PDA

View Full Version : 2010 thoughts

limodmaniac
11-29-2010, 06:07 PM
In no particular order:

1 If you haven't been to Mahoning Valley, it's a must for next year.

2 If you haven't been to Bristol, put that on the list also.

3 It was a thrill to help out Riverhead with the 100 lap race, and especially the tour race. Thanks to all who helped or supported the race by attending. Again, a must for next year.

4 Thanks to Eric Goodale and Ryan Preece for doing stuff with a bunch of 4th graders who will never forget the fun.

5. Controversy may be good for the sport, but not if it involves someone getting hurt. Though the race at Lancaster and Wall both had their controversial moments , at least no one got hurt. And my heart raced more than it has in years and still kept going, so that's a good thing!

6. Loudon is and will always be an event, no matter if it can't always be the best race of the year.

7. The Oswego ROC two day event was the worse moment of the year. The Lee MRS finale wasn't too far behind.

8. Seeing Eddie Brunnhoelzl take to the Mahoning track for the first time, and doing a real good job. Bout time you took my advice and showed up.

9. Seekonk Grand Prix race was a blast. Don't know if I had more fun at the track, or at Bugaboo after when Preece got the moose to sing happy birthday to me.

10. Watching Doug Coby get into any car, and making it go to the front.

11. Watching George Brunnhoelzl almost take out the pace car at Riverhead.

12. Watching Jimmy Blewett take out almost everyone at the Turkey Derby.

13. Seeing Eric Goodale hold off Dwight Jarvis for his first MRS victory.

14. Taking Matt Hirschman's advice and getting myself out on the S and S indoor go kart in PA.

15. Happy to see that a place like Monadnock is still home for a tour race.

16. Hitting over 50 races for the first time since records have been kept on the computer ( and maybe the first time ever)

17. Getting to travel with and hang out with some other modified maniacs at the races.

18. Enjoying my first road race with the modifieds, and actually enjoying the day before the race even more, taking in different view points of the track. Just don't overload us with road courses in the future.

19. Flipping the bird to Preece at Bowman Gray.

20. Seeing the LIMM sponsored cars finish 1 2 3 at the North South Shootout.

Jaws
11-29-2010, 07:28 PM
Hitting almost every tour race this year was great.
Being track photographer at Riverhead for the 100 lapper and the Tour night.
My first night race taking pictures from the infield at Thompson was great
Helpng Jim with the Tour race fundraising.
Seeing the mods at Limerock. (then seeing all the mod fans leave before the K & N race).
My first races from the infield at Waterford, even with all the mud it was fun.
Getting to both NH races.
The Tour race at Monadnock was a great day and night. It was a new track for me.
Meeting more of my Modified friends, the group seems to grow bigger and bigger every year. I finally met Polly!
Adding Bowman Gray to my track list and having a cold beer in the beer garden with all my modided friends.
Giving Ryan the finger from the front row with Jim.
The whole road trip with Tbax to Lind's Speedway (really, its in Lindas back yard!) Bowman Gray and Martinsville. I am still sorry for waking you up early Ted!
Seeing at least 1 driver come up from the south for the 1st and last Thompson race.
Getting to ride in the Racing with Jesus pace car at Stafford fo r the Fall Final, that was cool! Thanks Don.
Having fun guessing the 2011 schedule, we were pretty close.
And Jim I can't believe you left this out, watching all those modifed races on TV. Tivo is full with those!

mattphoto
11-29-2010, 08:54 PM
favorite moments of 2010 for me were seeing a lot of tour races. favorite new track I went to was seekonk. love that place. but my most favorite part of 2010 was meeting new people and having great memories that I will remember for a long time. Can't wait for 2011

KyleMac45
11-29-2010, 10:13 PM
1- Starting the year off right at Atlantic City
2- getting the chance to spot on the Mod. tour
3-going to a few race tracks for the first time, and returning to those I have not been to in a while!
4- North South Shootout
5- Fat Boy Shootout
6- Turkey Derby

And finally being able to be so passionate about the sport I love dearly, and being able to make it to the race track almost every weekend! I always have fun at the race track, we all have our times, but for the most part fun is usually had by all!

I thank Jamie Tomaino for giving me the oppurtunity to be apart of his modified team this past year!
I also thank every race promoter that let me be apart of there race in some way or another... From AC at the beginning of the year to Turkey Derby at the end, and everything in between... THANK YOU! :wave:

Kyle McGowan