PDA

View Full Version : Speedway illustrated is back!!!!!!!!!!!

WEEZER
12-08-2010, 09:08 PM
Just got my first subscription of SPEEDWAY ILLUSTRATED, Amen!!!
Other then Area Auto Racing News and Hustler magizine there's not a better Stockcar Racing mag around but WTF does a Managing Editor do???????

The Bullfather
12-08-2010, 09:29 PM
heard of auto area but the other one??? never saw it in borders under automobiles or sports!!!

LongIslandJam
12-09-2010, 10:54 AM
Pickles, that's quite the assortment of reading material (small tidbit of trivia - the old Stock Car Racing magazine, which many of the editors originally worked for, was actually owned at one time by the same folks who owned Penthouse).

The Managing Editor winds up doing whatever it takes to get the magazine in your hands (writing, photography, coordinating, selling - anything but sleeping). This includes offering shameless plugs whenever I get a chance:

Subscribe now via www.speedwayillustrated.com or call 1-877-9-RACEMAG (1-877-972-2362). If you're a racer who wants to win (and have some fun while competing in the sport we love), this is your magazine.

Thanks for subscribing - we have some really cool stuff planned for 2011!

WEEZER
12-09-2010, 09:02 PM
Dam J.A. can you believe Pete's never heard of Speedway Illustrated!!!! And he can't find it at borders??????
I called some number (we were slow at work) and a guy named Karl F. answered the phone, I figured I'd get a recording, a secretary or even a Managing Editor but when K. F. answered, I almost sh*t my pants and could'nt say a word( we eventually chatted for 20 minutes, what a cool guy) Thanks!!!
Best thing I ever read in Speedway Illustrated was 20 street stock tips with tip 12 being "it only has to look good from 20 feet away" (thank goodness for my car) but so true!!!!

Fast&Legal
12-10-2010, 04:00 PM
Haven;t got my copy yet, it starts again , always getting my mag late wtf Des Gorman

The Bullfather
12-10-2010, 04:17 PM
You know better Foester!!! lol

LongIslandJam
12-10-2010, 05:34 PM
Pickles - yes, Karl answers the Speedway Illustrated phone personally. We're a magazine by racers for racers and we're just as excited to hear about your race car and where you race as you are.

You make a good point about the 20-foot rule. Out of all my journeys, the race car with the most visible, and legible, sponsors of all time was that of Tony Anello's duct-tape special at Thompson during an Icebreaker one year. It was pretty ugly up close (no offense Tony), but Atlas was clearly visible from the grandstands.

You won't find us at Borders or your local newsstand. Our goal is to be in every racer's toolbox - at their shop and/or at the track - as a vital piece of equipment that helps you race faster, safer and cheaper.

Des - we sent out our issues earlier this month. The USPS does not guarantee delivery of periodicals and delivery time depends on destination and the mail volume at the processing offices. We apologize for the delay, but you can be rest assured it will be worth the wait - it's timeless yet relevant material.

By the way: Thanks everyone for your support over this year. We've had an interesting 2010, but we're definitely ending the year on a high note with great promise for 2011. Thanks!

figure849
12-10-2010, 07:45 PM
What is the deal with Speedway Illustrated ?
Was this something that all Nascar members got ?, Or did I subscribe to it .
And is starting again ?

LongIslandJam
12-11-2010, 10:02 AM
Those with a NASCAR license received the magazine for a time. In 2009, that deal ended.

A new ownership group bought the magazine in 2009 and in 2010 closed us down. With a new group of investors who understand the sport, we brought the magazine back, with the majority of the staff from the original ownership group, and December 2010 was our return issue.

Fat Albert
12-12-2010, 06:22 PM
I renewed my subscription, for two years, two weeks before they went out of business. Of course I never got a refund. I think I'll stay with Circle Track Magazine for now.

LongIslandJam
12-12-2010, 06:47 PM
Fat Albert - while not obligated to, the new ownership group is honoring all active subscriptions from previous owner.

MSK27
12-13-2010, 12:23 PM
Hey JA,Is there a way to ck if my magazine has been mailed?I've been checking the PO box and still no sign of it.Thanks,Randy

LongIslandJam
12-13-2010, 02:02 PM
MSK27 - yes, please PM me your address and the name the subscription is under and I can provide you information on it.

Fat Albert
12-13-2010, 02:14 PM
Fat Albert - while not obligated to, the new ownership group is honoring all active subscriptions from previous owner.

That's great news J.A. I'm looking forward to receiving my first issue. Thanks