PDA

View Full Version : 2011 schedule

A69pizzoo
12-01-2010, 02:13 PM
Anybody have an opinion on the 2011 schedule. i think the raceway is trying to phase us out. what the hell is a 100 foot drag. i looked on youtube and it is ****.

BigRed99
12-01-2010, 03:05 PM
yea, enduros only have 5 races this year :mad: 3 less then last year........hope we see some more added!!!!:mad:

EZMotors1555
12-01-2010, 03:09 PM
:disgusted:disgusted:disgusted:disgusted

seanfitz66
12-01-2010, 03:22 PM
:(:(:( wait till one of the cars runs out of track and slams the wall.

degerussell
12-01-2010, 04:21 PM
:mad: It is not worth our time and money in our cars to run a five race season. I think RR has phased us out.

deathwishracin1
12-01-2010, 04:30 PM
We should have seen this coming. Half way thru 2010 they were starting to ask if the Enduro drivers had a preference to running on Saturdays or Sundays when we signed into the pits. I figured then that they were probably going to try to phase out at least the Sunday shows. You gotta admit the stands were usually pretty empty on Enduro days. Its sad tho, I miss going to riverhead on Sundays as a kid to watch the 100+ car enduros. They just aren't what they used to be anymore.

BaDBoWtiE52
12-01-2010, 04:58 PM
I think it's bulls**** we all have way to much time and money into our enduro cars and this is a slap in the face. i go out their to race and have fun and now whats the point of putting anymore time and money in my car for a bullsh** 5 race season. what a joke.:mad::mad::mad::mad:

fisherman
12-01-2010, 05:11 PM
the writings on the wall what some of you spend is more then some divisions have in them run a figure 8 car 10th is 100 go run a reg class

racing#s
12-01-2010, 05:21 PM
There must be some way to work this out.
There's no reason why this should be going down.
Riverhead is an OVAL racetrack. not a dragstrip.
Granted the Enduros didn't fill the grandstands (without advertising thats a given)...BUT...Does someone actually think there's a demand for 100 foot
drag races ?! I've been racing there since 1990 and this is not a slap to the
face,but a KICK to the face...how do they do this ?!:mad:
I'm hoping there's some sort of printing error and they left out the Enduro
races on the 100 foot racedays.
:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

degerussell
12-01-2010, 06:18 PM
legends got 11 races wtf??? I hope the stands like cautions and stalled cars or whatever you call those things.

Justin W
12-01-2010, 06:25 PM
look up the drags on youtube i get that there trying to get drag racing fans to come to the track but honestly it looks pretty stupid

A69pizzoo
12-01-2010, 06:31 PM
It's bull**** let's just hope they add more to the schedule after they see this.

ray fitzgerald
12-01-2010, 06:33 PM
N.e.e.t.s.

Justin W
12-01-2010, 06:45 PM
true but racing out off state is way to expensive if you were trying to stay competetive in points halloween screamer cost me close to five hundred bucks

racecar24
12-01-2010, 07:13 PM
i don't get the 100ft drags. how will they stop? they'll just run into the wall. now that would be fun to watch!

racing#s
12-01-2010, 07:28 PM
All this right in time for the 'ENDURO AWARDS DINNER'......
Great timing........SIGH !

TTOR
12-01-2010, 07:37 PM
this is really frustrating. I was under the impression that we would have the same number of races but they would be spread out over the Saturday night schedule.

Even with our lower than usual numbers last season we still have a way bigger car count than most of the "real divisions".

I agree too that the 100 ft. drags are a head scratcher. I watched a video online, nothing exciting.

If we all put enough pressure on them maybe we can get a few dates added. If we just sit back and don't say anything nothings gonna happen.

race2first81
12-01-2010, 07:50 PM
100 ft drags look like a waste of gas booooring

Spectator
12-01-2010, 08:00 PM
this is really frustrating. I was under the impression that we would have the same number of races but they would be spread out over the Saturday night schedule.

Even with our lower than usual numbers last season we still have a way bigger car count than most of the "real divisions".

I agree too that the 100 ft. drags are a head scratcher. I watched a video online, nothing exciting.

If we all put enough pressure on them maybe we can get a few dates added. If we just sit back and don't say anything nothings gonna happen.

"Real" divisions cost "Real" money...hence why there are less cars....duhhh

TTOR
12-01-2010, 08:02 PM
"Real" divisions cost "Real" money...hence why there are less cars....duhhh

Thats my point exactly. Most people can't afford to race in the saturday divisions. By doing this riverhead is cutting off a significant portion of LI's driver population not to mention discouraging new people from getting involved.

Spectator
12-01-2010, 08:06 PM
Thats my point exactly. Most people can't afford to race in the saturday divisions. By doing this riverhead is cutting off a significant portion of LI's driver population not to mention discouraging new people from getting involved.

Instead of lookin at the glass half empty look at it half full, you will race infront of more fans, race on the same nights of the 'real divisions". Maybe you can attract more sponsors. You will get that saturday night experience with the kids in the cars and such. Atleast you have a place to race.

TJ Motorsports
12-01-2010, 08:14 PM
:mad::mad:I just hope that alot of *****ing and complaining maybe Riverhead will see how much of a f**k up this is. Maybe they could split the enduros with the drag racing. Run the drag racing in the begining of the day and put 2 or 3 enduros after they are done. That way all of the enduro divisions get there 8 races back. Just to let everyone know the office opens at 10 am. We all gotta speak our mind to see if this can get changed. And we all gotta show up to this drivers meeting. :mad::mad:

TTOR
12-01-2010, 08:15 PM
Instead of lookin at the glass half empty look at it half full, you will race infront of more fans, race on the same nights of the 'real divisions". Maybe you can attract more sponsors. You will get that saturday night experience with the kids in the cars and such. Atleast you have a place to race.

Fair enough, and yes that is a plus, saturday nights are a blast in the pits but I would still like to see a few more races added, at least for the 8's, grands, and trucks. We're losing a lot of track time here, especially the 8's who usually run twice on sundays.

A69pizzoo
12-01-2010, 08:28 PM
everyone take the poll i posted. its on a new thread.

killa54
12-01-2010, 08:39 PM
You gotta admit the stands were usually pretty empty on Enduro days. Its sad tho, I miss going to riverhead on Sundays as a kid to watch the 100+ car enduros. They just aren't what they used to be anymore.

when i was a kid, im pretty sure they used 2 run enduro's on the same days as the demo derbies and roll overs. i think it was better that way. it put more asses in seats. if the mixed up sundays a lil bit it would have a better turnout.

Golf Guy
12-01-2010, 08:54 PM
I can somewhat understand a smaller schedule with the enduro car counts being down. But isn't the traditional first sunday show (this year it would have been may 8th) a well attened event? That's the one they should definetly add back on. JMO

KCEE442
12-01-2010, 09:09 PM
Not likin the schedule at all! I personally feel Enduros should be the sunday event and ALL the enduros should be held to make it a full day,
All throughout the 90's and 2000's the sched was great,
Sunday- Spectator Drags, Grand, 4/6 Truck, 8Cyl,6Cyl,4Cyl then the 2nd 8Cyl
and once in awhile you get roll-overs
And this year theirs only 3 full Enduro days, thats ridiculous,
most Enduro drivers enjoy watching all the other Enduro classes race as well.

IMO there should be 5 full Enduro days with all the classes running then fill in the rest with sat. night races etc.

Like someone stated above, the 100ft drags arnt going to take a lot of time, these should just replace the spectator drags and maybe start the day at 12:00.

deathwishracin1
12-01-2010, 09:24 PM

Nice thought, unfortunately it doesn't work out that way. We've run with regular saturday shows as well as sundays for 4 years now. Past experience shows that half of the people in the stands for the saturday night show leave as the enduros are starting. Most saturday night fans just aren't interested. The enduros are a side show to most, but not as interesting as a demo apparently.

deathwishracin1
12-01-2010, 09:29 PM
when i was a kid, im pretty sure they used 2 run enduro's on the same days as the demo derbies and roll overs. i think it was better that way. it put more asses in seats. if the mixed up sundays a lil bit it would have a better turnout.

I very vaguely remember demos with enduros, but that had to be in the 80's, so I was at the oldest 7 lol. I mainly remember the spectator drags, rollovers, and the 4 125 car 8 cylinder enduro days. I would love to see those days make a return.

I agree the car counts are low, but as was already stated even the lowest car count for an enduro last year was as good if not better than the saturday night divisions, why cut us?

Dave A
12-01-2010, 09:43 PM
cant see the 100ft drags taking allday.. add like 2 enduro races along with it.. 5 races is just not enough!:disgusted

seanfitz66
12-01-2010, 10:29 PM
Everyone should Email the track and complain just like they did for Legends last summer. If they get a big enough response they will add the 3 other shows.

TTOR
12-01-2010, 11:05 PM
Everyone should Email the track and complain just like they did for Legends last summer. If they get a big enough response they will add the 3 other shows.

Is the track email still the one listed on the website info@riverheadraceway.com ?

If time and low car counts are the issue, has riverhead given any thought to combing either the 4's and 6's or 6' and 8's like other tracks do?

KCEE442
12-01-2010, 11:18 PM
just watched vids of 100ft drags. pretty dumb if you ask me,
this is not going to get the real racers that run 9,10,11,12 sec 1/4miles
this would be a complete waste of time for them. its basically your 60ft time.
i really hope this is not the direction RR is looking to go

Is the track email still the one listed on the website info@riverheadraceway.com ?

If time and low car counts are the issue, has riverhead given any thought to combing either the 4's and 6's or 6' and 8's like other tracks do?

Keep all the classes to themselves, last race on 9.25 there was 60ish 8cyl, which was a great turn out and the 4cyls are definitely up and coming they always ahve a good turnout

deathwishracin1
12-01-2010, 11:20 PM
Combining them won't work that well. Everyone runs the class they are in because thats what they want to run. At the meeting last season, there was a few drivers in the 6 cylinders that were trying to get their race run more like the trucks and the grands, with permanent numbers and one time inspections. Also, with the lower car counts we have, do we want to risk someone in lets say a 6 cyl probe getting stuck on the track and getting nuked by a full size cadillac that didn't see them if we combine 6/8? Or the same scenario with a civic getting nuked by an 80's monte if we combine 4/6? These cars go pretty fast on an empty track, I see more people getting hurt if we start combining divisions.

Poppop
12-02-2010, 06:14 AM
:wave:I feel your pain. I ran late dirt models for a few years and we were treated like the side show for the modifieds. I run a 4cyl. with NEETS now and get more respect on Sundays than we ever did on Saturday night. It's quite a ride for you guys but there are some that show up for every race, so make your choice. Grandview for dirt, Mountain for asphalt or both just for fun. Isn't that what it's all about?:lol:

Poppop

PIT BULL
12-02-2010, 01:27 PM
Only 5 enduros beacause of a 100' drag???? Its pathetic that these stands arent packed every weekend. Does anybody realize how many people dont even know Riverhead Raceway exists. Where is the marketing??? When do I ever see an advertisment. I could double the business Riverhead raceway sees with basic common sense and advertizing. 100' drag????? Its an EFFIN circle track. Whats the point?? On one of the 4cyl enduros I brought down 47 people.40 of them never knew it existed until I told them. Too many people dont know it exists. There is so much room for improvement there. I guess I wil have to change the gears on my drag tuck. Only 5 trophes next season:disgusted

JDracer
12-02-2010, 05:15 PM
There are enough of us to make a change, but we all have to do something. Call the office, email, definately the winter meeting. We put on a great show, and this is how we are treated? :mad::mad::mad:

fisherman
12-02-2010, 05:59 PM
a little bit of advice get agroup togeather and ask for a meeting . and you might have achance at getting something changed good luck:lol::wave:

PIT BULL
12-02-2010, 07:53 PM
I fully understand the Raceway is at first a business. The problem I have is that thre is so much room for improvement and I see little in te way of attempts to bring in more spectators. 15 second spots on news 12, and the speed channel wold pack the place. It needs to be more organized. The events where there is more time spent on break downs then actually racing should all be LAST. Enduros should be openers. At 20 30 min an event we would all be done in about 2 hrs. Which would leave plenty of time to clean up the track for "fancy"cars lol.. Not to mention the spectators would spend more time at the track. Derbys should be last and how about that skid plate crap?? I havent seen it. But I heard its a bore. How about a mascott throwing tee shirts in the audience? Scantaly clad women serving beer?? Fire works?? A spectator enduro. supply a few cars and have spectators give up 100+ ea to try out a 20 lap enduro. Pit Fire depts against other.. Police depts etc... there are way too many ways to make RR a better more profitable place If I would like to buy it and make a fortune. Anybody have some spare change??

letsrace
12-02-2010, 07:57 PM
we need to be smart about this problem. lets try and come up with some ideas that may help rather then just complain. We all know the car counts are low and the stands are not exactly full. The economy is not helping our situation nor is it helping te raceway. I would suggest that we ask for more races with some stipulations. First of all some drivers already have trouble affording the sport and might not mind cutting back on the # of races.Therefore any added races should maybe not be for points. Another idea may be to split or even forfeit prize money for added races. I know not all will like these ideas but it will show that we are willing to work together through these hard times and lets face the facts,we race for the love and or fun of the sport not the prize money.At least i know i want more races and never won any prize money. sorry Pizzo and Rinnieri.."".sorry about the misspelled name" yes you guys will be making the biggest sacrifice as far as prize money...lol. Just hink about it and lets see what we can come up with together.

racenut38
12-02-2010, 09:20 PM
why don't we think of ways to bring in bigger crowds like the bus demo's we need something big or really cool any Ideas.:confused:

A69pizzoo
12-02-2010, 10:51 PM
the points have nothing to do with the race track that is all done by chrissy wanat. as far as the prize money goes that is all based on car counts the prize is prorated for the lower car counts. i do agree that we need to come up with a not complaining way to fix this. everybody has said it time and time again but nobody listens. they need to advertise.

letsrace
12-02-2010, 11:20 PM
O.K....we give up prize money for added races if they agree to spend a portion of it on advertising. I think we might be on to something here. keep posting your ideas everyone.

TTOR
12-02-2010, 11:55 PM
run an ad in newsday a couple times in advance of each enduro event, an ad aimed at attracted new drivers.

The local track by my school, the motor mile, advertises like crazy, come spring time you can't walk around campus for more than 100ft without coming across a poster advertising the track. Thats the kind of thing we need. I'd glady pay a $1-$5 higher entry if the money was sure to go to something like that.

DJB74
12-03-2010, 03:26 AM
My only thought.....maybe with less races on the schedule, the track is trying to get more cars in each race so it's more like a traditional Enduro. This may not be true with the Grands and Trucks, but I'm sure not every driver makes every race in the 4, 6 and 8 cylinders. With fewer races, everyone is more likely to come out and compete at the same time.

art11758
12-03-2010, 08:46 AM
true but racing out off state is way to expensive if you were trying to stay competetive in points halloween screamer cost me close to five hundred bucks

Ahh now you feel the pain that virtually every other form of motorsports feels here on good ol' Long Island.
I wish you all the best in your endevors as a group. Ron made an interesting point. Where you are right now is what gave birth to SAFER. (I was a member) So get yourselves together. Figure out who is going to speak for you. Have some solid numbers ready. Remember this is a business you are dealing with. Gone are the days of the track opening on Sunday and making money. Enduros paid their own way with a tidy return for quite a while. Apparently that isn't the case anymore. Think about your "spec motors" and "track tires". When it wasn't any of that, car counts were up. Regardless, you cannot go back to "what was". (otherwise I would still have an enduro car, believe that) Have facts and figures regarding your viability ready to present and good luck in your effort.

PIT BULL
12-03-2010, 09:04 AM
However its our job to gather as much support as we can. Every race I contact everybody I can and invite them. I have no less the 10 people come to every race. As far as a $45 entry fee goes I dont think that is a lot of money for racing. Its RR's job to advertise. I have thought about this since I have started racing and I am somewhat of a marketing genus. (I know I fall short in the spelling area though) Took my back yard garage to two locations,13 lifts over 10,000 sq ft, With an attitude like mine its not an easy task. I allways think that they keep the spectator count low for some unknown reason. This place has the potential to double its business and why it doesnt is way beond be. Its basic common sense, 15 sec spots on News 12 and speed channel. That would do half the job. RR should have a 1/4 trac as well as two circle tracs. One famous profesional racer to make each event to run an enduro or derby would bring a ton of business. I think I paid $2600 for 100 airings on my commercial.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7HG1gwlKtB8

Golf Guy
12-03-2010, 09:25 AM

I urge you all that if you do write to the racetrack to remove your anger from your email. A 'nastygram' will not get you anywhere. Be polite but do get your point across. A positive email campaign can work.

PIT BULL
12-03-2010, 11:05 AM
Second we should see what is it we can do to help. Find out what there goal is and if its more spectators? Thats easy. We should make some flyers with the umcomming events.Every racer should hand them out and do whatever they can do to solicit RR. Post events on other web sites you might go on. Park your race car in front of your business if you have one with a sign on it. Let people know RR exists. I have all the ideas but I dont know if more business is the answer. Maybe they are headed in a different direction.

MSK27
12-03-2010, 12:25 PM
I urge you all that if you do write to the racetrack to remove your anger from your email. A 'nastygram' will not get you anywhere. Be polite but do get your point across. A positive email campaign can work.

It worked for the late models!!

killa54
12-03-2010, 04:04 PM
i mentioned this on another thread, i think if u change the 2nd 8 cylinder enduro into a 8 cylinder figure 8 (enduro rules) & bring back the spectator drags to open the show, that will help with fans in seats. empty seats have to be the reason for the switch, if it was makin money this wouldnt happen. it would also make the drag racers happy & the enduro schedule wouldnt have changed..jmo!

seanfitz66
12-03-2010, 04:27 PM
* cyl figure 8 sounds like a good idea.

racing#s
12-03-2010, 06:07 PM
Pitbull Motors Inc will be there,(4 of us).

Prior to the schedule release,we were all excited to go,now,there's a
black cloud hovering above....but maybe there's brighter skies ahead.

Here's an example regarding simple advertising, I saw a -commercial- for a racing show called 'The Madhouse'. It seemed like a cool show,so we watched it. Then we went on the website,picked out a date and went. It is a 1/4 mile track,check it out; They have 'ladies night',$5. admissions,very reasonable prices,etc etc.
It draws approx. 17,000 people.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N4UTg77qmB8

Jaws
12-03-2010, 06:51 PM
My only thought.....maybe with less races on the schedule, the track is trying to get more cars in each race so it's more like a traditional Enduro. This may not be true with the Grands and Trucks, but I'm sure not every driver makes every race in the 4, 6 and 8 cylinders. With fewer races, everyone is more likely to come out and compete at the same time.

Bingo! The track used to make a killing front and back gate 5 times a year now add them all up and it doesn't equal 1 of the sunday enduro races from 10 years ago.

WEEZER
12-04-2010, 10:22 AM
Pitbull and Golfguy both got it right, most inportantly is "why" the smaller race schedule. Once we know it may make sense. The Cromarty's have been doing this for a very long time and know what their doing. I'm only speculating but my guess is if the drag thing tanks, maybe they'll drop the drag cars and put in enduro racing?
I see a lot of "no advertising" posts but in every saturdays newsday all summer long there was the great article on a riverhead driver and that weeks events.

Maybe to entice out of state cars, have a bonus that the highest finishing out of state enduro driver wins a cash prize. I know there has to be requirements but maybe state that at least 5 out of staters have to start and it must be proven they are from another state (show drivers license etc.)

5 races really sucks, the grands more so, if wall doesn't open in 2011 grands can't run with their factory stocks and definetly can't run with NEETS, not sure what's in CT. Oh well.

Anthony #91 Grand

MSK27
12-04-2010, 11:20 AM
It would be a shame to ruin the Grand Enduro class.Maybe adding a few bars and whatnot and running them as factory/street stocks elsewhere.White Lake has a class that's close and they just paved the place.It looks great in the pictures.

nobandwagonhere
12-04-2010, 12:59 PM
Grand cars ARE legal at (White Lakes) Bethel......we ran there before and we were MORE than welcomed. Its tough running out of state, we did it for quite a while. The grands would be SUCH a shame to lose....went from 7 races to 9 now to 5. I didnt run last year but Ive been running that division since 2005. Not taking away from any other enduro, dont get me wrong. When I ran enduros we couldnt wait for that monthly Sundayto come around. It sucks all the way around. And I think the $$$ is getting a little twisted here. Dont let the track fool you, they make quite the $$$ on enduro days :rolleyes: . Why the monkey wrench this year is beyond me. BUT....if NEETS goes back to Mountain, Ill give you one guess where Ill be running...just sayin. Just my 3 cents.

----Boom-Boom

ray fitzgerald
12-04-2010, 01:51 PM
GRAND rules and NEETS rules are pretty close. A couple of nights of work in the garage and your good for neets.

Poppop
12-04-2010, 08:01 PM
:wave:Looks like I spoke out of turn about NEETS and Mountain but There will be racing at Grandview with the possibility of some more dirt at Big Diamond. That's unofficial of course. :lol:
Poppop

SuperShafts
12-05-2010, 11:54 PM
The track did advertising...

They had a spots all day on 2 radio stations, and even a few papers.

News 12 is not the answer to advertising for the motorsports world...

How many interviews have you seen where we were on news 12, even on a long island talks show... We had levy call a press conference for us, after 4 years of news 12 involvement people still don't know about the issues in motorsports, we get the word out better on foot..
Don't waste time advertising with news 12.

Economy is killer right now, many businesses are gone, many are struggling.

Not a lot anyone can do about that right now, other then spend money locally.

The hdra has 5 dates.... that's 5 different days, that really isn't killing the enduros, i would speak with whoever makes decisions there and see what needs attention, lots of areas need attention, just depends whats willing to be done to get there.
Keep in mind you might not get it, but the track has to pay while it has 28 days to get the money ...
So comparing your shop to that of RR is a bad example PIT BULL, unless you can keep a shop working every year while only working 28 days....i'd go easy with the marketing genius

We tried to make the spec drags a popular grudge edition, but with censoring and RR not putting it on there own site that didn't work.
That gets big attention, and that will also make the hdra popular, might not be for everyone, i personally am not the low speed guy, rather be on a full 1320 or on a full road course, but playing in the SD's was fun making some grude stuff up between me and Don, then that brought Charlie into the mix, woulda brought in even more, now doing some grudge talk in the hdra stuff will make the 100' worth while...so there is another alternative there for the missing speed.

The Bullfather
12-06-2010, 06:08 AM
Some of the Sundays are also set aside for go-karts,EEKR!

deathwishracin1
12-06-2010, 07:33 AM
How do these 100 foot drags run? Is it like bracket racing where if there's 50 cars, only the winner of each run goes on to run again until there is a winner? Or will there just be lets say its a 4 hour day and make as many passes as you can/want?

Has there been any thought to possibly add Enduro dates to some of these shows? I doubt most enduro drivers would mind watching some drag races while waiting for their races, and it would bring more money to the track.

SuperShafts
12-06-2010, 08:14 AM
Same as drag racing, all the same classes.

Even the bracket with break outs dial in's..

All the same, just missing 1220 feet of track.

I don't think there will be time for enduro to run..... having no drag strip for 6 years now, i think it should be very busy

maestri fan 1
12-06-2010, 12:31 PM
A new comedy club is forming on Long Island at Riverhead Raceway. Certain Sunday there will be 100 foot drags!!! hahaha just watched a video on youtube, wow it's horrible. as a matter of fact 2 people in the video were actually laughing at it....

Poppop
12-06-2010, 12:48 PM
:lol:I just watched it. It's like getting across Rosevelt Boulevard on a short light. It's all reaction time.:lol:
Poppop

art11758
12-06-2010, 12:59 PM
You see Matt it's easy. Anyone can do it right? Care to bet some money? Street eliminator May 22nd at noon. My totally street driven 1981 Buick Regal against what ever you daily drive.

You were born after most of the choice of venue was legislated out of existence here on Long Island. I'm guessing you are comfortable with what you have. I have been with out for a while now. I hope for your sake things continue to be easy to enjoy with little effort on your part. Be glad the track is ready to roll and has their schedule up for you to comment on. It may not always be that way.

PIT BULL
12-06-2010, 01:58 PM
You dont have to be a motorsport fan to come to RR for a good time We are looking for people wanting to bring a family to RR for a day of fun who dont know RR exists.The whole point is to bring NEW spectators who are UNAWARE!! that the place exists.. Motor sport fans all ready know RR is there for the most part. Channel 12 is the best venue for soliciting local family's for business who would normally spend there weekend going to a hockey or ball game. Or a whatever else they might do on the weekends.
If you read my post properly you would have saw I wasn't comparing my business to RRs. I was pointing out the fact a guy with an attitude as straight forward as mine is was capable of blowing up a European car business from my back yard to a 2 facility totaling 8,000 sq ft of indoor space. By marketing it properly. Once again channel 12 and speed channel would be one of the best advertising venues for RR. You can see video clips on TV commercials. You cant see race cars on the radio. RR needs are visual not so much as audio.We are looking for family's to pick a day at RR over a hockey or ball game, a flea market or fair,circus or something of that nature. You need to think outside the box, that what success is made of. Standing outside looking in is how to market this place. If you keep fishing in a lake you will catch the same fish. If you fish outside the lake you will catch more.

The Bullfather
12-06-2010, 02:07 PM
Would Fios let channel 12 which is owned and run through cablevision to cover events now? The track made a deal with Fios.

art11758
12-06-2010, 02:10 PM
Not to be a PITA, but the question needs to be asked, why channel 12? I don't even get that channel. Neither does anyone else who got tired of the endless assault of self promoting commercials and ever higher cost for ever smaller pool of channels. Speed Channel, I guess that might work. (I don't get that either) Between the two satellite providers,'net tv, Fios, and the lone few who still have an arial, there has to be a good chunk of the watching audience you are looking for who has moved on. Not knocking your point just making one of my own.

maestri fan 1
12-06-2010, 05:04 PM
Actually I always attended West Hampton when I was younger. Now look im all for a place on long island to drag racing. and it is good that riverhead raceway is making an effort, however its not gonna draw a crowd and honestly i think a lot of cars are going to get ruined.... i dont think there is enough stopping room. I just think riverhead isnt a place to have an event like this. You know i always thought something cool to do is have a few sundays out of the year where roads can be blocked off and drag racing can occur. I know off an exit on the LIE there is a quarter mile painted on the service road... i mean the do have block parties where they sign off to have roads closed. I know its a dumb idea i just think it would be cool. just my opinion tho.

You see Matt it's easy. Anyone can do it right? Care to bet some money? Street eliminator May 22nd at noon. My totally street driven 1981 Buick Regal against what ever you daily drive.

You were born after most of the choice of venue was legislated out of existence here on Long Island. I'm guessing you are comfortable with what you have. I have been with out for a while now. I hope for your sake things continue to be easy to enjoy with little effort on your part. Be glad the track is ready to roll and has their schedule up for you to comment on. It may not always be that way.

PIT BULL
12-06-2010, 06:24 PM
But the reason I keep bringing it up is because its "Long Islands" News channel. RR doesnt need motor heads, it needs spectators, everyday people who like to do things on the weekends and channel 12s audience is full of them. Like there stupid saying goes its as local as local gets.

fisherman
12-06-2010, 07:10 PM
hey maybe the drag racing will be in the pits just a thought lol

SuperShafts
12-06-2010, 07:37 PM
You dont have to be a motorsport fan to come to RR for a good time We are looking for people wanting to bring a family to RR for a day of fun who dont know RR exists.The whole point is to bring NEW spectators who are UNAWARE!! that the place exists.. Motor sport fans all ready know RR is there for the most part. Channel 12 is the best venue for soliciting local family's for business who would normally spend there weekend going to a hockey or ball game. Or a whatever else they might do on the weekends.
If you read my post properly you would have saw I wasn't comparing my business to RRs. I was pointing out the fact a guy with an attitude as straight forward as mine is was capable of blowing up a European car business from my back yard to a 2 facility totaling 8,000 sq ft of indoor space. By marketing it properly. Once again channel 12 and speed channel would be one of the best advertising venues for RR. You can see video clips on TV commercials. You cant see race cars on the radio. RR needs are visual not so much as audio.We are looking for family's to pick a day at RR over a hockey or ball game, a flea market or fair,circus or something of that nature. You need to think outside the box, that what success is made of. Standing outside looking in is how to market this place. If you keep fishing in a lake you will catch the same fish. If you fish outside the lake you will catch more.

Why do you think news 12 is the ultimate venue to get new people there..... It is not.. I really wonder who watches it anymore, i cant ever watch it..

The problem with getting new people to RR are a few...

When someone new comes and they sit and watch more caution laps then race laps, because there giving someone all kinds of time to get back on.....
BIG TURN OFF....
Imagine your 1st time ever seeing motorsports..... it's at RR... the chances of being drawn in forever are 70/30
There are nights things are good, but when it all goes wrong, you could lose many people... and people talk and take there friends WORD or CRITIQUE for gospel...
Who really wants to watch 8 laps of figure 8's... 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8! laps!..... and know that of the 8, it really might be 6 race laps

I had friends come to watch the SD's between me and Don, and many of them all 1st timers, many of them stuck around, only to get a phone call later of the distaste of everything else, 1. i didn't want to hear it and 2. i was making excuses for the track so they might come again and i would hope and pray i didn't have to hear the same exact thing again...

there are some things that are out of our hands.... and i talk to many many people and i have heard THOUSANDS tell me "it's still there" and "where is it"

Even when WE are fighting for a new facility i always manage to get RR in an interview and a line or 2 in a paper or where ever...
Im sure many people might have gotten some interest to visit the track...

Thing is, will they repeat... you can't survive on everyone coming once.

When you have 28 days of operation you WANT BIG Draws....and appeal to many people at once...

Actually I always attended West Hampton when I was younger. Now look im all for a place on long island to drag racing. and it is good that riverhead raceway is making an effort, however its not gonna draw a crowd and honestly i think a lot of cars are going to get ruined.... i dont think there is enough stopping room. I just think riverhead isnt a place to have an event like this. You know i always thought something cool to do is have a few sundays out of the year where roads can be blocked off and drag racing can occur. I know off an exit on the LIE there is a quarter mile painted on the service road... i mean the do have block parties where they sign off to have roads closed. I know its a dumb idea i just think it would be cool. just my opinion tho.

There is plenty of room to stop, i wouldn't fear bringing anything there, and if i did manage to hook hard i could just lift and start slowing early...
I am not a fan of anything slow, i don't really enjoy this stuff, but im gonna try it and make some fun with it... You'll be so surprised who comes out there...
Grudge works for anything, grudge is a big draw, and if not for the censoring and RR put it on there site, SD's would have been much more in demand... but some do not understand the benefits of grudge talk...

As for trying other areas.

We have been trying for some time to use the 7k runway at epcal, WE have all the insurance, We will bring the safety barriers and everything else needed, even offered the town money at both ends... as per rent and something from the money after it pays cost of operation (insurance/food/ect)

We are again going to try it one more time... this will make 8 times now...

We also tried the BHT FD field only to be ignored from the FD's...

There is nothing im not trying.... If this doesn't work for the 7k i have another idea to try out.

RGeeProductions
12-06-2010, 08:11 PM
To those who are saying these 100' drags are stupid, why are you saying this? Maybe they think oval racing is stupid. Your main concerns should be contacting the track with letters or emails supporting your divisions, not bashing drag racers who also need a place to at least run their cars somehow. Please understand, I really don't get why they have dropped Sunday Enduros, but on the other hand I do think this will have a great turnout.

TTOR
12-06-2010, 11:30 PM

Do it on ocean parkway, they're already drag racing there nearly every night in the summer, why not make it legit for a day. Block off one side and run some quarter miles. Also the Parking lot of the coliseum would be a good option, they already run auto cross there, any of those options would be more fulfilling for drag fans and drivers than riverhead, and wouldn't penalize the oval drivers.

Hell if they really want to get a facility built at calverton why not try hosting a one time event there on one of the runways to show the town and county that it would be worth it.

art11758
12-07-2010, 07:29 AM
Hell if they really want to get a facility built at Calverton why not try hosting a one time event there on one of the runways to show the town and county that it would be worth it.

If you only knew how difficult it is to get anything done in this town..... The Long Island Motorsports Association has offered several times (including at the Nov. 16th Board meeting) to show what exactly it's about. Between fear, bias, and out right untruth, (oh and some land use stuff, that was the latest reason why not) that offer has not been accepted.

PIT BULL
12-07-2010, 07:38 AM
I cant believe by now you don't get the point about news 12. Its obvious... ITS LONG ISLANDS ONLY NEWS CHANNEL. Im talking about bringing in NEW comers to RR. Besides that what goes on at the track is a different story. Once again,, The ONLY thing that 12 would be good for is to bring a crowed. Which is the whole point of being in business. I cant believe this is so difficult to comprehend. And that stupid word economy... an "economy" like this is when local things like RR should do better. More people stay close home. As far as keeping spectators coming to RR well thats a totally different story. I think I mentioned in post #40 some things we can do to put on a better show as well. At the end of the day if we can BS all day here. Until we find out from the people at RR what the want to ascertain from the track we are blowing smoke. We need to hear from them directly in order to get a platform to work from.

catfish
12-07-2010, 08:01 AM
Do it on ocean parkway

On a public road, that would never fly no matter how much insurance and waivers you have signed. Motorsports of any kind would be forever dead if something were to happen and someone got killed drag racing on a closed PUBLIC road. I am sure the first time people thought up half the circus acts at RR the initial reaction was the same as the 100' drags and quite a few have gone on to be a successful draw for several years or more. As everyone knows it's their sandbox and be thankful they still open it up for everyone to race. I am sure they make money and all but at their age they could sell the land tomorrow and will have made a larger profit on the property than they probably will in the next 10 years, or at least make enough to support them for the rest of their lives without the hassle of running RR. All we have to do is help them find a way to put asses in the seats!

TJ Motorsports
12-08-2010, 11:12 PM
Ok Grands enduros have another race on may 14th. Is it possible to get 1 or 2 more.

SuperShafts
12-09-2010, 07:47 AM
Do it on ocean parkway, they're already drag racing there nearly every night in the summer, why not make it legit for a day. Block off one side and run some quarter miles.

Also the Parking lot of the coliseum would be a good option, they already run auto cross there, any of those options would be more fulfilling for drag fans and drivers than riverhead, and wouldn't penalize the oval drivers.

Hell if they really want to get a facility built at calverton why not try hosting a one time event there on one of the runways to show the town and county that it would be worth it.

In order to do that then the county would have to ok it and insure it also....

Our insurance which is legitimate AAA racing insurance has to have all safety in place...

Which means if we do it at the coliseum we need the barriers for the distance to be run under power and a additional 1/3 of that distance on top of it...

So setting up and breaking down a mile of barriers is not a 5 minute process

As for the other idea, you didn't read all the posts...

SuperShafts
12-09-2010, 07:52 AM
I cant believe by now you don't get the point about news 12. Its obvious... ITS LONG ISLANDS ONLY NEWS CHANNEL. Im talking about bringing in NEW comers to RR. Besides that what goes on at the track is a different story. Once again,, The ONLY thing that 12 would be good for is to bring a crowed. Which is the whole point of being in business. I cant believe this is so difficult to comprehend. And that stupid word economy... an "economy" like this is when local things like RR should do better. More people stay close home. As far as keeping spectators coming to RR well thats a totally different story. I think I mentioned in post #40 some things we can do to put on a better show as well. At the end of the day if we can BS all day here. Until we find out from the people at RR what the want to ascertain from the track we are blowing smoke. We need to hear from them directly in order to get a platform to work from.

Use there forum to get the word out...

If your going to think about outside the racing community there are quite a few non racing long island forums that will reach the people you want, and far more than...

ITS LONG ISLANDS ONLY NEWS CHANNEL

You'll get better results from the forums, just keep in mind, when people make stupid comments that you don't get into a stupid pissing match with them.

Join those forums and make a post about the track and move onto the next...

Golf Guy
12-09-2010, 06:33 PM
Use there forum to get the word out...

If your going to think about outside the racing community there are quite a few non racing long island forums that will reach the people you want, and far more than...

You'll get better results from the forums, just keep in mind, when people make stupid comments that you don't get into a stupid pissing match with them.

Join those forums and make a post about the track and move onto the next...

I think you are missing his point. He wants to draw from the population that doesn't even know the track exists, I doubt very much these people will be found on race forum boards? Will it work, you will not know until you try. I think it's called thinking outside the box...

SuperShafts
12-10-2010, 07:52 AM
I think you are missing his point. He wants to draw from the population that doesn't even know the track exists, I doubt very much these people will be found on race forum boards? Will it work, you will not know until you try. I think it's called thinking outside the box...

I didn't say RACE forum boards.. i said
quite a few non racing long island forums

Im on hundreds of boards. I don't just try to get the motorsports community to join L.I.M.A. and fight for a new facility, I also get regular people to understand the benefits a facility brings, and let them know the truth of issues that really aren't present, even on the enviros boards and civics boards...

Hundreds of forums one can go to and get more word out then news 12....
In fact, i have told many on those boards the only facility left is RR, some have asked, some didn't

A69pizzoo
12-10-2010, 08:16 AM
Ok I think this post got way off track. I started it to let some steam off about the schedule. Why can’t we ever stay on the topic? And why does super shafts always post ridiculously long replies. And why can't we all just get along. Doesn't matter what anybody says super shafts always has to contradict or say something about that persons post.

Golf Guy
12-10-2010, 02:52 PM
I didn't say RACE forum boards.. i said

Im on hundreds of boards. I don't just try to get the motorsports community to join L.I.M.A. and fight for a new facility, I also get regular people to understand the benefits a facility brings, and let them know the truth of issues that really aren't present, even on the enviros boards and civics boards...

Hundreds of forums one can go to and get more word out then news 12....
In fact, i have told many on those boards the only facility left is RR, some have asked, some didn't

Not all of us have time to join forum boards as you do (in fact this is my only race forum). I do have time at night to sit down and watch the local news though. A combination of many infor/advertising ideas is always the best way to spread the word. I didn't think I really needed to explain that in my original post?

SuperShafts
12-12-2010, 10:13 AM
Ok I think this post got way off track. I started it to let some steam off about the schedule. Why can’t we ever stay on the topic? And why does super shafts always post ridiculously long replies. And why can't we all just get along. Doesn't matter what anybody says super shafts always has to contradict or say something about that persons post.

All topics evolve from one to another, letting them creates growth

Contradicted ? ? ? or gave another view ? ? ? ?

Apparently you don't fully get forum discussions, if no one repsonds to another post, you have a dead board, and a dead board with no discussion has no idea or ever gets past a single topic posted.

Golf guy that is a excuse people hide behind, it takes all of maybe 5 seconds to join a forum and make a thread.... Again, i never said race forum....

PIT BULL
12-12-2010, 11:29 AM
Shaft, your thinking is the type thats keeps a business from growth. I guess drive shafts just go around in circles so you do as well. You would have to be a complete dumb ass not to think that channel 12 advertising would help. As far as getting off the topic which was loosing track time is concerned. I went in that direction of trying to solve that problem. However some people need more words to say the same thing as others, And they just go on and on.:confused: Oh and by the way if you read my previous posts I had suggested soliciting other forums as well. Im all ready there shafts, I have it all figured out, just sit back put your seat belt on and let me drive. hahahaha:D:cheers::wave::(:):mad::-B:drool::applause:

A69pizzoo
12-12-2010, 06:15 PM
Shaft, your thinking is the type thats keeps a business from growth. I guess drive shafts just go around in circles so you do as well. You would have to be a complete dumb ass not to think that channel 12 advertising would help. As far as getting off the topic which was loosing track time is concerned. I went in that direction of trying to solve that problem. However some people need more words to say the same thing as others, And they just go on and on.:confused: Oh and by the way if you read my previous posts I had suggested soliciting other forums as well. Im all ready there shafts, I have it all figured out, just sit back put your seat belt on and let me drive. hahahaha:D:cheers::wave::(:):mad::-B:drool::applause:

Well said steve

PIT BULL
12-13-2010, 07:24 PM
I think its in January.

SuperShafts
12-13-2010, 08:45 PM

I get calls from all over the U.S. and news 12 had nothing to do with it.

I can't tell you not to, so do a news 12 advertising campaign and see, we used to use news 12, there following is not what you think, be it for or against.

honestly i think craigslist is better, most people do not like news 12.

Try it PB if you have it all figured out and see what happens, im saying it's not going to get any more people there and for the money you used there, you'll be better off doing radio.

killa54
12-15-2010, 04:47 PM
I think its in January.

i'm almost 100% sure its january 30th. check with the office..

SlickRick
12-16-2010, 12:29 AM

Well said, the guy just won't think.

PIT BULL
12-19-2010, 08:03 PM
I get calls from all over the U.S. and news 12 had nothing to do with it.

I can't tell you not to, so do a news 12 advertising campaign and see, we used to use news 12, there following is not what you think, be it for or against.

honestly i think craigslist is better, most people do not like news 12.

Try it PB if you have it all figured out and see what happens, im saying it's not going to get any more people there and for the money you used there, you'll be better off doing radio.

Do you actually think people are willing to travel across the country to come to RR???

How in the hell can YOU tell ME what news 12 following is??? Do you know all the people who watch it??

As far as me trying it, are you the one handing me RRs advertising budget???

For Christ's sake I am arguing with a cave man. You are clueless in marketing. Keep doing what you do, stay away of advertising. Its your kinda thinking that is keeping RR from doing the business they are capable of. Maybe you are used to telling people what to do and they listen to you. In my circle Im the one who gives the orders. Even as a small child I couldnt be told what to do. So stop try telling me what to do now. Good luck next season.:disgusted

nobandwagonhere
12-19-2010, 10:03 PM
:lol::lol::lol:.....lmao