PDA

View Full Version : When are we ever going to get a point fund back?

bulldozer
12-03-2010, 02:50 PM
??????????????????????????????????????? The chargers were in the 2 tear national point fund last year but since they didnt schedule enough races it cost us drivers a chance at winning. We had 17 races which was awsome.But if they would of made those 3 double point races 40 lappers which they should be anyways and thrown a checkered at the half way we would of had 20 races and a chance to win.I got 25th in points and if i had a couple more races i would of had a chance to win.I got 25th with an avg finish of 3 and 6 wins.I know they go by car count also but me 89X could of came home with great finishes. Now we have 14 races i guess they are cutting us out of the national point fund now.It was fun while it lasted. Getting back to the point fund we all race to win the championship and put our money ,time ,and time away from our familys then i think Riverhead Raceway should return to giving back to us racers who make Riverhead Raceway.Even if it isnt much something to show us they care a little. Maybe we as racers could also put 20$ dollors a week when we sign in to go to a point fund at least we will have something to look foward to in the offseason.Just my opinion.

quickmc73
12-03-2010, 03:58 PM
Chrs its a joke,the f8s have a points fun,and they deserve one just like the chargers do but for some reason the main division with the best car counts gets screwed.well let me also state thats the same for the legends,but we all can see how they been screwed.i cannot fiqure out why its so hard to treat your racers fairly,thats all they have to do!!!!!!!!!!

Fkraft99
12-11-2010, 02:32 PM
Brian, The Fig8's have a point fund because they go out and raise money for their own point fund, and throw their own banquest. No one is stopping you guys from doing the same.

quickmc73
12-12-2010, 02:44 PM
the fact that there is no money fiqured in to include points funds for all divisions is something i assumed was already bieng done,forgot where i raced!!!i commend the fig8S and the enduro series hard work in raising the the money to creat their own point funds.just another disappointing fact in this life of short track racing at the head.hey walt maybe we could up the beer to help fund the chargers,or add a dollar to the frozen burgers.:rolleyes:

Turbo
12-13-2010, 10:19 AM
coming from the turn 1 beer stand alone :lol:

RACENUT
12-13-2010, 02:59 PM
Please dont up the beer price, its up high enough already anything but that.

hollywoodmic
12-23-2010, 08:34 AM
I'm with Freddie on this one. You want a point fund????? Organize something. The race track is not obligated to give you one. I have the restaurant now, it's on a golf course. Come see me we'll put together a Charger Golf Tournmament. If you want to get a piece of the point fund every team must represent with at least a foursome. If you have no involvement, and win the championship you get nothing from the point fund. Everyone work on hole sponsors, a 50/50, a Chinese Auction, ect.

Complaining about it will get you no where. Want to do something about it??? You can. If you get 20 teams each put in a foursome that's 80 golfers. Get to 100, we could make 5 to 10k minimum for the point fund? You'll need an organizer (not me) I will help, but it can be done with a little effort. So sit on the side and complain or do something about it.

PS, if any of the golf carts are wrecked it will come directly out of the point fund $, so bring adults that wont wreck the carts.

quickmc73
12-28-2010, 08:41 PM
hi steve hope you and your family had a great xmass,listen,i understand that the only way to have a points fund is to raise the money ourselves,i know this now.i can bet that any info coming from you or freddy is golden and you can take it to the bank when it is about riverhead raceway or even racing in general.let me once again say that the other divisions that have organized and raised money for their point funds have done a great job and they should be recognized for their hard work!!!.i am just somewhat bothered that it has to be this way,payin all the bills,building, racing, repairing,week in and week out for 17 weeks should be rewarded when a top 5 finish in points is acheived,rewarded by the track that is fortunate to have such dedicated racers who already race to win a purse that has been the same since the 1970's.:rolleyes::help:i am hopeful to run both charger and late model next season and i hope i can find the time and the extra help to generate a sizable points fund for the chargers and latemodels in 2011.your suggestion was a good idea and i hope the charger guys feel the same way!:help:

hollywoodmic
12-29-2010, 07:50 AM
Come down to the Riverhead Rewind one night and speak with me. There is a lot we can do with minimal work to get something together for you guys. We could hand it all out in the pits the last night of the year. Or we could just give your winnings to Oval Speed, lol.