PDA

View Full Version : Frostbite Mod Race in 2011

Tinkfan
11-10-2010, 03:03 PM
Rumor has it the Frostbite race promoted by C&C the last few years will have a new venue in 2011. Indications are the race will move from Orange County to Ace Speedway.

EdR
11-12-2010, 04:14 PM
Wow,I was just wondering about the Frostbite.Looking forward to it were ever it ends up.Hopefully well have great weather and alot of cars and fans

NC Mudcat
11-17-2010, 07:33 AM
I sure hate to hear that, but with the crowd the last two years, I can't blame OCS if they elected not to have it back.

Steve in NC
11-18-2010, 08:14 AM
I think the racing is much better at OCS due to the configuration of the track and higher banking. With ACE being flatter and turns 1 & 2 being so tight it limits the side-by-side "excitement" factor a little more than OCS. IMO One thing about the OCS crowd is the aluminum stands that OCS had to install before they were able ot reopen a couple years ago have a LOT more seating capacity. So even a decent crowd at OCS looks thin because of all the seats there, to where ACE has a smaller seating capacity and a the same decent crowd looks packed. But that is semantics really. Crowds and car count have to increase to keep this going period.

BUT.... Brad is doing a heck of a job promoting over at ACE and it is that much closer to most NWSMT teams that maybe the turnout would be better and ACE did have good turnout for fans the last couple of times we raced there towards the end of the year. If it goes to ACE, that is good. Just wish more people would have supported the race at OCS because both Frostbite races so far have been very good racing as far as close competitive races. Except for the scary incident with GBIII and Hirshman up on their driver side and trapped with fueling running out of Hirshman's car.
Hats off to Jason Myers for his sportsmanship in helping the other drivers get out of their cars on the right side while fuel was spilling out.

Steve