PDA

View Full Version : A little letdown.....

Rowdy Rules 51
11-29-2010, 02:20 AM
First off thank you to everyone who showed up at the race, it was a great time. BUT where was everyone? With plenty of notice i thought for sure we would have seen a little more cars. Some said the car count was light cause of the way the Mountain Madness was run, the car counts rivaled those of our Halloween Screamer. I hope everyone was not staying at home and waiting to see how this race turned out. I did everyingi could by bringing 3 cars to the track........ The majority of the field was regulars in the MMES. I HOPE THAT EVEYONE comes out to the January Enduro weather it be the Beaters with Heaters or the Frostbite 5,plenty of time to throw one together and be IN ONE. or plenty of time to fix the parts that were broken today. and REMEMBER to take out those HUGE motors out and get back to Enduro rules!

Poppop
11-29-2010, 05:29 AM
:confused:This is the first I heard about a January race! Was it posted on the track web site, or the forum? :cheers:

Poppop

Erin C
11-29-2010, 08:42 AM
When NEETS ran at mountain we had an annual "Beaters with Heaters" race which was always the first weekend in January. When NEETS left and the enduros were MMES enduros the January race was renamed "Frostbite"

The way the January race always went for NEETS was if there were any rule changes made after the previous season ended, it was not enforced until the 2nd race of the season because it is just not enough time between the last race and the first race to comply.

In either case it is kind of understood that there will be a January race whether it is "Beaters with Heaters" or "Frostbite"

Spanky1975
11-29-2010, 03:41 PM
First off thank you to everyone who showed up at the race, it was a great time. BUT where was everyone? With plenty of notice i thought for sure we would have seen a little more cars. Some said the car count was light cause of the way the Mountain Madness was run, the car counts rivaled those of our Halloween Screamer. I hope everyone was not staying at home and waiting to see how this race turned out. I did everyingi could by bringing 3 cars to the track........ The majority of the field was regulars in the MMES. I HOPE THAT EVEYONE comes out to the January Enduro weather it be the Beaters with Heaters or the Frostbite 5,plenty of time to throw one together and be IN ONE. or plenty of time to fix the parts that were broken today. and REMEMBER to take out those HUGE motors out and get back to Enduro rules!

Don't make me walk down the alley with a ten pound hammer. The 44 took too much time.

Maddawg
11-29-2010, 07:06 PM
I see it says "odwazny for change" under all your posts ???? I like it better this way
CHANGE ODWAZNY !!!!!!!!!:cheers:
Just my opinion
Maddawg

310fig8
11-29-2010, 07:15 PM
I'm sorry I couldn't make it even though i was entered. We blew the transmission running with the Factory Stocks at the Turkey Derby at Wall Friday night. Sorry about that. :*-( Bill Stockert 310

Lad3der
11-29-2010, 07:19 PM
i want a clarification on this. since there are two of them

richardpetey
11-29-2010, 07:42 PM
Don't worry Matt, it can't be you..............:cool:
It doesn't say a "change" for the good................................:applause:
It should read 2012, Obama and Odwazny, the end of an "error"..............:rolleyes:
UNCLE PETEY.....................:wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

Mobigsly
11-29-2010, 08:18 PM
. and REMEMBER to take out those HUGE motors out and get back to Enduro rules!

I didn't know we had to install big motors for this race.

Rowdy Rules 51
11-29-2010, 08:25 PM
Don't worry Matt, it can't be you..............:cool:
It doesn't say a "change" for the good................................:applause:
It should read 2012, Obama and Odwazny, the end of an "error"..............:rolleyes:
UNCLE PETEY.....................:wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

the only ERROR was your set up at TD and you plowing into another car yesterday. If it aint broke dont fix it, you better get to WORK!

Rowdy Rules 51
11-29-2010, 08:26 PM
I didn't know we had to install big motors for this race.

Petey forgot to send you the memo, his bad :)

Erin C
11-29-2010, 08:40 PM
the only ERROR was your set up at TD and you plowing into another car yesterday. If it aint broke dont fix it, you better get to WORK!

He didn't plow into the 44, the 44 plowed into him by accident...too much smoke after he tried to correct it lead to the unfortunate accident :help:

WEEZER
11-29-2010, 09:15 PM
Did anybody else think the track was like a skating rink sometime after lap 40 during the 8cyl race??

CJfilms
11-29-2010, 10:17 PM
Let's settle this debate in one quick swoop....

First off, yes, it was an open comp meaning bigger-than-normal-not-so-stock motors would not be DQ'd...

No, rough riding, intentional spinning, running cars into the wall or infield and ramming dead cars would not be tolerated......in fact, it was not even an issue this race. Good boys! LOL!

As for the seemingly major incident that wasn't so big in our eyes....the 91/44/43 incident....
It seemed the 43 tried to take out the 44 and the 91 was just an innocent competitor the way these posts are going.....let's recap...

The 91 - driver was having problems for most of the race ESPECIALLY once the ~40 lap ice skating began. He lost control of the car several times on his own as well as several other drivers during the race after the skating began....
............................he NEVER intentionally hit anyone.

The 44 - poor Mike was having problems from the time he tried to pull it off the trailer....he was handling nicely for most of the race, minding his own business...
............................he NEVER EVER intentionally hit anyone so long as I've known him enduro racing.

The 43 - (quick someone play the dark and scary music) - by the way it seems, Petey must have had it out for everyone yesterday. I even had the pleasure of a post-race feast with Uncle Petey and he was the first one to admit he brought a gun to a knife fight.....yes, a GUN to a KNIFE fight. He had more trouble keeping the car under control anytime he hit the gas....it was a struggle to control the car anytime he accelerated out of the turns. He admitted at dinner he apologized to several drivers for not being able to hold his line coming out of the turns...in fact, the 44 came up to him to apologize for this seemingly HUGE incident....
............................he NEVER intentionally hit anyone.

The incident....
After watching ALL the cars start to struggle to maintain control on the "ice", the 91 was low in the turn, the 44 took the middle road and the 43 went high. The 91 hit the gas and started to lose it coming out of turn 2 and slid up into the 44....with nowhere to go, the 44 was ricocheted INTO the 43.

Now that seemed simple.....

So.....motor size.....tires.......setups.....what difference did that all make in this discussion here?

More importantly....why are signatures changing after each post?......NEETS had a successful event yesterday. As Rowdy stated, the big letdown was the car counts when 40/80 registered cars showed up......THAT WAS THE ONLY BAD PART......no one completely wrecked their car, no one got hurt, no one went to the ambulance for anything.....

There is no reason to complain aside from who didn't show up.....and some drivers did have legitimate excuses....TD, health and other reasons.....where was everyone else?

This race was a strong stepping stone in the right direction.....let's keep it in that direction....please.

Philter39
11-29-2010, 10:52 PM
I did not even think of bringing a car due to the open rules.Not being a pavement regular and having no good tires for pavement it was an easy decision to come support the races by spectating. Regular NEETS rules I may have brought a car up. Perhaps others thought the same. phil

Rowdy Rules 51
11-29-2010, 10:59 PM
thats what i would say, no one wanted to get beat by racecars not enduro cars

Rowdy Rules 51
11-29-2010, 11:45 PM
since my last posts were deleted i just figured id clear the air about all of it. Im not trying to make anyone mad I just think if we ALL work together things WILL get better for everyone

Me and my dad have raced at every track NEETS been at since 2004, i love NEETS and ENDURO racing, as the MOUNTAIN MADNESS ENDURO SERIES is where I got my start in a racecar.

I would never slander a racetrack or a series, thats just not me, im a positive guy that loves to race and being a part of Enduro racing.

That being said........

As being an official at Mountain Speedway i take offense to SOME PEOPLE calling it "lapdance"and other such things such as slandering track employees. THIS person to be remained unnamed is literally THE ONLY thing that I feel needs to be changed. EVERYONE wants to see Enduros were they once were with the up most of 100 cars. BASHING Speedways is not how this will be accomplished.

See You ALL at the FROSTBITE 5 in January and dont forget to SUPPORT your SPEEDWAY and your SERIES!!!

Poppop
11-30-2010, 02:05 PM
:wave:Hey Rowdy, what are the rules for the Frostbite race? Regular Mountain Madness or will there be some concessions for NEETS cars? Just curious. It would be nice if I didn't have to make any changes for one race.

Poppop

NJ Chick
11-30-2010, 04:44 PM
Before this goes any further, how about we wait and see what the promotors of NEETS and Mountain plan to do for next year first? As far as I know, nothing has been decided as of yet unless someone is using a crystal ball or maybe one of those Magic 8-Balls for answers? :rolleyes:

kinserfan11
11-30-2010, 08:09 PM
Hi Ms Neets; it was good to talk to you sunday; we have not chatted since the last Neets race at Mountain a few years ago; take care; Bye Jeff:D

Danger83Ranger
11-30-2010, 08:20 PM
isnt that the 2nd time you posted that? are you stalking her? :lol::lol::lol:

Mobigsly
11-30-2010, 09:13 PM
isnt that the 2nd time you posted that? are you stalking her? :lol::lol::lol:

That's F*@KIN funny....

Danger83Ranger
11-30-2010, 09:24 PM
I was just kidding, you know me...lol

Rowdy Rules 51
12-01-2010, 12:10 AM
:wave:Hey Rowdy, what are the rules for the Frostbite race? Regular Mountain Madness or will there be some concessions for NEETS cars? Just curious. It would be nice if I didn't have to make any changes for one race.

Poppop

im sure they will be about the same as this season, you can find them at www.sundancevacationsspeedway.com i hope to see you there!