PDA

View Full Version : Condolences to the Riggs Racing #47 team...

SIModified
11-24-2010, 12:28 AM
Just want to post on the loss of Jeff Riggs late Tuesday night, November 23rd, 2010..

Jeff was the crew chief and son of car owner David Riggs for the #47 team from Martinsville, Virginia.

As I'm sure most of you know, the Riggs team has a storied history in modified racing with drivers such as Jamie Tomaino, Tony Jankowiak, Tim Arre and lately with Junior Miller and Andy Seuss.

I was a part of their team for the 2005 and 2006 Championship seasons when the Whelen Sothern Modified Tour was first developed and Jeff was our leader.

My sincere condolences go out to Mister David Riggs and his family, Reggie Newman, Powell Shelton, Mike Paris, JW, Jeff's daughter Jessica and Jeff's wife Pam.

Such a shock and a huge loss to the modified community.

Sluggo44
11-24-2010, 07:12 AM
This is very sad news. My deepest sympathies to the Riggs family during this difficult time

Jaws
11-24-2010, 08:42 AM
Our prayers for the Riggs family.

SIModified
11-24-2010, 05:46 PM
If you click over to www.RiggsRacing.com, it should lead you to the Riggs Racing facebook page where information has been posted about Jeff's visiting hours and where donations can be sent to on behalf of the family.

I am sorry I have not responded to anyone's messages or emails...I just didn't feel it was my place to answer questions.

Thank you and God Speed, Jeff.