12-01-2010, 08:32 PM
take the survey

Survey
http://www.zoomerang.com/Survey/WEB22BKPFMD32T

Results
http://www.zoomerang.com/Shared/SharedResultsPasswordPage.aspx?ID=L24P6KTZD8DT

deathwishracin1
12-01-2010, 09:07 PM
I'd pick both for what day for enduros if it was a choice, voted sunday tho. Its nice having the track to ourselves.

SuperShafts
12-02-2010, 07:09 PM
I Put this slanted pole on our site... where it isn't just oval racers and actually all forms.

Just so you know this is a money/car count issue, the track will make more with the 100' drags...

art11758
12-03-2010, 08:09 AM
Nice poll. I understand your point of view, but really, what are you trying to gauge? How many of you are going to build something specific for a event that in all fairness, isn't aimed at you?

ACNYPhoto
12-03-2010, 10:11 AM
I posted this over at the members area at Long Island Chevelles and I'm getting mixed feelings. Once to twice a year we rent either Atco or Island dragways as a club (and other's). It would be nice to not have to trailer the cars 2-3 hours but I'm also getting the response that it's 1/4 mile or nothing....

I guess we'll have to wait till the spring and see what the turnout is!

SuperShafts
12-03-2010, 05:29 PM
I posted this over at the members area at Long Island Chevelles and I'm getting mixed feelings. Once to twice a year we rent either Atco or Island dragways as a club (and other's). It would be nice to not have to trailer the cars 2-3 hours but I'm also getting the response that it's 1/4 mile or nothing....

I guess we'll have to wait till the spring and see what the turnout is!

It'll never feed the 1320 need, but it may be bigger than expected...

If anything it's 60' and tree practice.. and lots can be learned on the low end..

So far we are 29 / 13 for 100' drags, on a truly mixed board

A69pizzoo
12-03-2010, 10:04 PM
I Put this slanted pole on our site... where it isn't just oval racers and actually all forms.

Just so you know this is a money/car count issue, the track will make more with the 100' drags...

Thank you for doing this I hope we get a good amount of people voting.

btgoss
12-04-2010, 12:28 PM
I find myself in agreement with Shaft (watch yo mouf).

This is purely a money, numbers issue. This has the potential to pull in more people and cars than your typical Enduro show.

I just don't see how this is going to really work. I have visions of someone breaking something and going head on into the wall at a pretty good speed in what amounts to a street car. But whatever. Riverhead is a club track, this is just another club using that facility.

SuperShafts
12-04-2010, 12:38 PM
I find myself in agreement with Shaft (watch yo mouf).

This is purely a money, numbers issue. This has the potential to pull in more people and cars than your typical Enduro show.

I just don't see how this is going to really work. I have visions of someone breaking something and going head on into the wall at a pretty good speed in what amounts to a street car. But whatever. Riverhead is a club track, this is just another club using that facility.

NONE of the fast big hp cars are gonna hook on that track.... Definitely not....
I know some people say, track prep and rubber build up... then i remind them, what rubber build up are you making the next day, or the day after...

I doubt they'll use a track prep either...

So any real fast car doing something spectacular in 100' just isn't gonna happen... might, might get a few wavers maybe a couple day light launches..

From a professional look i doubt if i brought my car there i'll cut a 1.4 60 let alone 1.3, we'll see there is already some king of the 100' talk going on...

J.D.
12-04-2010, 05:27 PM
I hope there is a large turn out, then people will see that a drag strip is needed out here.

stockcar71
12-06-2010, 02:29 PM
I will try this in my G8 at riverhead only because I have no other place to go on Long Island.Maybe with a big turnout they (the town) will see we really need a place to race.WE NEED TO BUILD A 1/4 MILE NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The only thiing a drag strip would bring is income for the town of Riverhead,create jobs & help boost the economy out East.Let's not forget it will also keep our kids safe. So what's the problem?