PDA

View Full Version : Your top 5 races of the year

dbucs1
12-04-2010, 12:13 PM
Now that the racing year is over what is everyones top 5 races of the year. All of mine are in the south because most of the races I saw this year were down here. Number 5 for me was the last southern race at Charlotte the racing was not good at all but the drama was as good as I have seen since Burt Myers and Tim Brown tied for the championship at bowman gray one year. Number 4 was the photo finish between John Smith and LW Miller. Number 3 was first race of the season at Orange county speedway. It had a crazy crash great passing in the end a guy who hardly ever races mods wins again Brian King. Number 2 South Boston LW Civali before they did not like each other beating banging to a great finish. Number one tri county speedway some of the most passing I have seen in one race in a long time. Burt Myers coming from nowhere to win and the fued between Civali and LW getting heated up. Races that almost made the top 5 Langley, the derby and the last race at bowman gray.

limodmaniac
12-04-2010, 02:03 PM
This is post number 1000 for me!

In no special order.

1. Bristol... I think I stood up and applauded after it was over.

2. Lancaster ..the Hirschman / Hossfeld battle had my heart racing.

3. Thompson.. World Series...pretty exciting to see Coby almost win that one.

4. Riverhead tour race..... good promotion and good short track action

5. Mahoning .... pick your race...any race..but the first one Matt Hirschman won this year, after pitting 5 times, was pretty exciting.

honorable mention.. Airborne, SouthBoston,North south shootout, Riverhead 100, Loudon, Canaan ( Goodale's first win.), Wyoming, first Mountain show.

dbucs1
12-04-2010, 02:32 PM
Bristol was a great race but last years Donny TC battle was still my favorite might have something to do with me always being a lia fan

MOD11RACER
12-04-2010, 05:33 PM
#1 Bristol- WMT - Hands down the best race of the year. 150 laps in 47 minutes with a time out. WOW. If you blinked it was over.

#2 - 4 way tie.

Thompson - World Series - WMT - It had everything and good clean racing all around.

Mountain - Open Modified Show - Open tire rule - The first and only $5,000 to win race won by #8 Earl Paules. The most back of the pack to the front of the pack racing of any race this year that nobody saw. If only more Modified shows would run no tire rules.

Loudon - WMT - The first race. Great battle between TC and Ryan Newman.

Riverhead - WMT - Watching Ryan Preece put on a short track passing clinic was great. Nothing like a great short track race.

Honorable Mention: Riverhead - Modified - Watching Tom Rogers Jr. win the 35 lap caution free feature in just under 9 minutes.

limodmaniac
12-04-2010, 06:29 PM
Yup, forgot about that 35 lapper at Riverhead. Rogers and Brunnhoelzl both put on a show.

stoningtonmodmania
12-04-2010, 07:45 PM
#1 bristol how ya not love it

#2 Us open hirschman and hossfeld great race

#3 the 150 at mountian on my birthday zaine and matt side by side hard racin for last 50 laps

#4 chemung roc race

#5 thompson sk races were great all year between either rocco and teddy or pitkat and teddy so many races side by side at the line race wwhat a year

Teds Race Tours
12-04-2010, 09:19 PM
1) Bristol....a Classic
2) Thompson World Series...a Classic
3) Riverhead Tour. A Classic
4) Chemung ROC. A Classic
5) Monadnock Tour. A Classic

Jaws
12-04-2010, 11:19 PM
1) Bristol....a Classic
2) Thompson World Series...a Classic
3) Riverhead Tour. A Classic
4) Chemung ROC. A Classic
5) Monadnock Tour. A Classic

I'm with Ted except the Chemung ROC race as I did not see it, I would replace it with maybe the 1st NH race or the Riverhead HOF race seeing Tom Rogers chase down Ronnie Silk was pretty exciting.

JEFF
12-04-2010, 11:53 PM
1) Bristol
2) Mahoning 1st 100 lapper a wild one
3) ROC at Chemung
4) ROC US Open at Lancaster
5) World Series at Thompson

PitGirl35
12-05-2010, 02:04 PM
1- Bristol- I didn't get to go last year and absolutely loved it this year
2- Icebreaker win
3- Stafford (May) win
4- Martinsville win
5- Fall Final win

those definately aren't everyones top 5, but their mine =)

mattphoto
12-05-2010, 04:30 PM
1. NHMS June Mod Race watching newman and tc battle it out for the last 30 laps
2. Mods on a road course at Lime Rock
3. WMT makes a return to Monadnock after a 20 year absence
4. World Series race at Thompson
5. Just happy to see modifieds everywhere I went

RacnJason00
12-05-2010, 04:32 PM
5. Just happy to see modifieds everywhere I went

You couldn't have said it any better Matt :applause::applause::applause::applause: