.

hollywoodmic
12-17-2010, 08:02 AM
It was crazy yesterday so I didn't get a chance to post on what a great night we had. First off I want to say Freddie can come drink our liquor anytime........he's good at it.

Another great turn out for the rewind this week. We had our regulars Billy Wood and the great Ted Baxter, thanks for the support guys. CJ Lehmann and Cristi-Jo Mortimer made their regular apperance as well. Johnny Kraft and his Mom Kathy came down to support Freddie, and Johnny also came to support the folks from Anheiser Busch. It was great to see Connie and Eddie Partridge back for some fun, just two really great people in racing. Eddie said he was only coming in for the free drinks,lol. Thanks to David Roys and Jackie Howard for coming down, hell David put the Christmas lights on the building for us, I appreciate that. Roger Turbush and the boys made the trip again, great to see Rob Bader, Rob McCormick, Frank Scimeca and Short Round. Hey Keri Brunnhozel even made her first trip. Kenny Hyde Jr and his entire gang came down. Kenny congrats on that first win, great to see you. Slim Jim Donalson and his gang stopped bye. Great to see Timmy Mulqueen and his brother-in-law Chris Laspisa and their entire families in. Watching Timmy taking in the Rewind you would've thought he was racing right then, he was so into it. Jerry Solomito and Justin Bonsignore stopped down it was great to see those guys.Then we had the Anderson Gang Mike & AnnMarie Lamura along with Kenny Lecner and the boys, thanks for coming down. Last but never least was the man of the hour, he had such a great run that night and I'm just glad he was able to attend....Donny Lia as always thanks for supporting the restaurant, I really appreciate it.

As you can see this deal is becoming a pretty popular thing. It's a great way to speed up the winter and get everyone together. Thanks again to all, we'll see ya next week. Roger Turbush puts on a show in that 81 Charger car.

RacinRob
12-17-2010, 04:56 PM
For anybody that hasn't gone yet, I highly suggest it. It helps us get through a long offseason. It's a great time to have a drink have some great food and tell stories and watch racing. And also the knicks :). Hope to see more people packin the place out. I know I already have January 12th circled on my calender! Lol

Teds Race Tours
12-17-2010, 06:26 PM
And the Food is AWESOME. The Chicken Tenders/Strips are some of the best Chicken you can find anywhere. And the Sandwiches are super delicious. Stephen is an Awesome Host. A good time is had by all. By the looks of things this past Wednesday, I think he'll need to put in some more tables.

KnK Racing
12-17-2010, 10:10 PM
thanks for having us steve. was something different and it turned out to be a good thing and a great time. cant wait to go again

hollywoodmic
12-18-2010, 08:27 AM
Thanks guys

hollywoodmic
12-22-2010, 09:36 AM
Tonight at TJ Halpin's it's Riverhead Raceway Rewind. Come on down and check out Bill Park with his 1st win of 2010, Roger Oxee wins the Late Model Race, Bill Portney Sr. takes down his 1st Blunderbust win and Frank Dumicich Sr wins his 1st Super Pro Truck race of the year. The race of the night is Roger Turbush gettin...g into his brothers car and coming from last for his 1st ever Charger win. Should be a great night. We start around 7:00

hollywoodmic
12-23-2010, 09:02 AM
Another great night at the Rewind. Thanks again to my usual suspects. Bill Wood and Mike and AnnMarie LaMura. Also in attendance was Rob Bader, Rob McCormick, Frank Scimeca, and Short Round. The Turbushes stopped bye as always great to see Roger, Chris and Buddy. Kerri Brunnhoelzl made another appearance, always great to see her. Dennis Freese from Oval Speed came down without his clipboard. Bill Park brought down his entire crew, want to thanks Bill and Barbara Park, Stacia, and Bill Jr. Adam and Marcelle Wheeler, Dave Wheeler and his wife, Bubba Pantanjo also came down. Making a late race guest apperance were Freddie and Johnny Kraft, did the shots start to flow then. Again this thing gains in popularity every week and I am just so thankful for my racing family and all the support thay have shown me. Thanks guys.

I also have one parting note, as the night was winding down we had an issue with Bubba Pantanjo. Over the past year Bubba has been battling some health issues. While sitting in the restaurant Bubba passed out. He was stabalized and regained conciousness. As Bubba left in the Ambulance he seemed fine. Just keep him in your prayers this holiday season.I just wanted to say thanks to Rob Bader who again was able to help in a situation like this. His quick actions along with those of Bill Park and Dave Wheeler helped Bubba to get back on his feet. Thanks also to all my friends at the Setauket Fire Department for their quick response.

We'll see you next week at the Races. Happy Holidays to all.

Bill Park
12-26-2010, 07:50 PM
Steve, thanks for the GREAT time my crew and I had Wednesday night at TJ HALPINS. Can't wait 'til our next win! I encourage all to put this on your to do list. Get your friends and crew together, do some bench racin' and have a few cocktails. A good time is guaranteed.

P.S. Bubba's fine.

B.P.

hollywoodmic
12-28-2010, 05:37 AM
Thanks Bill. Glad to hear about Bubba. Glad you guys had a great time.

hollywoodmic
12-28-2010, 05:44 AM
This weeks Rewind is a 50 lap Double Pointer for the Modifieds where Tommy Rogers took down the win. In the Legends it was "The Natural" Timmy Solomito's first win of 2010. Scott Maliszewski in Ronnie Langdon's borrowed #90 takes down the win in one of the most exciting Blunderbust Races of 2010 and Chris Turbush after a weeks vacation comes back with avengence to take down the Charger win. Action starts at 7pm. Hope to see you. Remember all winners get a meal for them and one other person on TJ Halpin's

Ka$h25
12-30-2010, 12:00 AM
Had another fun night. Took a night off from drinking (well, sort of) and got to finally try some of the food. I tried the Louisiana Lightning as per the bartenders recommendation and it was spot on. That steal sauce really has some kick to it! Erin also raved about the Chicken fingers and I saw Chris Kessler sweating from the hot wings. We also put a little wear and tear on the quickdraw machine.:cheers:

It's quickly becoming something to look forward to every week. Shame it took me so long to come down as half the season has passed already. Gotta say to anyone who hasn't had their offseason race fix yet, come check it out.

hollywoodmic
12-30-2010, 10:38 AM
Another great night at the Rewind at TJ Halpin's. I just want to say thanks to everyone who came down. It was great to see the Solomitos, Timmy, Linda and Jerry Sr. The Strumpf's made there first visit to Rewind. Kris Holmberg was in the house as always great to see him. My regualr supporters were there as always, CJ Lehman and Christi-Jo Mortimer, great hat CJ. Billy and Roe Wood also made their regular trip. Tommy Rogers was back again with Kim for a little dinner some cocktails and a win. We had a great big table with the Walkowiaks, Scott Malezewski, and Ronnie Langdon as they watch one of the best races I have seen from last year. Great to see Johnny Kraft with Erin and Chris in tow, lay off the Quick Draw guys. This thing must be going pretty well because Dan Jivanelli made the trip with his buddy Bob they made the trip all the way from Southampton. I love talking old races with Danny, he's won some big ones over the years. As always when it happens my favorite part of the night is getting the chance to see Mike Ewantisko, he came down with his son Michael. Mike looks great, feels great and is just great to have in the room. We'll be doing it again next week, come see the winners Frank Dumicich Jr. (Chgr), Roger Oxee(LM), Dave Brigati(Mods), Roger Turbush(SPT) and Mike Mujsce (F-8). Have a great New Year. We'll see ya at the Rewind.

Tommyj16
12-30-2010, 06:30 PM
What about the Fig-8 winner Ernie Manor Memorial Mike Mujsce

hollywoodmic
12-30-2010, 06:40 PM
Sorry Tommy. I didn't see it on the results. So I'll see you and your car owner on Wednesday.

Tommyj16
12-30-2010, 09:46 PM
sounds good

hollywoodmic
01-11-2011, 09:53 AM
It's 4th of July at TJ Halpin's on Wednesday night (Weather permitting). This weeks winners are Rob Bader (Blunderbusts), Brian Doyle (Chargers), Mike Bologna (Late Models) and Donny Lia came from the back again to finish 2nd, while Chuck Steuer takes down win #2 on the season with a great run in the Modifieds. If the weather does not work with us we will show this weeks races next week. I'll keep you posted. Hopefully we'll see ya at the Rewind.

hollywoodmic
01-12-2011, 04:40 PM
The Rewind has been postponed to next week due to the inclement weather. Be safe and we'll see you next week.

hollywoodmic
01-19-2011, 08:37 AM
The Rewind is back on tonight. Racing action starts at 7:00. Come see winners Rob Bader, Brian Doyle, Mike Bologna, and Chuck Steuer take down the wins.

budwieser
01-22-2011, 01:12 AM
I like the updates what happened who showed up on wednesday:confused::confused:

hollywoodmic
01-25-2011, 08:35 AM
Sorry Glenno been a little hectic on my end. The Rewind last week was awesome again. My usual suspects made the trip. CJ Lehmann and Christie-Jo Mortimer were on hand. Rob Bader finally got Jessica Larsen to come on down with Frank Scimeca Jr and Short Round to see Rob's big Blunderbust win. Brian Doyle made his 1st trip to check out his victory in the Chargers. Where were all my Modified guys?? Billy Wood was there of course, he counts as a Modified guy. Still waiting for all those media types to come down, maybe the Daytona 500 we'll see them.

This week is a big one we have Tommy Walkowiak taking down the win in the Blunderbusts, Chris McGuire is the big winner in the Charger ranks, Arne Pedersen wins the Double Point Figure-8 Feature, Lou Maestri takes down his first truck win of the year, and it's Howie Brode in a re-numbered 7ny taking down the emotional victory in the Baldwin/Evans/Jarzombek Memorial 77. Action starts at 7pm and its a free meal for a winner and a guest. Hope to see you at TJ Halpin's tomorrow night. We'll see ya at the Rewind.

hollywoodmic
01-26-2011, 08:17 AM
Depending on the weather we'll see how it goes tonight. If we do cancel we will be doing a double header next week. Next week we will have a guest bartender, Stacia Park will be joining us behind the bar so the place should be rocking for winners Michael Romeney, Tommy Rogers(F8), Mike Bologna, Tommy Sherman and Bill Park. We'll keep you updated.

hollywoodmic
01-26-2011, 01:08 PM
Unfortunatley due to the weather we will be doing 2 for the price of 1. Tonights rewind is cancelled and has been rescheduled for next Wednesday at 7:00

hollywoodmic
02-02-2011, 09:42 AM
Mother Nature has bitten us again. It's ICEY now, wait until tonight. Unfortunatley I'm getting calls from a bunch of people that won't make the trip. I think the safest thing to do is cancel tonights Rewind. We will be doing a 2 for 1 next week. I'l give more updates as it gets closer. TJ Halpin's will also be hosting the Bud Shootout next week and if you can sneak out of work a bunch of us will be getting together for the Gatorade Duals as well all leading up to the Daytona 500 Party.

hollywoodmic
02-08-2011, 09:42 AM
No Matter what the Rewind is on for tomorrow night. We are also having a little Birthday celebration for my brother and I and Bob Finan if he can make it. So this week we will be doing the double dip the first video we are showing is with winners Tommy Walkowiak, Chris McGuire, Arne Pedersen, Lou Maestri and Howie Brode takes down the Baldwin/Evans/Jarzombek 77.
Then we roll to the 2nd video the one that our guest bartender Stacia Park is coming to see. Winners for that one are Michael Romeney, Tommy Rogers(F-8), Mike Bologna, Tommy Sherman and Bill Park. This should be a wild one. Come on down Racing starts at 7:00.

hollywoodmic
02-14-2011, 09:50 AM
This week for the Rewind we have a big one. Ronnie Langdon takes down the win in Blunderbust competition. Chris Turbush was the big winner in the Chargers. Then we roll out the NASCAR Whelen Modified Tour where Rowan Pennick takes down his 1st career win, Ryan Preece came home 2nd, Ronnie Silk 3rd, Mike Stefanik 4th, and GB III was 5th. Should be a great night of racing it all starts at 7:00. We'll see ya at the Rewind.

nascar071
02-17-2011, 10:41 AM
Wanted to come down last night , but , the wife is sick and couldn't make it ! sorry Steve , maybe next week. Ron

hollywoodmic
02-23-2011, 08:24 AM
Come down to TJ Halpin's tonight for Riverhead Rewind. Check out winners Scott Maliszewski (BB), Jeremy McDermott(CHG), Arne Pedersen(F-8) and Modified winner Timmy Solomito. Come on down Racing starts at 7:00.

hollywoodmic
02-26-2011, 08:31 AM
This coming Wednesday Night on the Rewind we have a few 1st timers taking down the win. In the Blunderbusts it's Bill Wegman, Your Legend winner is Anthony Cacioppo. Taking down the win in the Super Pro Trucks is Roger Turbush. Chris Laspisa takes down another Late Model win and John Beaty wins his first career Modified event.Come on down to TJ Halpin's and check us out Wednesday Night Racing starts at 7:00.

hollywoodmic
03-03-2011, 10:31 AM
Another great night at the Rewind last night. Billy Wood made his regular appearence. Also in attendance for the first time were the proud new owners of Bronson Speedway, The Youngs made there way out it was great to see them. John Beatty Sr. and John Beatty Jr. came out with crew chief to the stars Glenn Dixon, Vinny and the entire pit crew. It really was a great week and a great time.

Next week should be a good one as well as Chris Turbush takes down the win in the Chargers. Kenny Hyde Jr. takes down his 2nd victory of the season in the Figure 8's, and Timmy Solomito does the 2-fer as he wins in the Legends and the Modifieds. Come on down next Wednesday, Racing starts at 7:00

P.S Has anyone seen Roger Turbush and Freddie Kraft we're still waiting for them so we can show the truck race, lol.

hollywoodmic
03-09-2011, 09:23 AM
Just a quick reminder tonight it's Riverhead Rewind at TJ Halpin's. Tonight it's Chris Turbush in the Chargers. Kenny Hyde Jr takes down his 2nd win of 2010 and then it's all about The Natural, Timmy Solomito takes down the win in the Legends and the Modifieds. Racing starts at 7:00 hope to see you.

hollywoodmic
03-16-2011, 08:17 AM
Just a reminder tonight at TJ Halpin's on Riverhead Rewind we are showing the races from August 28th. Tommy Walkowiak takes down the win in the Blunderbusts. It's Frank Dumicich Jr in the Chargers. The Late Model winner was Buzzy Eriksen and taking down the win on the way to his second Modified Championship is Tommy Rogers. Racing starts at 7:00, come on down.

hollywoodmic
03-23-2011, 10:06 AM
Tonight at TJ Halpin's Riverhead Raceway Rewind it's a big one. Rob Bader takes down the win in the Blunderbusts, It's CJ Lehmann's 1 st career victory in the Chargers. Frank Dumicich Jr is the big winner in the Super Pro Trucks and Chris Young takes down his first win of 2010. Should be a great night come on down.

hollywoodmic
03-25-2011, 10:44 AM
This past rewind was a great one. CJ Lehmann finally had a reason to show up, he and Christi-Jo Mortimer have supported this all year it was great to see him in Victory Lane.Scott Lehmann came down as well always good to see Scotty. Billy Wood made his regular visit to the facility. Rob Bader came out to his victory with Frank Sciemeca Jr. The Young group was definatley in attendance, Chris and Ann Young and Chris Jr. brought out a bunch of people to take in Chris' win. Thanks to all of them. John Beatty Sr. was in the house, if you want to have fun just be within 10 feet of this guy. In a mask and a black cape was the Phantom Crew Chief, the Phantom was very low key, yet it didn't slow down his beer consumption. The Fortins finally were able to make the trip, great to see John, Nicole and Amber and their group.

We have one full week remaining. Next Wednesday night it's Rob Bader in for his 2nd win in a row. Brian Doyle takes down his 2nd win of the year in the Charger class. Tommy Rogers adds another victory to his total for the Figure 8's. Frank Dumicich Jr. takes down his 2nd Super Pro Truck win in a row. Timmy Solomito pulls off another victory in the Legends. Shawn Patrick takes down his first win of 2010 in the Late Models. The final modified race of the season has Justin Bonsignore taking down the win. It should be an action packed Rewind so come on down we only have one week remaining after this. Hope to see you.

hollywoodmic
04-06-2011, 07:47 AM
This is the final installment of Riverhead Rewind Tonight at TJ Halpin's at 7:00.I can't believe this is coming to an end, it's been a great off-season though and I look foward to 2011. Tonight come down and check out the winners Tommy Walkowiak in the Blunderbusts, Chris Turbush Chargers, Tommy Ferrara in the Figure 8's, Peter Buzzy Eriksen in the Late Models, and Mike Albasini in the Super Pro Trucks. Come on down this one should be a wild one. Hope to see you.