PDA

View Full Version : Canaan - $12,000 to win

limodmaniac
11-21-2010, 12:55 PM
There will be different opinions on this race, whether they should have scheduled it on the same day as Loudon or not.

1. It is an M R S race, not an open race, so I don't think they should be concerned whether or not it's an inconvience to the Whelen Tour or not.

2. Supposedly, they are going to start later tho, so that if any body is coming from Loudon, it is a doable thing ( not sure if that's for fans only or for the possible drivers too.)

3. I usually try to go to Waterford or back home to Riverhead, but this actually makes it easier for me and some people I know who will do the double.

4. Some say the crowd will be down because of Loudon and I hope this isn't so. I know they tried something like this few years ago , for 5000 to win and if I remember right, the crowd wasn't so great. But hopefully people will remember this is Ricky's memorial race and its 12000 to win, and that will make the crowd a good size.

5. I think they have sponsors that have put up the money, so it's not like the track takes a bath if the crowd isn't great. Sponsors are putting up the money , not to make a profit, but for other reasons. I know I'll be there to support them.

6. I hope last year's winner of this race somehow figures out a way to get to both races. If it can be done, do it!

7. Support the modifieds and plan to do the double on July 16. May the weather cooperate.

Revscott
11-21-2010, 07:52 PM
I think this is the best date on the Tour/MRS schedule. Not that far of a drive and a nice facility. All I know is it cant be any hotter then it was last year.

The Loudon-Seekonk double header will be a lot trickier.

JED
11-21-2010, 08:03 PM
Seekonk ran a make up race a few years ago the same day as Loudon. We were able to do both.

limodmaniac
11-21-2010, 08:37 PM
Nothing's impossible if you want it bad enough. Lime Rock to Monadnock last year and Stafford to Seekonk on a Sunday in October few years ago were some fun doubles. Almost made the Loudon to Riverhead last year. If not for some rain in the area, they may have slowed the program a bit and I would have made it!

Jaws
11-21-2010, 08:46 PM
Nothing's impossible if you want it bad enough. Lime Rock to Monadnock last year and Stafford to Seekonk on a Sunday in October few years ago were some fun doubles. Almost made the Loudon to Riverhead last year. If not for some rain in the area, they may have slowed the program a bit and I would have made it!

Louden to Riverhead is easy if you have the right vehicle...:)

mattphoto
11-22-2010, 08:29 AM
how far is it from loudon to canaan

RacnJason00
11-22-2010, 10:15 AM
I will be making the double!!!!!

bud
11-22-2010, 03:19 PM
Maybe 1.5 hrs tops as long as the traffic is lite on the way out. I'm sure some of the teams could make it think about that. Teddy wins 17,000 at louden then drives the 00 at Canaan. Just shy of a 30,000 payday!

LegendCar20
11-22-2010, 03:44 PM
Granted that the Loudon race is during the day and the Canaan race is at night, but realistically how many fans are going to travel and see that? I hope it doesnt hurt the MRS crowd.

stoningtonmodmania
11-22-2010, 04:04 PM
I dont think that its going to hurt the crowd that much if your a mod fan you will be going and every year after the mods at nhms we go to the speedbowl and we see atleast 50 ppl go there to and thats just for an sk race and almost 4 hours away now this race an 1hr away with tour mods should be a good crowd

bud
11-23-2010, 06:42 AM
If you can make it from louden to Canaan in an hr you need to drive one of the mods.....lol

stoningtonmodmania
11-23-2010, 08:41 AM
lol well map quest said 1hr 15min so i cut it down a little bit

Jaws
11-23-2010, 08:54 AM
That will be a great double. May have to hang out in NH that night!

bud
11-23-2010, 10:35 AM
Don't trust map quest.... lol. Takes more than an hr from concord to Lebanon ....trust me

Teds Race Tours
11-23-2010, 11:29 AM
There will be different opinions on this race, whether they should have scheduled it on the same day as Loudon or not.

1. It is an M R S race, not an open race, so I don't think they should be concerned whether or not it's an inconvience to the Whelen Tour or not.

2. Supposedly, they are going to start later tho, so that if any body is coming from Loudon, it is a doable thing ( not sure if that's for fans only or for the possible drivers too.)

3. I usually try to go to Waterford or back home to Riverhead, but this actually makes it easier for me and some people I know who will do the double.

4. Some say the crowd will be down because of Loudon and I hope this isn't so. I know they tried something like this few years ago , for 5000 to win and if I remember right, the crowd wasn't so great. But hopefully people will remember this is Ricky's memorial race and its 12000 to win, and that will make the crowd a good size.

5. I think they have sponsors that have put up the money, so it's not like the track takes a bath if the crowd isn't great. Sponsors are putting up the money , not to make a profit, but for other reasons. I know I'll be there to support them.

6. I hope last year's winner of this race somehow figures out a way to get to both races. If it can be done, do it!

7. Support the modifieds and plan to do the double on July 16. May the weather cooperate.

My Only Question....Where can we go on Friday? :)

BigMac
11-23-2010, 01:07 PM
Don't trust map quest.... lol. Takes more than an hr from concord to Lebanon ....trust me

The WMT race at Loudon will be over at 2:45 at the VERY latest. Even if you take 3hrs to get to Canaan you will still make it before 6pm. You could make it to Seekonk or Waterford in that time.

limodmaniac
11-23-2010, 03:37 PM
My Only Question....Where can we go on Friday? :)

Doesn't Lee usually race on Friday, and that's even closer to Loudon than Canaan

Teds Race Tours
11-23-2010, 04:15 PM
The WMT race at Loudon will be over at 2:45 at the VERY latest. Even if you take 3hrs to get to Canaan you will still make it before 6pm. You could make it to Seekonk or Waterford in that time.

There have been at least 2 races where the race got delayed and finished after the truck race....finishing at around 6pm.

Teds Race Tours
11-23-2010, 04:16 PM
Doesn't Lee usually race on Friday, and that's even closer to Loudon than Canaan

c'mon, only Modified races Count here.

limodmaniac
11-23-2010, 04:53 PM
OMG... and I actually suggested that one.. Take the modmaniac title away from me. Of course i'd like to go on record that I had no intention of doing that myself.. ( Refer to 2011 schedule) Just was getting that info out there for anyone who would settle for racing of any kind.

And though i won't make a special post for this thought... I was wondering...has the K & N schedule come out yet? Or has the series been dropped entirely?

RGeeProductions
11-23-2010, 10:27 PM
What's K&N????

Jaws
11-23-2010, 11:14 PM
[/COLOR]iac;160530]OMG... and I actually suggested that one.. Take the modmaniac title away from me. Of course i'd like to go on record that I had no intention of doing that myself.. ( Refer to 2011 schedule) Just was getting that info out there for anyone who would settle for racing of any kind.

And though i won't make a special post for this thought... I was wondering...has the K & N schedule come out yet? Or has the series been dropped entirely?

I think they are waiting for the Whelen Modified Series Sponsored by LImodmaniac and K & N stationary to come back from the printers before the big announcement.

Bobby1717
11-24-2010, 01:34 PM
Hey Longislandmodmaniac....

Did a frozen turkey fall on your head? Is that why you are talking about the
K & N series

limodmaniac
11-24-2010, 02:00 PM
OK, way too much talk about K and N . Almost sounds like we are promoting it. Though, from last year, Martinsville, Lime Rock , Lee and from what I can see from their schedule Greshem Motorsports Park all have KaNned them.

JMB
11-24-2010, 03:00 PM

I believe the Canaan dirt track runs some sort of Small Block\Sportsman Mods on Friday nigts.

Teds Race Tours
11-24-2010, 03:18 PM
OK, way too much talk about K and N . Almost sounds like we are promoting it. Though, from last year, Martinsville, Lime Rock , Lee and from what I can see from their schedule Greshem Motorsports Park all have KaNned them.

you spelled canned wrong. Seriously, I don;t wish the K + N Series ill, as there are a few fans as passionate about them as we are to mods....but they really screwed up that division over the past 10 years.

Have to wait and see for Friday night what the schedule holds.

rim runner
12-22-2010, 12:22 PM
Actually Concord to Lebanon is less than hour (about 50 minutes), but then you add in about 15 minutes to get to the Concord from NHMS, and add another 15 or so minutes to get from I-89 to Canaan, and you are looking at about an hour & 20 minutes from track to track.

Canaan only seats about 2000 people, so it's not like they need a huge caravan of fans to trek their way on up from NHIS (although I'm sure any bump in attendence will be appriciated).

If the weather is halfway decent, they should get a good crowd. Heck, for that size of a purse, the MRS might draw a few extra cars from Monadnock & Star.

bud
12-27-2010, 07:00 PM
You mean kirk....lol