PDA

View Full Version : Airborne

limodmaniac
11-17-2010, 08:41 PM
Just got Area Auto and it says that the ROC will be at Airborne this coming season!

I think that's great news! Let me know the date so I can book my hotel now!!

And who ever makes the schedule, Can you please have a race at Spencer or Lancaster on Labor Day weekend? This way we can make our way to Canada slowly!

TourFan Ed
11-17-2010, 10:30 PM
If the MRS and ROC were to have another combined race I think Airborne would be the place to do it. Much better than Albany Saratoga. Also I think Spencer has had a ROC race the Friday of Labor day weekend the last two years.

uticamike
11-18-2010, 06:58 PM
If the MRS and ROC were to have another combined race I think Airborne would be the place to do it. Much better than Albany Saratoga. Also I think Spencer has had a ROC race the Friday of Labor day weekend the last two years.

I'm curious Ed as to why you think Airborne would be better. I love what Bruce Richards has done at Malta. It's closer in size to what the balk of the MRS guys race on. The bigger tracks I would think would favor the ROC. We race on 1/2 milers all the time. I think Albany/Saratoga is the "perfect" size short track.
I'd love to see multiple "mixers" between the two series. I'm always wishing it would morph into a MLB type National vs American League thing.

TourFan Ed
11-18-2010, 10:36 PM
I don't know if the racing at Albany Saratoga got better as the year went on. I attended the MRS races at both tracks and thought there was more passing and side by side racing at Airborne.